PBeM Technical Problem

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gremdel
Rookie
Rookie

PBeM Technical Problem

Post by Gremdel »

This has happened to me three times. The first time it was at the end of the game and an access violation was triggered. It would happen every time I scrolled through the log. It didn't affect my game so I ignored it.

Last game I tried to add an APO at the end of my game and it appeared again only this time it didn't add the APO. I wrote a note to my commish asking him to add one for me but he must of missed it because he sent me the next game file without the APO. I tried to add him myself to my team but it resulted in another ACCESS VIOLATION. The text:

Code: Select all

Access Violation at address 004439E8 in 'pbemb22.exe'.  Read of address 00000070.
Hope this is clear. If you'd like me to send the game file, let me know what address. BTW, I'm running WinXP Pro.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I had a similar warning.

I think it's because at some stage someone has sent an unzipped .bbm file, which is a big no-no.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: PBeM Technical Problem

Post by High & Mighty »

Gremdel wrote: Access Violation at address 004439E8 in 'pbemb22.exe'. Read of address 00000070.
Could it be it's because someone used an old version of the software? Since pbembb23, not 22, is the current version?

Gremdel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gremdel »

Yeah, both good ideas but...

#1 - Unzipped Email) I don't think so because it came straight from the commish in a nicely zipped package. It hasn't been bounced around at all.

#2 - version 2.2) That was my fault. I copied it down wrong, it should be "pbembb23.exe" not "pbemb22.exe"

So... any other ideas?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The only thing I've seen cause this error in the game is using a team reroll when no ones turn marker is pressed. I've never seen it trigger otherwise.

You can always try sending me a log file where it occurred and I'll look at it to see if its a bug.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I've also had it happen a few times while reviewing the log, but as its allowed me to continue playing i've just ignored it

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I just had a problem like this too.

It added a wiz and apoth to both sides. After that every time I opened the program it was all f-d up. No buttons! It was crazy! I just deleted it and DL'd the whole thing again and chalked it up to a Windows FAT fart.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Gremdel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gremdel »

I think I may have accidently overwritten the old file when I got a new game file... though I might still have the game file from the very first time it happened. It didn't affect the game so I let it slide.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Gremdel wrote:I think I may have accidently overwritten the old file when I got a new game file... though I might still have the game file from the very first time it happened. It didn't affect the game so I let it slide.
What version of the rules are you using (meaning MBBL, MBBL2, RABBL,etc.) ... the Apothecary code section got a serious rewrite in 2.3 so that it could handle the level 5 Apothecary for the MBBL2 and PBeMBBL so I want to check it out as I could have missed a bug.

Galak