The Coventry GT: Blood Bowl. 11/12th November 2023.

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: The Coventry GT: Blood Bowl. 11/12th November 2023.

Post by lunchmoney »

And no NAF details. Explains why there's no info on the NAF page.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

5 players, 4 rounds, over 2 days, what a curious tournament

Dodge22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dodge22 »

And three of them play in the same league.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I think it's a positive thing that Pauluktc is trying and that the community / NAF reps are helping, as per the above. Appreciate that it's not an overwhelming success so far, but they could / should keep at it!

I can only speak for myself, but I've not had the best experiences in large, multi-system environments where Blood Bowl is the runt of the litter. Tickets for these are £40, I'm picturing crap hot dog lunches for £10, no reasonably priced hotel rooms anywhere near the venue, BB off in a corner somewhere but you're still deafened as 200 40 k nerds do whatever it is they do, BB ignored by the organisation team because they're not part of whatever the super-major scoring system is and we use NAF rankings, too big / too small tables because of tape measures... etc. Now, that might all be nonsense and these events are nothing like that, but I'm just explaining why I've not thought about coming yet to see if my perception can be helpful.

Paul - do you think a bit of a marketing drive would be useful? I reckon a second weekend in January tournament in Nottingham could be a really successful thing. Kick the year off right, central location, lots of local nerds and a sniff of Bugmans. Sounds great.

So why should I come? What do I get for my £40 - why are my above concerns a nonsense? What's special about this, for the non-Warhammer nerd? I wonder if you targeted just one or two of the dates in the calendar and made them 'special' somehow above being in a big, full room that costs a lot of money, you might get the show on the road over time?

Just rambling rubbish in a lunch break, disregard if silly. :)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

+1 to everything said by Mr Purplegoo 👍

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Danny »

Purplegoo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:19 pm I think it's a positive thing that Pauluktc is trying and that the community / NAF reps are helping, as per the above. Appreciate that it's not an overwhelming success so far, but they could / should keep at it!

I can only speak for myself, but I've not had the best experiences in large, multi-system environments where Blood Bowl is the runt of the litter. Tickets for these are £40, I'm picturing crap hot dog lunches for £10, no reasonably priced hotel rooms anywhere near the venue, BB off in a corner somewhere but you're still deafened as 200 40 k nerds do whatever it is they do, BB ignored by the organisation team because they're not part of whatever the super-major scoring system is and we use NAF rankings, too big / too small tables because of tape measures... etc. Now, that might all be nonsense and these events are nothing like that, but I'm just explaining why I've not thought about coming yet to see if my perception can be helpful.

Paul - do you think a bit of a marketing drive would be useful? I reckon a second weekend in January tournament in Nottingham could be a really successful thing. Kick the year off right, central location, lots of local nerds and a sniff of Bugmans. Sounds great.

So why should I come? What do I get for my £40 - why are my above concerns a nonsense? What's special about this, for the non-Warhammer nerd? I wonder if you targeted just one or two of the dates in the calendar and made them 'special' somehow above being in a big, full room that costs a lot of money, you might get the show on the road over time?

Just rambling rubbish in a lunch break, disregard if silly. :)
I don’t think Paul ran the Coventry one. Guessing he’s stepped back. These events are ran for profit so are unlikely to be good value, especially compared to the majority of independent tournaments.

Dodge22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dodge22 »

I notice you have this down as a non-NAF winner. It was won by TalonBay.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Dodge22 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:29 pm I notice you have this down as a non-NAF winner. It was won by TalonBay.

I assume by "you", you mean me and the Hall of Fame.
I had it as non NAF as there is no NAF name on the Tourplay and I don't know who people are when using real names.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Dodge22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dodge22 »

Sorry yes, Hall of Fame. For reference on TourPlay if you click on participants you can find NAF names for those that have them registered.

https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/the- ... wl/players

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Learning everyday👍

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com