GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines, 17th February 2024, Shropshire

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines, 17th February 2024, Shropshire

Post by theBymster »

GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines
A one day, three match, doubles (teams of TWO) event

Venue:
Orleton Village Hall,
Millbrook way,
Nr. Ludlow,
Shropshire.
SY8 4HW

Date:
Saturday February 17th 09:30 – 18:30

Cost:
£30 PER COACH: F&F please, to bymstarprod@gmail.com

NAF Sanctioned:
Applied for.... AND GIVEN!!!!

NAF Registration on the day:
NAF Sign Ups and Renewals can be done on the day, in person. please arrange this through the TO in advance: gnashbbl@gmail.com

What to bring:

Painted Team, with clearly identifiable positionals and numbered players, synched with your roster sheets (enough copies for you and your opponents to refer to during the day) Printed on paper is acceptable but on screen works just as well.
All the dice you need plus some more to sacrifice to Nuffle or gift to your opponents and TO 😉
A working pen or pencil to record your failures and successes for you and The TO.
A Chess Clock or phone with such an App downloaded onto it.

Tournament:
Teams of two coaches (groups) compete in this doubles event.
This is a one Day, three match Bloobowl event using “Team Resurrection” and Swiss Style special rules. IE, No SPP, injuries or broken Egos will be carried from any match to the next. First round opponents will be drawn by Nuffle (randomly,) subsequent rounds according to performance.
This event is open to all ages and abilities of Coach, NAF members and Non Members alike.
This is a doubles event: teams of two “Team Mates” will be competing for the very special trophy. Teams can register as a Devoted Pair or individual coaches as a Lonely Heart. Devoted Pairs will be entered as a consenting team. Lonely Hearts will be fixed up with a Team Mate, arranged by the match maker, TO, before Round 1.

The Tournament will use the rules from “Blood Bowl Season Two” plus all FAQ, Errata and “Spike!” Updates up to the date of roster submission. Inducements from Death Zone are not permitted unless otherwise stated.

Points and Tie-breakers:
Win – 10 Points
Draw – 5 Points
Loss – 1 Point
3 TD’s – 2 Points
4 Cas – 2 points

The First Tie-Breaker will be Strength of Schedule, followed by TD’s (total,) TD’s (net,) TD’s + Cas (net) finally the GNASHBBL decider.

Awards:
Best Team – Most devoted
Best Looser Team - Second Fiddle
Best Individual performance – All By My-se-e-elf
Most Casualties – Heart Breaker
Most TD’s – Most Notched Bed Post
Highest Stunty – Big Bang from a Little Package
Wooden Spoon – Anyone Can Have Me
Best Painted Team – Beauty Queen

Spot prizes will be announced on the day.

Prizes are sponsored by:
Black Orc Down
Pogo Stick Productions
BymStar Productions
GNASHBBL

Special Character:
Eros (and his mirror image, Soré) is in the House, spreading love wherever he skips. He will play for your team for one full half of each match. Depending on the flip of a coin Eros will be an additional player (possibly a 17th player) available to your team for either the first or second half of the match. Before each match both opponents flip their Eros Counter in front of their opponent. If it lands Hearts Up, Eros is playing for that coach for the first half, if not Eros is playing for them for the second half. This may mean that Eros and his mirror image, Soré, are both on the pitch at the same time. Which is which? An unpainted model will be provided for Eros, however if you want to interpret this character in your own way, by bringing your own model, please do.

Eros / Soré
MA ST AG PA AV
7 3 2+ 2+ 8+

Skills: Accurate, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Leap, Loner 5+, Really Stupid.

Death Will Not Part Us:
The bond of love between coaches may prove stronger than even Death. If a player dies on the pitch (becomes a “DEAD, Dead” Casualty, who does not resurrect, for those with the Resurrection Trait,) immediately the coach suffering that Casualty flips their Eros Counter. If it lands “Hearts Up” that player is removed from the Casualty Tent and placed immediately into their Team Mate’s Reserve Bench, where they are available until the end of the match.
The Casualty still counts for the purposes of scoring.
Eros / Soré as the spreader of love, may not transfer teams in this way. When Love Dies it is a bitter blow.

