Translators (all languages but French) requested/needed

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I could translate it into English "English".

There again, with my spelling ability, maybe not :lol:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Remco »

Only the northern half of Belgium speaks Flemish, the southern half speaks French. In Brussel they should speak both, but try telling that to a wafel-vender. :lol:

If the only thing I have to do is translate English to Dutch, I can do that. I doubt there will be much need for a Dutch version though, as most Dutch people can write in English rather well. They can also speak it quite fairly, albeit with an accent (most of the time).

Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I have noticed that the Germans and Dutch I've meet all seem to speak and write English better than we brits do :oops: .

I sad state of affairs for our educational system. :cry:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay so far for official volunteers I have:

French
Spanish
Danish
Dutch
Finnish
Hungarian
Portugese
Swedish
Japanese

I'd still like to get German and Italian if possible ...

9 Languages confirmed so far ... very very cool ... thanks to everyone for volunteering. I'll be probably contacting you all in January to ask for the translation. The translation won't be very much as most of the translation are skill names and warning messages.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oh and sincere stupid american apologies to the Dannes on the list for confusing your language with that of another country. Very sorry.

Galak

Harleqin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Harleqin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Oh and sincere stupid american apologies to the Dannes on the list for confusing your language with that of another country. Very sorry.

Galak
Can't win 'em all Galak :P So, are are mailing us the stuff that needs translation? You might have written it in your first post, but it's way past midnight and I really ought to get some sleep so I can't really be bothered to look :oops: Well, I have this week off so I'd like to get started on it. Just mail me or PM me if there's anything.

The game is about GLORY. Doing things in STYLE.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Harleqin wrote:Can't win 'em all Galak :P So, are are mailing us the stuff that needs translation? You might have written it in your first post, but it's way past midnight and I really ought to get some sleep so I can't really be bothered to look :oops: Well, I have this week off so I'd like to get started on it. Just mail me or PM me if there's anything.
MMMMMMM .... sorry ... I won't have the file ready for another month or two. I just wanted to gauge how much assistance I would get when I'm ready. So nothing immediate ... sorry.

Galak

veron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by veron »

Pardon me for going off-topic, but...
Remco wrote:... as most Dutch people can write in English rather well.
Remco, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree on that one. I play chess at this Dutch site called Pimpernel (www.pimpernel.com), most of the people in there are Dutch. The poor quality of written English always surprises me, I thought that in Europe everyone is quite fluent with English. I mean, sure you can understand (most of the time) what they are saying, but the number of spelling errors... Wow!

But hey, maybe they are just Germans, pretending to be Dutch to get you guys a bad rep??

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Well, this will be also off-topic, but I can't resist.

I read somewhere this (free translation):

If someone speaks 3 different languages very well, he's a trilingual;
If someone speaks 2 different languages very well, he's bilingual;
If someone speaks only one language, he's french people.

;)

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Galak,

If you really need somebody, I could do a Dutch translation (though at least until the next year starts, I'll be to busy probably), but I don't think a Dutch version would be useful. I remember some of the translated flyers GW had a few years ago, and fantasy stuff in Dutch sounds REALLY stupid (IMVHO).

Since all GW Games are still in English here (thank God for that), I'd think that people would prefer to use an english version anyway (I would)

Just let me hear.

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Harleqin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Harleqin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
MMMMMMM .... sorry ... I won't have the file ready for another month or two. I just wanted to gauge how much assistance I would get when I'm ready. So nothing immediate ... sorry.

Galak
Two months? Well, that's ok. I also have a week off in January 8)

The game is about GLORY. Doing things in STYLE.
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

DaFrenchCoach wrote:Well, this will be also off-topic, but I can't resist.

I read somewhere this (free translation):

If someone speaks 3 different languages very well, he's a trilingual;
If someone speaks 2 different languages very well, he's bilingual;
If someone speaks only one language, he's french people.

;)
Very funny DFC but we all know that it should be english. :oops:

If someone can't understand you then just speak slower and louder!!

only joking :lol:

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

norev wrote:Remco, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree on that one. I play chess at this Dutch site called Pimpernel (www.pimpernel.com), most of the people in there are Dutch. The poor quality of written English always surprises me, I thought that in Europe everyone is quite fluent with English. I mean, sure you can understand (most of the time) what they are saying, but the number of spelling errors... Wow!

But hey, maybe they are just Germans, pretending to be Dutch to get you guys a bad rep??
Nah, they are probably English. The Dutch speak better English than we do.

:lol:

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Who's doing Scottish?
Blood Bowl-the game of Fantasy Fitba.
:)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Translators

Post by Methusalah »

I have a friend who translates english into German for companies on the web, I'm sure he'd help with a BB translation if I asked him.

You're only as old as you feel