Alternative pitches

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing wrote:Note Galak is hoping to make the next version of the tool configurable to choose your own pitches.
Huh ... what ... I ALREADY DID THAT!!! .... quite a while ago in fact.
But I'm guessing sometime after Nov 22nd when I posted that.... :wink:

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Deathwing wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing wrote:Note Galak is hoping to make the next version of the tool configurable to choose your own pitches.
Huh ... what ... I ALREADY DID THAT!!! .... quite a while ago in fact.
But I'm guessing sometime after Nov 22nd when I posted that.... :wink:
Hmmmmm ... yeah .... okay .... :oops: .... the all seeing Eye of Galak needs glasses ..... gotta thank Toby for that one someday :lol: .

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

Grumbledook wrote:Hmm should think making a bodged ice pitch wouldn't be too hard in photoshop, just put a white hue layer over the top for the simplist method.
Indeed it is. In case you didn't catch it in the fumbbl forums...

(work in progress... still needs some details...)

Alright, Darkson... where's my cash?

phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

i have a slightly different take on an ice pitch... from my "probably coming eventually" set of old world stadium rules an images to compliment the lustrian arenas for the LPL, here's the image for longship stadium...

www.lplbb.com - The Lustrian Premier League
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Sorry to be a party-pooper guys, but it will be very difficult to see the numbers when you count players movement using these pitches. These numbers show up in white (except when going for it when they are yellow) and will be invisible on a white background.

(This is why I suggested to Phil that he make the Memorial Ground darker... it is now much better, btw Phil.)

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

maybe we should talk to galak about getting some ability to set the plotting numbers from white to black in the .ini files.... if there's gonna be alternate pitches, snow will always be one of the desired looks...

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

martynq wrote:Sorry to be a party-pooper guys, but it will be very difficult to see the numbers when you count players movement using these pitches. These numbers show up in white (except when going for it when they are yellow) and will be invisible on a white background.
Heh. Oops. I'm only using SkiJunkie's JavaBBowl, which has all the nice, bordered gray circles or icons, never just white numbers...

{edit: damn urls... you know what I'm talking about}

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

BadMrMojo wrote:
martynq wrote:Sorry to be a party-pooper guys, but it will be very difficult to see the numbers when you count players movement using these pitches. These numbers show up in white (except when going for it when they are yellow) and will be invisible on a white background.
Heh. Oops. I'm only using SkiJunkie's JavaBBowl, which has all the nice, bordered gray circles or icons, never just white numbers...

{edit: damn urls... you know what I'm talking about}
The white numbers are not the players ... they are to show movement paths ... since you do each move of a Javabowl player one at a time mapping your course of action is never required.

As for the black number option .... I think that should be doable. It will be a while before Ronald and I can add it in as we are both swamped by the dreaded "real life".

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
phil
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil »

GalakStarscraper wrote:the dreaded "real life".
i hate that guy... he won't leave me alone either...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

BadMrMojo wrote:Alright, Darkson... where's my cash?
Well, you have my eternal gratitude already, and if you can get to the BB tourney, and presude Andy to let me be your 1st round opponent I concede the game :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

As for the black number option .... I think that should be doable.
Another way would be to outline the white numbers with a black border. Kinda like subtitles are done in some movies.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com