NB: “DEAD, Dead” is the roll of 15 or 16 on the D16 casualty dice.

Team Building.
Coaches have 1.2m gp to build their rostered team. Doubles teams may not have the same race as each other, unless they have been matched by The Matchmaker (TO) on the day. Teams must have a minimum of 11 players, maximum of 16 (excluding Eros.) Once a Tier 1, 2 or 3 team has 11 players they may then employ a single Star Player, not a Mega Star. Tier 4 teams may employ up to 2 Star Players, no Mega Stars, once they have 11 players on their roster. (See Team Tiers below.)

Skill Upgrades
Each Tier will have this many SPP to distribute amongst their players before the tournament:
Tier 1 30
Tier 2 36
Tier 3 42
Tier 4 48

Star Players May not receive extra Skills. No Random skills may be taken. No more than four instances of the same skill may be taken. Skills may be stacked on players, but their cost will be as on p71 of The Official Rule Book.

Tiers.

Tier 1
Orc, Dwarf, Amazons, Skaven, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, Norse, Human, Undead, Underworld, Necromantic Horrors.

Tier 2
Chaos Dwarf, Elven Union, High Elf, Black Orc, Vampire, Tomb Kings, Lizardmen, Imperial Nobility.

Tier 3
OWA, Slaan, Nurgle, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Khorne

Tier 4
Haflings, Goblins, Ogres, Snottlings, Undergobs (Underworld Goblins + Big guy) Skinks (Lizardmen Skinks + Kroxigor)

Inducements.
The following Stars are considered Mega Stars and are not permitted:
Bomber Dribblesnot, Cindy Piewhistle, Deeproot Strongbranch, Griff Oberwald, Hakflem Skuttlespike, Kreek Rustgouger, Morg ‘n’ Thorg.

All other non mega star Star players are available according to the restrictions of tier allocation.

All Coaches may also buy:

0-2 Kegs
0-3 Bribes
0-2 Wandering Appos
0-1 Mortuary Assistant
0-1 Plague Doctor
0-1 Riotous Rookies
0-1 Biased Ref
0-1 Weather Mage or Wizard from Death Zone
0-1 Master Chef

Tier 4 Coaches may buy:
0-1 Fabulous Freebooter Mercenary, Bonafide Big Guy rom Death Zone. (No 2+ Might Blow, 2+ Dirty Player, with no Character Reductions)

Roster Submission

Please submit your rosters by midnight 4th February to
gnashbbl@gmail.com
Please include your NAF Name and number, your Doubles-team name and your Partner's NAF Name and Number

Shedule:

Regestration: 9:00 – 9.25

Welcome &
Housekeeping 9:25

Round 1 9:30 – 12:00

Best Painted &
Lunch 12:00 – 12:45

Round 2 12:45 – 3:15

Round 3 3:30 – 6:00

Awards 6:15 – 6:30

There is Plenty of time for each round, time remaining will be announced throughout each round by the TO / Assistant TOs. If you feel you are not going to be able to finish your round let the TO know and you may be asked to utilise a Chess Clock style timer where each Coach’s turn ends immediately when the buzzer goes.

Goody Bag
All attending Coaches will be presented with an Eros Model and a Heart Flipping Coin.
There will be some stuff for you to take home, as well as good memories, but obviously the latter is the most important. If you are creating bad memories for anyone else at the event the TO reserves the right to send you away. Let’s all be goodies!!

Food.
Mr. T’s Pies will be providing a gourmet lunch, which is included in your ticket price. This food will leave your taste buds lit up, it is made by a local legend who has spent his career working in award winning kitchens of The Welsh Marches.
Please let me know if you have any food allergens or dietary requirements before midnight 4th February.

Mr. T's Pies >>>> https://www.facebook.com/mrtpies
Will be serving up:
Potato Dauphinoise, Pie, Peas and gravy.
I fear we may just all fall asleep in the afternoon!

