Suffolk Subterranean Showcase 28/10/23 PeteW Wins

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Suffolk Subterranean Showcase 28/10/23 PeteW Wins

Post by Onyersix »

The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and Blood Bowl is heading underground in the Suffolk Subterranean Showcase. This is the inaugural tournament, ahead of the Ipswich entry for the South East Tournament series for 2024.

We have NAF approval for this event which will be using the Subterranean weather table as seen on page 78 of the Death Zone book. Taking the game underground has some interesting possibilities, and we hope you will join us for this pre-Halloween weekend event.

The venue: St Augustine’s Community Hub, Bucklesham Road, Ipswich, IP3 8TH. The venue has free parking, and is across the road from the church.

Number of attendees: The tournament will be restricted to 24 players. Should an odd number of attendees sign up the organisers will enter a team to ensure everyone plays all rounds.

The ticket price is £15.00. As we will be paying for the hiring of the venue in advance, refunds can only be offered to cancellations made more than 2 weeks prior to the event. The ticket price will also include tea and coffee throughout the day. Payment for tickets can be sent via paypal to justinsmithhockey@gmail.com confirming your NAF name and number.

Any new team, Spike or Errata released before 16th October 2023 will be valid. All BB2020 teams and Teams of Legend will be eligible.
This will be a resurrection tournament. Players will disregard any casualties suffered at the end of a match, and will start each round with their declared roster. Further to this, any players raised during a match (such as via the Masters of Undeath rule or Plague Ridden skill) are lost at the end of the match.

Schedule: Players will have 2 hours 15 minutes per game. Please try to be conscious of the time as you play, the organisers will give you time updates as we go through each round and may request you use a clock if you are falling behind.
Registration and first round draw: 10:15 - 10:45
Game 1: 10:45 - 13:00
Lunch 13:00 - 13:30 (There is a Subway, KFC and a newsagent across the road, and a Sainsbury’s supermarket 5 minutes away)
Game 2: 13:30 - 15:45
Game 3: 16:00 - 18:15
Results: 18:30 - 18:45
Players are required to bring a painted team with clearly identifiable positional pieces. With the increasing number of non-GW teams available, we are happy for you to bring your Cutiemals, Pi-Rats, or whatever team you have invested in, but your opponent must be able to tell your figures apart.
We will have a number of pitches available from our own supplies, but would encourage anyone who can bring a pitch to do so.
A copy of your roster should be brought to share with your opponent prior to each game. You may know all the 20+ teams available, but your opponent may not.

Dice : Due to the confusing variations of third-party dice available, we will be restricting block dice to GW official dice. If you do not possess a set of GW dice you may loan a set from the organisers for the event at no additional charge. Further to this, any images or writing on a D6 die must only be on the 6 side.

Rules : This will be a Swiss style resurrection tournament, following the latest NAF rules.
All NAF teams are allowed. Players will be given a treasury of 1,150,000 gold pieces to build their team, staff, and rerolls. All teams will start with 0 dedicated fans.

Tier 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens and Wood Elves

Tier 2: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegades, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Orc, Tomb Kings, Vampire

Tier 3: Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling

Each tier will have a budget with which to purchase skills.
Budget per tier is as follows:
Tier 1 may purchase 5 primary skills.
Tier 2 may purchase 6 primary skills, or 5 primary and 1 secondary skill.
Tier 3 may purchase 8 skills, or which up to 2 may be secondary skills

Skill stacking is allowed, however each skill is limited to 2 purchases per team. (E.g. Dwarf teams can purchase Block on 2 Runners, in addition to the Block skill already provided to their Linemen.)
Star players may be signed, however we will be using the Highlander rule. If you are matched with a team who has also signed the same Star player, they take the money from both teams and will not play for either. In addition, Star players may not be given any additional skills, and any team signing a Star Player will have their skill budget reduced by 2 primary skills, and any team signing a MegaStar will have their skill budget reduced by 4 primary skills.

Due to the poor lighting, the ref may be distracted by each coach once per game to allow a free foul action to be performed with no risk of being sent off. This must be declared by the coach before the foul attempt.

You may take any inducements from page 89 of the rulebook with the following exceptions:
No special play cards
No Wizard / weather mages
No Mercenaries

Scoring will be 30 points for a win, 15 for a draw, and 0 for a loss, with 1 bonus point per casualty / touchdown to a maximum of 3 (of each). Any casualties caused by you (to your opponent’s team) will count. This includes fouls, crowd surfs and bombs, but does not include failed dodges or rushes.

There will be prizes for the following:
Overall winner
Most Touchdowns
Most Casualties
Best placed Stunty (Stunty Cup)
Wooden Spoon
We would like to share prizes as widely as possible, so in the event that the most casualties, most touchdowns, and / or best placed Stunty are also the overall winner, these prizes will be awarded to the next highest place competitor.

Reason: ''
Vacant
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Suffolk Subterranean Showcase 28/10/23

Post by Vacant »

Sounds interesting, please put me down to attend.

NAF Name: Vacant
NAF No: 33243

Looking forward to it 👍

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Thanks for being the first.
You've also reminded me to put up an entry list, so I'd best do that.

Names in bold have paid.

1. Vacant
2. Howlinggriffon
3. Dankin
4. quaecunque
5. Magic Dave
6. TheBeardedHound
7. Sakluce
8. stewbacca
9. AdsTheFiend
10. Hoggul
11. TheGhostofCarrrieFisher
12. BeardedLucha
13. Legion_uk
14. TommyB
15. MisterBrock
16. fiskey7
17. Mevans
18. Wabe2009
19. DaveC
20. Tomatosplat
21. G_Clark
22. Besters
23. Hellbentginger
24. MrFrodo
25. PeteW
26. Non-NAF

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Absolutely interested in this. Howlinggriffon #3709

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Onyersix wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:05 pm Dice : Due to the confusing variations of third-party dice available, we will be restricting block dice to GW official dice
Does this include NAF dice (as NAF block dice are the same design as previous GW edition white block dice)?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:02 pm
Onyersix wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:05 pm Dice : Due to the confusing variations of third-party dice available, we will be restricting block dice to GW official dice
Does this include NAF dice (as NAF block dice are the same design as previous GW edition white block dice)?
Good question. They are easily identifiable, so I wouldn't have a problem with this. The main issue is the amount of dice I have seen recently where people have needed to provide a card showing what the symbols represent.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I totally get that. I've seen some truely horrible dice over the years.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
quaecunque
Rookie
Rookie

Post by quaecunque »

Interesting weather table that, sign me up. I will send over some pennies shortly.

quaecunque #31698

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Count me in please

DovarioSCOTIA
Rookie
Rookie