How to edit and create players and teams in teamtracker.

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

How to edit and create players and teams in teamtracker.

Post by Asmodan »

I got a request to post how you can edit and create players and teams in teamtracker, so i will try to explain how you do this.

How to edit a player:
On the bottom of teamtracker there are several buttons that gives you a new section of the teamtracker. You should see it says team roster, game records, opponent summary etc.
The button most to right (Its half covered) says Player Editor.
Click it and you will get to the player editor section.
Find the player you want to change (All players are listed next to the "get player" button) and click on it. Now you can change whatever you want.
PS. I have not found a way to change skills without having to write all of them again, since all the skills get deleted when i press the skill box.
When you are finished with your changes, click the "update player stats" button, and the teamtracker will use your changes.

How to create new players:
Just write the new player name, stats, skills,cost and number allowed in the box and click the "add new player" button.
NB!!! DO NOT click "update player stats" button, as this would delete the player that was shown before you started creating your new player.

How to create new races:
The section next to player editor is called "New teams"
Press it and you will see it says "user added teams".
You can delete this and write the name of your new race. (It should now come up when you press team in the team roster section and race in the player editor section.)
Then you write the name on all the different type of players you have made in the "player editor" section, in the boxes under the name of your race.
NB. You must write exactly the same name as you used when you created the player or you will not get any stats or skills on the player when you put him in your roster.
After you have added the cost of your races reroll and wether they have an apothecary or not, you can create a team in the team roster section of that race as usual.

How to edit existing races:
Go to the player editor section, and find the team you want to add new players too, where it says edit team database.
You should now get a complete list of all current available players for the team you want to edit.
If you write the name of the player in the box under the last player that is listed you will be able to add the player to your team in the team roster section.
NB. You must write exactly the same name as the teamtracker use.
If you want to know what teamtracker use, just check another team with that player or find it in the list you use to edit players (look above)

Asmodan

Reason: ''
Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Thanks a bunch Asmodan!! Its works and thanks for taking the finger time and typing all that out!!

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

No problems, especially since i was bored that day and had nothing better to do.

Asmodan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, thanks Asmodan, and for the Fimir file as well.

Couldn't remember if I'd thanked you by email, so I've done it here.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.