Welsh National Championships 2023 - 14th & 15th January - Cardiff - ROSTER DEADLINE 1st JANUARY

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Welsh National Championships 2023 - 14th & 15th January - Cardiff - ROSTER DEADLINE 1st JANUARY

Post by TheShepherd »

Mr Frodo wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:49 pm Sorry! I’m ill and have a huge work deadline come up. I can’t make it at all. Sorry!
Ok, thanks for heads up

Reason: ''
Shepherd for the Wales team
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Welsh National Championships 2023 - 14th & 15th January - Cardiff - ROSTER DEADLINE 1st JANUARY

Post by Jip »

Safe travels all, hearing about train cancellations from our end in the south-west. One of our coaches has had cancellations from Bristol, but he’s not playing Dwarfs, so we’re gonna pick him up in the car on the way.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
genghis_kong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by genghis_kong »

Hey - I'm running a little late after a rail replacement bus made me miss my connection. Should be landing at Firestorm around 10am, God willing. Changing trains at Bristol Parkway now....

genghis_kong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by genghis_kong »

Hey - I'm running a little late after a rail replacement bus made me miss my connection. Should be landing at Firestorm around 10am, God willing. Changing trains at Bristol Parkway now....

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Thanks for a great day one!

Day two opens for breakfast at 9-00, we’ll check everyone’s present and correct at 9-30 registration ahead of round 4 at 10-00

Don’t worry if you tanked it today, tomorrow you can win Best Comeback!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Help me best comeback, you're my only hope. Pesky 310 scoring...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
genghis_kong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by genghis_kong »

Guys I'm really sorry but something very urgent has come up at work and I have to deal with it today. With a very heavy heart I'm going to have to withdraw - huge apologies for the obvious inconvenience this is going to cause. Hope you all have an awesome second day and see you at the Caerdydd Cup in March!

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

genghis_kong wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:31 am Guys I'm really sorry but something very urgent has come up at work and I have to deal with it today. With a very heavy heart I'm going to have to withdraw - huge apologies for the obvious inconvenience this is going to cause. Hope you all have an awesome second day and see you at the Caerdydd Cup in March!
Thanks for letting us know

MSJavaid
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MSJavaid »

Amazing weekend. Thank you to TheShepherd and Hobnail for sorting everything out and the smooth running.

Thank you to all my opponents. Would definitely want rematches.

NAF Name: Thatasianguy
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Really good tournament, well done all!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Awesome venue, wonderful tourney and great opponents. Thank you for running it so smoothly. Non-fried food options were appreciated.

Tickled me that I could only hear the announcements when downstairs, but we can't have everything.

Shagon finally came good on the 10th attempt. Had to keep faith :)

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

Magnificent. Thanks to the team running the thing and to all my opponents. Great to catch up with everyone again.

ct
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Before Lunchmoney comes shouting at me for not saying:

Champion - Mankiz
Runner Up - Orcster
3rd Place - WhiskeyMancer
Most TDs - Mankiz
Mos Cas - Morgn_pawl
Best Painted - El_spoonio
Wooden Spoon - DragonMoo_Z
Stunty Champion - Fuel
Best Welsh Player - Orcster

Thank you all for coming! Hope to see you next year!

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fallingdownjoe »

Thanks to everyone involved - it was a fantastically well-run tournament from what I could see, and I had an excellent time with 6 lovely opponents. See you all soon, with any luck!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Thanks to all for a good weekend.