Titanic Cup - Belfast 21st&22nd October

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Titanic Cup - Belfast 21st&22nd October

Post by agingergoblin »

Belfast Harlequins, 45a Deramore Park, Belfast BT9 5JX

Roll up, roll up for the 2023 Blood Bowl Ulster Regional tournament!

This will be a two-day tournament with a current soft limit of 48 coaches, which would make it the largest on the island or Ireland to date.

There will be six games, loads of prizes, many awards, some trophies, and Norn Iron themed kick off and weather tables.

DAY -1
Registration. 8:30 – 9:15
Game 1. 9:30 – 12:00
Lunch. 12:00 - 12:45
Game 2. 12:45 – 15:15
Lunch. 15:15 – 15:30
Game 3. 15:30 – 18:00

DAY-2
Game 4. 9:15 – 11:30
Lunch 11:30 – 12:30
Game 5. 12:30 – 14:45
Lunch. 14:45 – 15:00
Game 6. 15:00 – 17:15
Prizes and Awards – 17:30

Scoring:
Win: 10 points
Draw: 5 Points
Loss: 1 Point
Bonus points
3 Cas caused: 1 point
1TD scored: 1 point
3 TD scored: 1 point
Clean sheet: 1 point

Prizes:
1st, 2nd, 3rd
Most Touchdowns
Most Brutal (cas)
Best Defence
Dirtiest Player (most logged fouls)
Best Painted
Fan Favourite (Sportsman award)

Team building:
Coaches will have a budget of 1,150,000gp with which to build their team. On top of this, coaches will receive Skill Points (SP) with which to upgrade their teams. The quantity of SP will be outlined below in accordance with the tiering system. 1SP will buy a primary skill. 2SP will buy a secondary or a stacked primary. There is no limit to the number of primaries that may be stacked on a single player other than the potentially excessive cost. For example, a tier 1 coach may decide they want to put four skills on a single player. This will cost 1 SP for the first and then 2SP each for the remaining three. No other players will get skills because they have all been spent on one player.

In addition to this, a team may hire up to two STAR PLAYERS, (depending on their tier) for their normal hiring fee, along with a base cost of 3SP. Some stars have been proven to dominate the game a little more than others so come with additional SP costs. These are outlined in the tiering and may vary according to how powerful they can be to certain tiers.

Tiers:

Tier 1 – Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Human, Lizardmen, Orc, Shambling Undead, Wood Elf
7SP: 7 Primaries only, 1 star
Bomber, Cindy, Kreek + 1SP, Hakflem, Deeproot, Griff, Morg, +3SP

Tier 2 – Elven Union, High Elf, Necromantic Horrors, Norse, Skaven, Slann, Underworld Denizens
8SP: 8 Primaries, 1 Secondary, 1 star

Tier 3 – Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Nurgle, Tomb Kings,
9SP: 9 Primaries, 2 Secondaries, 1 Stars

Tier 4 – Chaos Renegades, Old World Alliance, Vampires
10SP: 10 Primaries, 2 Secondaries, 1 Star

Tier 5 – Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling
12SP: 12 Primaries, 3 Secondaries, 2 Stars
Hakflem, Griff, Morg, +3SP

Inducements:
Bribes 0-3, halfling master chef 0-1, mortuary assistant 0-1, biased ref (generic) 0-1 , riotous rookies 0-1, bloodweiser kegs 0-2, Plague doctor

