COSH Bowl VI - Return of the Hammer - Colchester - 15/10/2022

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

COSH Bowl VI - Return of the Hammer - Colchester - 15/10/2022

Post by scs.sam »

*UPDATE*
The shiny new Amazon roster is allowed

If it isn't available on Tourplay in time bring two paper copies of your actual new build roster and build a generic Amazon roster on Toueplay in order to enter your results.

Good Afternoon,

Myself and Merman are finally releasing the rules for the sixth outing of C.O.S.H Bowl - still in the popular one day format.

This time we are using the excellent Tourplay Website to run the tournament. If you are unfamiliar prepare to be impressed, you will need to create a free account and then you will be able to create your team which will be invisible to your opponents until I reveal them on the day, you can enter your results with your opponent as you play.

This is the link to get started : https://tourplay.net/en/blood-bowl/cosh-bowl-vi

If you have any difficulties drop me a message and I'll guide you through the process - if you shun technology or have a tech failure on the day don't worry I can manually enter your results for you.

We have capacity for up to 40 participants.

The date is 15/10/2022 - 4 games:

4TK gaming, 20 Davey Close, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2XL.

Ticket price is £15 - We will cover the cost of any new naf memberships.

Free Parking, reductions on blood bowl and other gaming merchandise, Tesco supermarket a five minute walk or hot & cold food & Drinks are available on site.

The rules:

4 Games - Registration Starting at 08:45 and completion by 20:00.

We will be playing with the GW Second Season rules released in 2020, The GW teams of Legend supplement, The FAQ, Designer’s commentary and Errata (all available from the Blood Bowl website).

We will be allowing the Slann team with the rules provided by the naf, The allowed Norse, Amazon, and Khorne team rosters are the most recent releases from GW.

This is a resurrection tournament. No players gain SPP and no injuries including death are permanent. Team Value is 1,150,000GP for all players and inducements.

There is no skill stacking and only four of each skill are allowed on a team. The skills packages are tiered by race:

Tier 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elf.

Tier 2: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Slann, Tomb Kings, Vampire.

Tier 3: Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling.

Tier 1 : You may take either 5 Primary & 1 Secondary or 6 Primary
Tier 2 : You may take either 6 Primary & 1 Secondary or 7 Primary
Tier 3 : You may take either 6 Primary & 2 Secondary or 8 Primary

There are no Star players allowed except for Stunty teams. Stunty teams may take 1 star player after they have rostered 11 players. Stunty teams are defined as : Goblins, Halflings, Snotlings, and Ogres.

Teams start with 0 dedicated fans.

We will be using the exhibition Prayers to Nuffle table.

You may take all of the inducements listed on page 89 of the rulebook with the following exceptions:

No Special Play Cards
No Wizard
No Mercenaries
No Stars (see above for Stunty exception)

Any inducements you take will be fixed and remain the same for all of your matches.

Scoring is 30/15/0 W/D/L with 1 Bonus point per TD/CAS up to a maximum of 3 in each category.

All Casualties you cause count - so Crowd Surfs and Fouls do count but failed dodges do not.

Tiebreakers in order will be: Strength of Schedule, combined Net TD's + Net Cas, A wrestling match in the car park - no ladders or chairs allowed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be prizes for the following:

Winner (1st)
Top Loser (2nd)
Most Touchdowns
Most Casualties
Stunty Cup (Even if uncontested)
Woodenspoon (Last place)

Any questions drop me a PM.

Payment can be sent via Paypal to coshbowl@hotmail.com please remember to send it as friends and family and make sure to include your naf name and number (if you have one).

SCHEDULE:

08:45 – 09:15 Arrival & Registration
09:30 – 11:45 Game 1
11:45 – 12:15 Refreshment Break / Buffer for late start
12:15 – 14:30 Game 2
14:45 – 17:00 Game 3
17:15 – 19:30 Game 4
19:45 – 20:00 Awards Presentation

Games are set at 2 hours 15 minutes each which is about four minutes per turn - if you find yourself playing slower than this please request a clock so you can finish on time.

Attending (Bold if paid):

0. scs.sam - (You'll get us both or intermittently depending on final numbers on the day)
0. mymrydon - (You'll get us both or intermittently depending on final numbers on the day)
1. howlinggriffon
2. lasttimelord
3. mr_frodo
4. onyersix

5. wotfudboy
6. besters
7. horus07
8. vulturesquadron
9 pinballgeorge
10. Touchdown
11. chucklehead

12. jimmy_jazz
13. tweetyrawdon
14. misterbrock
15. vacant
16. TheSikThsense

Reason: ''
Wotfudboy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: COSH Bowl VI - Return of the Hammer - Colchester - 15/10/2022

Post by Wotfudboy »

Count me in.

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Please sign me up.

**paid 30/09/2022**

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Paid

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Question re: the tourplay site.

If we submit a roster now, are we able to change our minds prior to the event and change it? Just asking now as wee have a good 5 weeks before the tournament.

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

Post by scs.sam »

Onyersix wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:04 pm Question re: the tourplay site.

If we submit a roster now, are we able to change our minds prior to the event and change it?
Yes - you can change your race, roster, skills the lot as many times as you need right up until I click the button for the first draw.

besters

Post by besters »

Please put me and Horus07 down for this. I will sort out payment in the next few days.

Besters

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

Post by scs.sam »

besters wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:12 pm Please put me and Horus07 down for this. I will sort out payment in the next few days.
Done :D

TweetyRawdon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TweetyRawdon »

Hi guys.

Please put myself and Jimmy_Jazz on the list.

MisterBrock
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MisterBrock »

Hi there, put me down please. May be a couple more from my local league coming too. Will send payment shortly, thanks

Vacant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vacant »

Hello, Please add me to the list!! I’ve just submitted payment. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

vulturesquadron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vulturesquadron »

Hi,
I have now paid for this.

Thanks

Vacant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vacant »

Hello,

Couple of quick tournament questions from a new to both tourplay and tournament player. I’m looking to run Snotlings.

Regards inducements, is CTV difference calculated before or after skill packs are added please? If after do I have the option of running less skills than the ‘pack’?

Regards adding inducements I’m guessing these are done prior to the first game and then are static?

Thanks in advance!!

besters

Post by besters »

I think team value and skills are seperate. Whole package fixed before game1 including inducements.

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Vacant wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:45 pm is CTV difference calculated before or after skill packs are added please?
Tournaments are almost exclusively run differently from standard league play where Inducements are "bought" in advance and become part of the roster. There are no inducements calculated on a match by match basis.

Skills in this tourney do not add the team value and I see no benefit in not taking the full allowance, nor spending less than the full gold on offer.