Alpha Games Winter Bowl 2023 Pairs Tournament 14/1/23 - Nippylongskar/Besters win pairs - Nippylongskar wins individual

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Alpha Games Winter Bowl 2023 Pairs Tournament - 14 Jan 23 - Stanton, Suffolk

Post by howlinggriffon »

I renewed online in June - was very quick to do but the 2022 gift isn't available on the NAF site for selection yet. Should still get the gift at some point though.

Reason: ''
MisterBrock
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Alpha Games Winter Bowl 2023 Pairs Tournament - 14 Jan 23 - Stanton, Suffolk

Post by MisterBrock »

Ah no worries, will sort tickets Wednesday when I get paid. Thanks

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

I've been in touch with NAF reps, and will be going to a tournament in Swindon where I'll be picking up my renewal gifts.
I'm allowed to pick up gifts for others based this way who have renewed online. If anyone is interested they can DM me so we can arrange details.

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Got 2 more tickets for MisterBrock and if "Not yet Naf" buddy, let's call him Lloyd.

Also, another "Not yet Naf" got a ticket today and will be my pair. Let's call him Phil for now.

MisterBrock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MisterBrock »

Hi there, just a quick one for clarification. My friend was querying this:

"Each coach within pairs must take a different team race (e.g. you can’t have 2 Undead teams in the same pair)."

Does this mean you can't take 2 undead themed teams in a pair, e.g. 'Shambling Undead' and 'Necromantic Horror', or just not 2 'Shambling Undead' teams in a pair?

I'm presuming the latter but just wanted to be sure as we're contemplating Chaos Chosen and Chaos Renegades. Thanks.

fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fiskey7 »

MisterBrock wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:48 pm Hi there, just a quick one for clarification. My friend was querying this:

"Each coach within pairs must take a different team race (e.g. you can’t have 2 Undead teams in the same pair)."

Does this mean you can't take 2 undead themed teams in a pair, e.g. 'Shambling Undead' and 'Necromantic Horror', or just not 2 'Shambling Undead' teams in a pair?

I'm presuming the latter but just wanted to be sure as we're contemplating Chaos Chosen and Chaos Renegades. Thanks.
Hi - yea I probably should have phrased more carefully. It would mean you couldn’t field 2 Shambling Undead teams in a pair rather than any race that would be considered undead. So I’m your case Chaos Chosen and Chaos Renegades would be fine as a pair.

Only 8 tickets left on the website - so if you plan on coming then do purchase your tickets as soon as. I’m not able to hold tickets back!

MisterBrock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MisterBrock »

fiskey7 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:13 pm
MisterBrock wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:48 pm Hi there, just a quick one for clarification. My friend was querying this:

Hi - yea I probably should have phrased more carefully. It would mean you couldn’t field 2 Shambling Undead teams in a pair rather than any race that would be considered undead. So I’m your case Chaos Chosen and Chaos Renegades would be fine as a pair.

Only 8 tickets left on the website - so if you plan on coming then do purchase your tickets as soon as. I’m not able to hold tickets back!
Thanks for clarifying. We have sorted our tickets, NAF name MagicDave, purchased them for us to be safe. He commented above on this thread about it.

My at the time 'not yet NAF' friend who I am pairing with is now NAF official and his NAF name is AngryWarhol. My NAF name is MisterBrock.

Really looking forward to it! Thanks

Vacant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vacant »

Hello, Myself ( Vacant) and Onyersix will be a pair for the tournament.

Thank you!!

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

What happens if you and your opponent have brought the same star?

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Oh. Just tried to buy tickets, but looks like it is sold out. 😭😭😭

fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fiskey7 »

PeteW wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:52 pm Oh. Just tried to buy tickets, but looks like it is sold out. 😭😭😭
There was a rush on tickets at one point - there was 8 left and then next next I checked they had gone before I got the chance to let people know they were almost gone.

I am speaking to the shop about whether we can get some more space - but if they can it will probably be only 4 more tickets (2 pairs). I will confirm when I know

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Thanks mate!

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Hi there

Any update on numbers for this? This would be my preference... but if it is full then I need to start planning for a different tournament in January.

Thanks!

Peter

fiskey7
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fiskey7 »

PeteW wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:09 pm Hi there

Any update on numbers for this? This would be my preference... but if it is full then I need to start planning for a different tournament in January.

Thanks!

Peter
Just checked with the shop and they should be giving me an answer tomorrow, so will let you know then.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I've managed to double book myself so I'm going to pull out. Don't worry about the entry fee - it's a bit late to faff with refunds (even if that were an option).

I'm sure you'll fill the slot - have a good one and I'll be back later in the year.