Kick-Off Table
2: Gambling debts! It seems the ref’s gambling debts have caught up with them and they’ve decided to get out of town sharpish. For the remainder of the game, all argue the call rolls receive an additional +1 to show the new ref’s unwillingness to draw attention to themselves. Note: this is cumulative to any current benefits, including previous instances of this kick-off event.
3: Time out
4: Perfect Defence
5: Yer Ma’s yer Da! It looks like that player is whispering something to their opponent and it doesn't look well received!
The kicking coach must select one player who is standing on the line of scrimmage and one from the opposing team who is being marked by that player. Roll a d6.
1. You'll pay for that! - Your opponent really takes offence to what you've said and lamps you one before the whistle. Your player is immediately placed prone and your opponent performs a foul action. All rules for fouls apply.
2. Well your Da sells Avon! - The opposing player comes up with a whitty retort, leaving your player unsure what to do next. Your player loses their activation and is treated as if they have failed a Really Stupid roll. They will automatically recover at the beginning of their next activation.
3. Whatever mate! - It seems the opponent either didn't hear or doesn't care. Nothing happens.
4. Yeah… well... shut up! - Witty comebacks don't seem to be this guy's thing and it seems to be playing on his mind. For the remainder of the drive, your opponent gains the Bone Head trait as they are distracted by what's been said. If they already had Bone Head, they gain Really Stupid.
5. You take that back! - Your insult seems to have hit a nerve and made them cry. You like it! For the rest of the drive, your player gains the Pro skill. If they already have Pro, they gain Dauntless.
6. Mum?! - The opposing player seems to have some unanswered questions and immediately runs in to the dugout for answers. They take no further part in this drive, and may not be replaced, but may return for future drives.
6: Rowdy Fans: The crowd are even lairier than usual this game and have even started throwing ad hoc missiles at the players. Both coaches roll 2D6 and adds cheerleaders. The coach that rolls highest may randomly select an opposing player set up in the wide zones and roll for armour as if they had been stabbed. If this is failed, nothing happens. If successful, they are placed prone. Roll for injury as normal.
7: Brilliant Coaching
8: If you don’t like it, wait 5 minutes! Apply the same effect as Changing weather
9: Quick Snap
10: Blitz
11: I’ve had about enough of your lip! It looks like one of the players has become a bit vocal about the ref’s decisions and the ref has decided to give them a kicking. Both players roll 1D6 and add their fan factor. The losing player must randomly select one player to be placed stunned to represent the beating the ref gave him. Roll another D6, on a 2-6 nothing further happens. On a 1, the ref has given it a little too much and hobbled them. Reduce their MA by 1 (to a minimum of 2).
12: Buckfast?: A player has smuggled a bottle of something on to the pitch as a pre-drive pick me up. Both players roll a d6. The winner must select one player to drink. In the case of a draw, both layers choose.
Roll 1d6 for the effects:
1. THAT DIDN’T GO DOWN WELL! – It seems the drink has really disagreed agreed with that player and has come straight up. This player must immediately perform a projectile vomit action on a randomly selected adjacent player. If no one is adjacent, they vomit on themselves.
2. BEEZER - The player is all revved up looking for a fight. They gain Dauntless for the drive. (If they already have Dauntless, the gain mighty blow)
3. AT’S US NAI! – The player is imbued with boundless energy, making them feel like they can run forever, If a little unsteadily. For the remainder of the drive they gain Sprint, sure feet, and drunkard. (If they already have Drunkard, add a further -1 to rush attempts)
4. Oh, YEAH! – The player feels amazing! Like they can crush rocks in their hands. But also with that comes a little bit of arrogance. For the remainder of the drive the player gains +1 strength and Loner (3+)
5. WOAH! I CAN DODGE ARROWS! This player seems to have tapped into some kind of drunken precognition. For the remainder of the drive they gain Dodge. (If they already have Dodge, they gain Sidestep. If they have both, pro)
6. SCUNDERED! - It looks like this player accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle as they were heading out and has downed a fireball potion. Immediately perform an inaccurate fireball action. (Nominate a centre square, & scatter three places. All players beneath the 9 squares roll a d6. 4+ hit and knocked down. Armour and injury)

Tickets are £30 each.
To register send £30 to paypal.me/cycleoflifeni via friends and family. Please include your NAF name and number

