MartynQ's Blood Bowl Team Editor

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

MartynQ's Blood Bowl Team Editor

Post by martynq »

Since I only have an ancient version of Excel, I can't actually use the TeamTracker program. So a while ago I started to write a program for generating Blood Bowl teams. Since I'm an amateur programmer, I've not got very far - certainly what I've written is not even an alpha release yet - but if anyone is interested, you can download it from the following url:

http://uk.geocities.com/martyn_quick/teamedit.html

A few words of warning: It's written in Python, so you will need to install that before you begin. Secondly, there is still loads to do. You can generate a rookie team, but not add spps or money to the team yet (these are the next things I'm working on!)

I would love to have feedback, particular on the layout of the interface at the current stage of development.

Cheers,
Martyn

Reason: ''
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I don't know if anybody has succeeded in having a go with my editor. I know a number of people have been to the site, but I've not had any feedback yet.

Anyway, just to let you know, I have updated the editor a bit. It now allows you to enter match data, gain star player points and gain skills.

My next goals are to address injuries for players and then I'll see if I can create a standalone version which doesn't require you to install Python (i.e., hopefully people will only need to unzip the program and away they go). After that, it's bug-swatting time!

Cheers,
Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, I've posted what ought to be Version 0.5... but I think it doesn't say that. It now handles injuries to players, but imperfectly. The next step is to produce a standalone Windows version and to begin a massive bug-hunt. (Yeah, I know most of it doesn't work properly. :roll: )

Cheers,
Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Important Announcement: I've now finished Version 0.6 of my Blood Bowl Team Editor and created a stand-alone Windows version. I think it is basically fully working now so I'd call it a beta release.

I'd be very grateful if some of you could have a go and tell me what you think. The link is (once again):

http://uk.geocities.com/martyn_quick/teamedit.html

Cheers,
Martyn

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Martyn,

Downloaded to see what it was like. Looked good but I do have some questions. Why are RRs listed as 50K and no way to change the price? Same with wizards, listed as 150K, but now wizs are freebooted at 50k. Is this only for use with PBeM or can it be used with Skijunkie's Javabowl?

GO STAMPEDERS!
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Torg wrote:Why are RRs listed as 50K and no way to change the price?
Erm, the price should change according to which race you pick. If you select a new team that has a different cost for re-rolls, then it should change the cost displayed. (If this doesn't work, let me know!)
Same with wizards, listed as 150K, but now wizs are freebooted at 50k.
You'll notice that you can't purchase any wizards at all yet. This is because I've not included the ability to freeboot at all yet. The wizards button is just a throwback to the old 3rd edition at the moment. I've got to think about how to implement freebooting!
Is this only for use with PBeM or can it be used with Skijunkie's Javabowl?
At the moment, you can export an HTML file which looks much the same as any other team sheet. Whether it is fully compatible with PBeM/Javabowl, I don't yet know.

Cheers,
Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Version 0.7 of my team editor is now posted (well, actually was posted yesterday). You can now freeboot players and the program will delete them after a match is played. This means that data files from previous versions won't work properly I'm afraid as players won't have an indicator as to whether or not they are freebooters.

The progam should now be completely compatible with the Living Rulebook - with the exception of the changes made as of the Rules Review (i.e., kroxigor having mighty blow).

Cheers,
Martyn

Devante
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Devante »

Hey this is pretty good, especially for people like me who are crap at maths and don't really know what a calculator is :)

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Merry Christmas (tomorrow!).

I've just uploaded Version 0.8 of my Team Editor to my website (address above!). This implements some of the changes from the rules review - Kroxigor have Mighty Blow, goblins pay double for ogre star players (i.e., Morg) - and I've also adjusted it so that you actually can buy re-rolls (at double cost) after you've played a match. I've also added stats changes to be displayed in the teamsheet produced (e.g., "MA+1").

Cheers,
Martyn

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I've gotta say having just come across this I'm most impressed. Okay, I'm one of those thick people who don't add names immeidately so wondering why I couldn't hire the Kroxigor immediately but worked it out in the end. Having a BLonde year!

Anyway, GREAT TOOL! Definitely one to be recommended. Going to see how it goes with the Java BloodBowl Tool over the Christmas period.

Merry Christmas All

BigD

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

MartynQ, I get no response to clicking "Download windows version"

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Darkson wrote:MartynQ, I get no response to clicking "Download windows version"
Hmmm... most odd. Does anyone else get this phenomenon? Darkson, what browser are you using... and do you get the same result if you right click and select "Save link" from the menu? (It certainly works for me when I click on the "Download windows version".)

Cheers,
Martyn

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

MartynQ, I'm using IE6 and Star Downloader, but it works fine if I right click it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, I've got it downloaded, and downloaded python, help, what do do next?

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, you've got two choices.

The easiest one is to completely ignore Python and just download the Windows executable file (the big 2Mb or so zip file). Unzip it (preserving directory structure) and double click on the exe file it contains to start the program.

The second one is more complicated and should be only bothered with if you want to see my original source code. Do you want me to explain that?

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle