Team Tracker program....

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Team Tracker program....

Post by Rustycan »

Ok Im using the Team Tracker tool to make a team, and I thought That I could use it to keep track of my table top teams as well to keep them neat and clear. However when I tried to add a skill to one of my players it said that the cell was protected and read only and asked for a password. How can I edit the skill columns and what the heck is the password thing?? Or if there is a better thing to use to keep track of table top teams then I would like to know where to get it!! :cry:

Reason: ''
When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Remco »

Try scrolling to the right side. There you will find some columns that will allow you to add skills and stat upgrades. If you want to change player attributes or limits, you need to go to the 'player editor' tab. If you want to add the Amazons, you'll need to add them with the player editor and with the 'new teams' tab.

Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

OK if you don't like Team Tracker, I have done a spreadsheet which is more up-to-date and is easier to add teams in (it doesn't have Khemri added for example but it will take 5 mins max to add them into the database) and in my opinion more flexible.

The spreadsheet does the following:-

Generates Team Rosters
Maintains Team Records
Produces Upgraded Rosters based on Team Record and SPPs earned
Allows Roster HTML production for PBEM (with either an Other SPP column or without)
Maintains a record of those players who couldn't stand the pace

and, in addition:-

allows:-

a maximum of 99 different teams (ie add your own to the official list)
a total of 119 different skills / traits (add your own again!)
a variable SPP Table
a variable Starting Treasury
Teams with Double SPP Progression
Teams with additional Big Guys

.... all linked to the roster you select.....

There are also detailed notes on how to use the spreadsheet.

Get the spreadsheet from:-

http://www.dn-allen.supanet.com/Excel/BBRoster.zip

I am working on an update.... but this may be some time away!

Dave

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Thanks Dave that spreadsheet it awesome! It seems to work better thatn the others. I have sent the url to my group here for them to try it out.

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

A newbie tracker question

Post by Methusalah »

Thanks for that link Dave, that sounds well worth checking out. I better try and master the basics before I move on too much though. I've downloaded the Team Tracker and put my starting team in it. How am I supposed to save it in html, and how does it link to the PBeM tool?

You're only as old as you feel
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well with Team Tracker, there is an option at the top - use one of the menus and click on HTMLize roster.

With my spreadsheet (see the link above) there is a macro that does it for you.

Once you have an html, then open the PBEM tool. Click on start new game - click all the various options that you want (ie BB2k1 or aditional skills etc). Once you have done this, click OK and the tool will ask you to load first a red team and then a blue team. Just click on the html file for the 2 teams you want to play agaisnt eachother (or click on yours and save and email the file to your opponent for him to load his team and you are off and running.

Once you have finished the game, the PBEM tool allows you to update the roster - when you have completed the post game click on the make purchases button - buy players rerolls etc and then click on update roster button. Find the old html file and click on it. The Tool will save the updated roster as old_new. Use this new file for your next game. Of course if you are mainitaining your roster in Excel too then you will need to add SPPs earned, cash etc manually to whichever Excel program you are using.

Good Luck!

Dave

Mr. Sanity
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Sanity »

I just tried out your spread sheet, and I like it a lot. However, it does not export corrently under Excel 2000. In Excel 2000, it pumps out a lot of XML and CSS crud at the beginning of the file, and PBeMBB Tool can't parse it correctly. Oh well... That's M$ quality for you.

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

yeah it exports correctly in Excel 2000.

How are you doing the export?

Dave

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I have a question (and the answer is probably pretty simple - but so am I :) ).

I using teamtracker to keep track of my Norse tabletop team and I want to add a Minotaur to the roster. How do I do that?

When I click on position I get Blitzer, Catcher, thrower and Lineman, and it won't allow me to enter it manually. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Go to the player editor section, and find the Norse team where it says edit team database.
You should now get a complete list of all current available players for norse.
If you write Minotaur in the box under the last player that is listed you will be able to add a Minotaur to your team in the team roster section.

Asmodan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Must still be doing something wrong as I have added Mino's to Norse team, but it doesn't appear on the roster sheet.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

I seems to have missed a few points in my explanation.
After you have done what i wrote in my previous post,
you must first of all press update team stats.
If not it won´t register the changes.
At this point its not always it appears on the roster.
Try pressing "get team stats" on norse again or save teamtracker and then start it again.

Asmodan

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I managed to do it by starting the program again, adding the mino first, and then adding the other playersand the stats in.

And after all that, I must be mad, adding a rookie mino to a TR200 team :lol: