Cwpan Ddraig - Saturday July 30th 2022 - Cardiff, Wales - Spots still available!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Cwpan Ddraig - Saturday July 30th 2022 - Cardiff, Wales - Spots still available!

Post by Beard »

Beard, Jay & Griff would like to welcome you to the first year of Cwpan Ddraig, a one-day resurrection Blood Bowl event hosted at Firestorm Games, Cardiff - (that’s Dragon Cup, for those non-native to Wales)!

Throughout the day, you’ll play 3 games of Blood Bowl, all with a Welsh twist.
Schedule
9am-10am – Registration
10am-12pm – Game 1
12pm-1pm – Lunch & Best Painted voting
1pm-3pm – Game 2
3.15pm-5.15pm - Game 3
5.15-6pm – Awards Ceremony
Tickets
Tickets are £25, include, Tier Three Goodie Bag (Tier Three Dice, Brains Keg token & more), hot food (vegetarian option available) and can be purchased via Paypal (TierThreePodcast@outlook.com), when purchasing your ticket, please include on Paypal, your NAF name & membership no. - ticket does not include NAF registrations, so please ensure that you’re registered before the event starts

What You Need to Bring
- Pitch & Dice
- Team – painted in 3 colours minimum
- 4 printed rosters – 1 for each opponent and one for yourself
- Blood Bowl 2020 rulebook & any supplements you require.

Awards
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
- Stunty Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Most Casualties (excluding pile on and fouls)
- Dirtiest Player (most fouls)
- Leakiest Defence (most TD’s conceded)
- Airmiles (Most Thrown/Kicked team mates)
- Best Sport – people's choice
For Best Painted nominations – there will be a table provided, if you could leave your team on the tables provided for people to look at – then hand in your nominations at the TO desk

Roster Building & Rules
Teams allowed – Those from BB2020 core rule book, plus NAF Slaan, Khorne & teams contained withing the Teams of Legend PDF document along with any new teams released by Games Workshop upto roster cut-off date of June 30th 2022.
Roster Submission Date – all rosters must include any star players and inducements and must be submitted by June 30th 2022, and emailed to tierthreepodcast@outlook.com, any rosters that miss cut-off date could be docked event points.
Roster Building
We’re following GW Tiering systems, please follow the below to build your roster:
- Tier 1 teams – 1.1million gold pieces
- Tier 2 teams – 1.15million gold pieces
- Tier 3 teams – 1.2million gold pieces

Skills, Star Players & Inducements
Skills
- As part of roster building, you may purchase skills for your players, these must be chosen and cannot be random skills
- No characteristic changes and only a maximum of 2 upgrades per player
- There is no limit to the number of times you may purchase a particular skill (so if you want a halfling team where every halfling has block, fill your boots!)
- Primary skills cost 20k gold pieces and Secondary skills cost 40k gold pieces
Star Players
- You may purchase a star player once you have hired 11 players for your roster
- All star players are allowed from any rulebook, deathzone, supplement, spike etc released up until roster cut-off date
Inducements
- You may purchase any inducements, such as sideline staff, wizards, coaches from any rulebook, deathzone, supplement, spike etc released up until roster cut-off date
- You’re given one free Bloodweiser keg at no cost, and may purchase one additional Keg, upto a maximum of 2 Bloodweiser kegs per roster
- No mercenaries or biased referees allowed
- Stadiums, sponsors, unusual blood bowl balls and match events will not be in play
Prayers to Nuffle
The exhibition prayers to Nuffle table, on page 103 of the BB2020 core rule book will be in play.
- The effect of any inducements that provide skill/stats changes in a game, do not carry forward to the next game so end at the end of each game and must be rolled for at the start of each game
- Any zombies/rotters or other additional players gained by any means during a game are lost at the end each game, and the next game reverts back to your initially submitted roster

Scoring
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss

Welsh Twists
- Welsh Hospitality - As part of Welsh hospitality, you’ve been given 1 free “Brains 6XXX keg” - this operates exactly the same as a standard Bloodweiser Keg
- Rugb...er Blood Bowl Mad - to celebrate the Welsh being mad for all sports with an egg-shaped ball, should you score 3 TDs or more, whether you win lose or draw, you’ll earn a bonus point!
- 4 Seasons of weather in a day! - each game will play with custom weather to start off, the weather will be announced for each game prior to kick off, and lasts until the end of the first drive, at which point, you roll on the standard Blood Bowl weather table to see if the weather changes as normal

Venue & Hotels
Firestorm Games, Cardiff will host the event, hot food included from the on-site café, however, there are other retailers nearby should Firestorm be unable to cater to your needs.
- Address – Sloper Road, Cardiff, CF11 8AD
- Parking – There is a number of spaces provided on site at Firestorm Games, however, additional parking is available at Cardiff City Stadium, a short walk away.
Hotels - There are several hotels in Cardiff City Centre and in Cardiff Bay – better parking is likely in Cardiff Bay, which is only a train stop away from Cardiff City Centre, or 5 mins or so in a car/Taxi.

How to Get to Firestorm Games
- Bus – from Cardiff City Centre, Bus routes 1 & 2 travel along Sloper Road (Check which route as there’s 2 routes of direction, with Sloper Road closer to on end of the route), Routes 95 & 95A run by Cardiff City stadium, so you’d just need to walk down Sloper Road, routes 92, 92B, 93, 94, 94B also travel along Sloper Road
-Train – get a train to Cardiff Central train station and then change trains to Grangetown train station, from there, walk straight up Sloper Road to the venue
- Car – If travelling from M4, Exit at Junction 33, onto A4232, also known as the “Barry Link Road”, exit at Cardiff City Stadium/Cardiff International sports campus exit, take 1st exit at the roundabout, along B4267. You’ll pass Cardiff City Stadium on your right, and a small park, at the small park, turn right along Sloper Road, continue along Sloper Road and Firestorm will be on your right.

Reason: ''
Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cwpan Ddraig - Saturday July 30th 2022 - Cardiff, Wales

Post by Beard »

Attendees - paid in bold

1 - Barnacles
2 - 7able
3 - Orcster
4 - Flaponion
5 - Jack - Mini Orcster
6 - Angry Hobbit
7 - Ayupmeduck (1)
8 - Ayupmeduck (2)
10 - Nightwing
11 - DaPiranha
12 - Hobnail
13 - MorgN_Pawl

14 - Aaaardvark
16 - Snarebear
17 - 8ulldog
18 - TheBymster
19 - Bubblefuzz
20 - Blackcherry359
21 - FragRock
22 - Baseyg
23 - Jayward
24 - Nick Hinder
25 - JandyrColdheart
26 - JustKeith
27 - ScouseSteve
28 - James Owen
29 - Ed Owen
30 - Nightman

Reserves
1 -Thatasianguy
2 - Roro-the-Dawg

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Put me down for this even though it's more than a year away.

Is this a new venue? It's not the normal Firestorm games address?

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

I'll bob you on the list!

This is presuming Firestorm's new address - given the social media videos they put out of a new venue - obviously we'll amend the pack should things change

MSJavaid
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MSJavaid »

Add me to the list man - Thatasianguy

NAF Name: Thatasianguy
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Add me to the list please!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Yes please

Shepherd for the Wales team
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

Beard wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:42 am I'll bob you on the list!

This is presuming Firestorm's new address - given the social media videos they put out of a new venue - obviously we'll amend the pack should things change
Found it. At least they are keeping it close to a railway station. I might even be able to make it on time.

Rules question (no answer required) Can you actually spam a fling team with block and still afford trees? That would be fun :lol:

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

Updated with Thatasianguy, Nightwing and DaPiranha

Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

Angry Hobbit wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:06 pm
Beard wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:42 am I'll bob you on the list!

Found it. At least they are keeping it close to a railway station. I might even be able to make it on time.

Rules question (no answer required) Can you actually spam a fling team with block and still afford trees? That would be fun :lol:
I don't see why not - might not leave much for inducements and you might only get 11 players out of it - but would certainly change the dynamic of the team

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Was about to sign up, then I realised it was 14 months away :) might still come but I'll have to decide a tiny bit later on!

Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

Itchen Masack wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:46 pm Was about to sign up, then I realised it was 14 months away :) might still come but I'll have to decide a tiny bit later on!
Not a problem! We look forward to seeing you there if you do sign up

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Hey :D

Please put me down for two spots.

Coach names: Hobnail and MorgN_Pawl

Thanks

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Beard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Beard »

Hobnail wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:39 pm Hey :D

Please put me down for two spots.

Coach names: Hobnail and MorgN_Pawl

Thanks
will do!

Aaaardvark