Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Community Discussion » Digital Resources

Post subject: OBBLM can't save a game report
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I'm admin for our league. Two of my coaches screwed up entering their match report. It was a mess. On their game report form, I manually changed the mistakes to 0 and hit the save button. I thought this should of worked. But none of the changes took. all of the original mistakes were still there. so I hit the reset at the top of the page. Everything on the game report was now cleared out like I wanted. The report says the game hasn't been played yet and looks like a new, clean form. However now, when I enter the data correctly and hit save, it is not saving. The zeros persist.

Does anyone have any idea why the game report isn't saving and how can I correct it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post subject: Re: OBBLM can't save a game report
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Can you post a link to your OBBLM page and which match your having issues with? Saving a match should trigger a recalculation of the teams affected. Which particular statistics are incorrect?
In the first instance, I'd try running SyncAll() from the Core Admin Panel and see if that resolves the issue. If not, edit and re-save the match after the sync.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:35 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for not mentioning, I did run syncall from the core panel. No effect. I did try it again based on your suggestion. Still won't save data for me.

As requested the page is here:

http://abbl.obblm.com/index.php?section=matches&type=report&mid=140

Originally, the guys messed up their injuries. They marked down the bh, si, ki, for players on the receiving end of the hit. Needless to say, the Goblins had a ton of spp they shouldn't have :). Hitting the reset cleared everything to 0 and removed the errors. But now I can't fix it for them.

Thanks again for the help.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Can you try manually scheduling a new match for them in the same Tournament and round, see if you can record the results in there? If that works, you should be able to safely remove the original.
Not sure why this would happen, best guess is the UPDATE to the database is failing for the existing match for some reason. A brand new match might avoid the issue.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Well... it seems my problems aren't limited to just one game. It seems all my updates are failing.

I tried to schedule another game like you suggested. The tournament is a round robin tournament and would not let me schedule a one off game. Unless the game schedule is related to my problem.

We had one coach drop out of our league. So we have been forfeiting his games. I went to his next game (which happened to be against me) and tried to record the game as a 1-0 win for me. And that didn't work either.

It seems that none of my games are saving. At least the two I tested didn't.

Any suggestions... I'm running out of ideas.

I'm going to try to make a new coach, give them admin privileges and see if that works. That will tell me if the problem is my account or if it is all accounts.

edit... well new admin account didn't work either. It is looking more and more like I have lost the ability to record games to my database.

I'm going to need the help of someone that really knows how the code works.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:22 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Ok, this is sounding less like an OBBLM issue and more like a hosting/database issue. You're hosted via Mercury? Do you have access to the webserver and database?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 pm 
Da Tulip Champ II

Is it just you or has everyone in the league the problems to save the match report.

If it's just you, try:
- using a different browser
- using a different computer

If it's everyone in the league:
- if it worked before, check with your hoster if any changes have been applied to your server lately (PHP version, DB version, etc.)
- if it is your server, you can turn on PHP error reporting to see what goes wrong: http://php.net/manual/de/function.error-reporting.php

I once had a similar issue when my hosting provider installed a security package on the webserver that prevented forms with more than 100 fields being posted.

Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:28 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Vanguard wrote:
Ok, this is sounding less like an OBBLM issue and more like a hosting/database issue. You're hosted via Mercury? Do you have access to the webserver and database?

Yes and Yes.

Mercury hosted and I am the admin. I can log in to the webserver and database. Although I'm primarily an industrial controls programmer and not a web guy.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:29 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Tim wrote:
Is it just you or has everyone in the league the problems to save the match report.

If it's just you, try:
- using a different browser
- using a different computer

If it's everyone in the league:
- if it worked before, check with your hoster if any changes have been applied to your server lately (PHP version, DB version, etc.)
- if it is your server, you can turn on PHP error reporting to see what goes wrong: http://php.net/manual/de/function.error-reporting.php

I once had a similar issue when my hosting provider installed a security package on the webserver that prevented forms with more than 100 fields being posted.

I will call some guys tonight and have them try to edit the game.

I have tried different computers different accounts and chrome, firefox and edge.

I will send an email to Mercury and see if anything has changed.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them coming. I need to get this fixed asap.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 am 
Da Tulip Champ II

Found a solution?

Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup

Board index » Community Discussion » Digital Resources