If you would like to bring any additional food or drink you are welcome to. The venue has a corking licence and you are able to drink your own alcohol on site if you wish.
The village shop in Orleton is open until 1:00 possibly. There is a Church and a couple of pubs. That’s it. They may or may not be open on the day. Please ensure you have everything you may need for the day with you when you arrive. The chance of getting a Deliveroo Is less than remote.

Coaches Attending:
(Paid for in Bold)

1, QueenOfSpawns 2, YoullNeverBlockAlone
3, Padster 4, 3BlindDice
5, FragRock 6, Howler
7, Beard 8, Jay
9, BoldFox 10, Gobz
11, ElSpoonio 12, DocMiniature
13, Brock Dodge 14, Lord Cheltenham.
15, Elplanet4 16, Icey--Bee
17, Owletta 18, kid_cantcomplain
19, Obsydyan 20, UnwarySi
21, 22,
23, 24,
25, 26,
27, 28,
29, 30,
31, Raban 32, TheJinxta

Confirmed Teams:
1, Planet Bee
2, Tier3 on the Street, Tier3 in the sheets.
3, Foxy and the Hound
4, Kinky And The Brain
5, Brock And Crumbleberry
6, The Two Sighs
7, 2 Chaotic
8, Bone Fromage
9, Block n Roll
10,Team Nuffle

REserveList

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: GNASHBBL Presents: My Bloodbowl Valentines, 17th February 2024, Shropshire

Post by lunchmoney »

Moved from Upcoming Europe to UK

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
FragRock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FragRock »

Yes please bossman

Queenofspawns
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Queenofspawns »

You've got my name down already Bymster! How can I say no when you know me so well? 😉

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

lunchmoney wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:08 pm Moved from Upcoming Europe to UK
Woops! Thank you!

Howller
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Howller »

Hey,
Can you add me onto the list please.

Howller (Mal)

Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

can you bob me and Jay on the list please? will sort payment in next day or so

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Abso-kin-lutely, guys !!! what a pleasure and an honour!

Bubblefuzz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bubblefuzz »

You can stick Catastrophy on the list Bym :)

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Howller wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:32 pm Hey,
Can you add me onto the list please.

Howller (Mal)
Sure thing, Howller! Are you looking for a doubles team mate or will you be enticing some one to join you? if you have a doubles team I need your doubles team name please....

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Beard wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:51 pm can you bob me and Jay on the list please? will sort payment in next day or so
Also: Are you joining us as "Tier 3 in a bed" or do you have a more valentines doubles team name to submit?

I need the doubles-team name from everyone please.

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

FragRock wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:11 pm Yes please bossman
Dude, good to have you on board! are you part of a doubles team or looking for a matchmaker to pair you up?

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

Howdee, Coaches of The Shire, and beyond!

After an agonising hiatus in the organisational steam liner that is prepping everything for this sumptuous event, all the chicks are hatching at once - to mix as many metaphors as I can!

The Hall is booked and paid for. we are in the "Small Hall" if we break 24 coaches we'll head into the spacious "Big Hall"

Mr T's Pies are fully on board and will be sorting us out a pie, potato dauphinoise, peas, and gravy. we are all just gonna fall asleep in the afternoon!

Black Orc Down is working up a trophy for the winning Doubles team.

Bubblefuzz is getting a logo together for Pogostick to put on The Coin.

And QueenOfSpawns and I are gluing together and spraying minis.

And NAF are actually on the verge of Sanctioning the event!!!!

Please please hit me up with any dietary requirements you have. give me your double teams names, obviously submit your roster (I will give a special prize to the first Doubles team to successfully submit legal and approved rosters) and cough up the cash!

I am SO looking forward to welcoming you all....

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

“ We Are not offering the usual swill you find at other events”

No need to throw shade at other events. Some events have pretty decent food.

Barnacles
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Barnacles »

I wouldn't read anything into that turn of phrase, it's not intended to mean anything other than Mr T's Pies are rather good.

The Omega
WHERE WA GOIN' NOW!