Paid:
1. Conor Holmes - Cattibrie - 32350
2. Michael Brough - Azurious - 32354
3. Robby Wright - rwrightni - 34268
4. Brett Jones - JonesyJones - 29420
5. Bryan O'Neile- Reroll - 19316
6. Ronnie McKee - Padster - 26810
7. Gary McDowell - Dakyrus - 25478
8. Kevin Murtagh - murtaghk - 31746
9. Shane Crowley - crowdog09 - 25747
10. Jenny Carson - Salandra - 28198
11. Carolynne McGorman - Lithium - 25029
12. Andy McGorman - Kaiowas - 8959
13. Joe Donaghy - blazingmonkey - 31421
14. Paddy Magee - kal_jerico - 33794
15. Phil Nicholl - vikingphil - 31317
16. Luke Featherstone - lukefeather - 31262
17. Stuart Ledgerwood - stuart_L85 - 34491
18. Eamon Patton - eambotoo - 29252
19. James Scott - Trondier - 35687
20. Chris Caves - Archon11 - 25479
21. Ian Hunter - Kalmaleth - 29393
22. Ryan Fletcher - Gothump - 34367
23. Dave Chambers - spellingmistax - 34457
24. Matt - Bozzybozboz - 43489
25. Oisin - Slampiggo - 34701
26. Andrew Macdonald - HimOverThere
27. Aidan Walsh - Unforgiven - unpaid
28. Sharon Surgenor
29. Stephen Surgenor
30. Adam Robinson - Ryliakolnami - 34728
31. Sean Murray - Grumblydwarf - 30520
32. Caolán - caolang - 29656
33. Tom Bailey - Thoshi - 36236
34. Ger Norton - Marikus - 11565
35. Daniel McDowell - Leciadan -
36. Aidan Condron - Rags - 28377
37. David Dawnay - Danton - 22046
38. Nicholas Dawnay - Pybot - 34525
39. Andrew Johnston - AJ86 - 19297
40. Mick Thompson - Rammyhoss - 36277
41. Matthew Doherty - Zoginnob01 - 28504
42. Michael Curry - Lizardsauce - 36278
43. Phil Scott - that_there_phil - 25258
44. David Robinson - warlockpurple - 34800
45. James McKelvy - Kelv - 35958
46. Mark Brooks - Mordranian - 34436

Reason: ''
Padster
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Titanic Cup - Belfast 21st&22nd October

Post by Padster »

Looking forward to this one 😀

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

We now have 18 paid and confirmed coaches for this! I know, pretty sweet, huh? You what else is pretty sweet? The prizes I have lined up so far. We have four whole teams and a bunch of star players coming from Sheprints3D, a big old bundle of bits from Docminiatures and enough sets of fancy weather token standees from Art Of War Studios for spot prizes each game.
What's that? You want more? Well, dice are currently in the design stage but will be supplied to all attendees, along with a hot meal each day. All included in your registration fee of just £30.

If you've ot heard about this yet or have but we're holding off to see what happens, now is a good time to get on board the Titanic Cup train as it'll mean even more prizes and surprises.
Just send me £30 via PayPal to PayPal.me/cycleoflifeni via friends and family. Please include your NAF name and number in the comments.
Peace ✌️

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

That's us up to 19 spots filled!

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

**ANNOUNCEMENT**
We are just over five weeks from the tournament with 23/48 confirmed participants. These are good numbers for now and we've some cracking prizes lined up so far. However, for more, better prizes to be available, we definitely need everyone thinking about coming to make a solid decision.
To shimmy everyone along, I'm sourcing a bunch of early sign up gifts. These will be given to everyone signed up by midnight September 30th.

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

Woo! Make that 34/48 🤩

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

38/48 spaces filled. We're now the biggest tournament on the island of Ireland.

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

We're now at 44/48. Incredible stuff! Also, Charlie Victor are on boars for prize support. Woop!

agingergoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by agingergoblin »

We've less than two weeks until we kick off on the 21st and we're at 46/48 coaches signed up. It's incredible we've reached that number but I think we can sell out. If you've been on the fence, nownis a good time to get involved.

£30 via f&f to paypal.me/cycleoflifeni adding your NAF name and number to the comments.

One quick note on team building, i will be using tourplay to run the tournament. Here is the link tourplay.net https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/titanic-cup

Some have noticed an issue with skill point costing when stacking skills. It charges too much and I can't change this. In these instances, please just build as per the rules, then let me know what you're trying to do so I can validate it.

Regarding validation, I'll be checking rosters from the 15th but won't be validating them until the evening of the 20th. Basically, if you know what you're taking and are happy, drop me a message and I'll validate early to make my job a litrle easier. If not, no bother, I'll get it done over a glass of wine on the 20th.

One final point, if you have any specific dietary requirements, please let me know by next Sunday, 15th October.

That's all for now.

Padster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Padster »

Absolutely great weekend playing here, then watching the rugby in the pub Saturday night

The only issue I have is that it went so quickly. Thanks Thom for running this and thanks to all of you I swopped sob stories with all weekend 🤣

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Who won?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

lunchmoney wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:18 pmWho won?
That_there_phil