League Manager softwhere

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

League Manager softwhere

Post by Nightbird »

Can anyone direct me to some info on using the League manager software I downloaded from the fumbbl site??? I would greatly appreciate any and all help. I am new to the online BB world. Thanks :D

Reason: ''
~There's something out there waiting for us & it ain't no man...we're all gonna die!~
Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Falc »

Well, I've been tinkering with it for a few days now and seem to have gotten the gist of it, so feel free to ask me. Of course, the best idea would be to just ask on this forum if you have any particular questions...

Real life should be optional
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

well the main problem I'm having is that after I add anything to the LM after I close the program it doesn't save anything??? :-? Is there a way to save?

~There's something out there waiting for us & it ain't no man...we're all gonna die!~
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

I don't understand how to use the HTML deal on it either?

Is there a way to get the pull down menu for positions when just adding a non-league team? I know it works in league format.

Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Falc »

Saving is easy: it's in the File menu at the top of the application.

The HTML export function is in the same menu. You will probably need template files though, those can be downloaded from the software's website. You'll have to fill in most of the entries in the HTML Export tab, and it should work.

As for adding other teams, I think you'd have to edit the 2k1.lmr file that's also available from the site.

Real life should be optional
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

As for adding other teams, I think you'd have to edit the 2k1.lmr file that's also available from the site.
Yes, that would work. Another way would be to go to the "options" tab and use that to edit the race information. Remember to save though :)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

Christer, in the html export section what do I need to put in the html folder, roster folder, and roster html sections??? Bounty, Cemetery Sections???

I'm guessing that the other sections (teams, tables, matches, etc.) are filled with the files that come with league manager

Also when this info is saved can it be saved into the main application or do you have to create a folder to save it into and then access the info from there.

It would be very helpful/appreciated if there was a tutorial on the fumbbl site for using this software.

Thanks

~Nightbird

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I talked about it in another thread... I would be very happy to know if the extra game rolling die are managed by a teammanager (exp, winnings ageing... )

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

"HTML Folder" is where LM will export the HTML files for the various tables it generates.
"Roster Folder" is the folder where the team rosters will be exported.
"Roster HTML Prefix" is prepended to the html links for the team names, ie: <a href="[prefix][team webpage]">[team name]</a>

Bounty and cemetary should be set to a template file just like coach, team, match etc. I probably didn't manage to include these two templates into the template zipfile... Mostly because I'm lazy heh.. Templates are also the aspect of LM that totally would need documentation as they include a set of tags which pretty much only I know of ;)

You are right abotu the documentation. I have managed to type up a quick-start which you will find on the website for LeagueManager, but I really don't have the time to spend writing a proper documentation. If anyone is feeling up to it, I would be happy to answer any questions and provide details.

Skill rolls are not managed by LM but it will give you a list of players that are eligable for the rolls.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Nightbird
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nightbird »

chirister, I'm lost man! I'm not a cpu guru, programer or anything. I have no idea what that code means that you wrote. I'm just average joe cpu guy. I guess I'll just have to give-in on using this program.

I guess what I want to know is how to use it to play in your fumbbl league is all.

I know how to save, zip and send the files to U is that good enough? Although I am still having to use the javaclients html team files to play, which means I would have to edit and update 2 files for your league. One in the team manager program and one in the javaclients html team files

let me know what U can do.

Thanks,

~nightbird

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Yes you only need to put a team in and export it and send it to christer, you don't need to do anything else to just play in fumbbl.