COSH TT2 - Hammer Time | Colchester - Postponed

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

COSH TT2 - Hammer Time | Colchester - Postponed

Post by scs.sam »

We are sad to announce that following the new Government restrictions due to come into effect on the 14th September we have to cancel this event. There is no way that we can run this event without making all of us criminals - a risk I'm sure we'd all be prepared to take if it were not for the public safety aspect of it all.

We will be watching what happens through Autumn and Winter and rescheduling for a future date, in the interim those that have paid will be refunded. We can offer the following guarantees to you all:

(1) We will give you at least 10 weeks notice of the new date for COSH TT 2.

(2) All teams that have signed up to date will be given first refusal to attend before we open any remaining spaces up to the general public.

(3) Regardless of any new release of Blood Bowl by Games Workshop and any subsequent decisions by the naf on the new rules COSH TT 2 will be played with the CRP rules and tournament rules below - there is a small chance that this will mean we are a non-naf tournament, I do not believe this will detract from what turned out to be our most popular event ever.

(4) As a significant amount of time is elapsing we may reconsider the introduction of snotlings and OWA into the tournament - no promises though!.

If you feel any anger at this turn of events please direct it to your local Member of Parliament - we hope to see you all on the other side :D

Evening all,

Myself and Mr Merman having survived Corona to date are bringing you a second helping of our popular team tournament.

Each team will consist of three capable coaches – or whoever you can press gang, if you are on your own and wish to attend let us know we will try to find you a team.

The Venue can only support 8 teams before it runs out of space to socially distance - that's our limit, which I know is a bit confusing because Blood Bowlers are super low risk of spreading infection due to their general lack of social interaction but none the less those are the rules.

Face masks, hand sanitiser, etc... will be required and supplied where necessary - what ever government guidelines are in place come October we will enforce!

The date is 03/10/2020 - 4 games at 4TK gaming, 20 Davey Close, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2XL.

Ticket price £15 per coach so £45 for a team- We will cover the cost of any new naf memberships.

Free Parking, reductions on blood bowl and other gaming merchandise, Tesco supermarket a five minute walk or hot & cold food & Drinks are available on site.

I have adjusted the game times to reflect reality and then to removed my mistake from last year! – and continue my relaxed stance on the made up Khorne and Bretonnian teams (if you take them I will still think less of you as a human being). We are not allowing Old World Alliance or any new teams introduced by GW in the interim, sadly for the same reasons I choose to disallow OWA I am also going to deny Snotlings - but I'm sure they can come next year (they look fun).

You will be required to submit your team name, and the races you are taking in advance – your game one opponents can check your rosters for you.

Rulespack may follow but in the mean time the rules in a nutshell:

4 Games - Registration Starting at 9am and awards and completion by 8pm - ish.

Team Value is 1,100,000 Gold Pieces.

You will take three teams – you have ten points to spend, the point values of the teams are below:

Tier 1 - Dwarf, Wood Elves, Skaven, Norse, Orc, Undead, Amazon, Dark Elves, Bretonnian – 4 points
Tier 2 - Chaos Dwarf, Lizardmen, Chaos, Human, Khemri, Pact, Slann, High Elves, Nurgle, Necromantic, Pro Elves, Vampires, Underworld, Khorne – 2 points
Tier 3 – Halflings, Goblins, Ogres – 1 Point

When you have chosen your teams subtract their points value from ten (you can't be a negative number) – then award each team the skill package from below based on the amount of points you have left:

Skill Packages:

0 - 2 Points remaining – 4 Single skills
3 - 4 Points remaining – 5 Single skills & 1 double skill
5 - 6 Points remaining – 6 Single skills & 2 double skills
7 Points remaining – 7 Single skills & 3 double skills

Skills do not stack – except for stunty teams which may take a second skill on a player (not two doubles though).

All teams start with 5 free Fan Factor.

You must Buy 11 players before stars are allowed.

Nearly all the naf allowed inducements are acceptable - including Horatio and Fink, no special play cards though.

Pilling on is as per LRB 5.

The extra rule that I call "We're just too damn good!" - if all three teams are the same race then the coach with the highest naf ranking for a non-stunty race will lose one single and one double skill. If all three teams are stunty teams this rule does not apply.

Scoring is 30/15/0 W/D/L with 1 Bonus point per TD/CAS up to a maximum of 3 in each catagory.
Your team score is a total of all three of your scores.

All Casualties you cause count - so Crowd Surf/Foul do but Rocks and failed dodges do not.

Tiebreakers in order will be: Strength of Schedule, Net TD's, Net Cas, Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be prizes for the following:

Top Team (1st)
Top Individual (1st)
Most Touchdowns
Most Casualties
Stunty Cup (Real stunty teams only) – this will be awarded even if uncontested
Woodenspoon (Last place individual)

There will probably be a free gift or two - we're still arguing the toss about whether masks are cool gifts or not (they're not)

Any questions pop me a PM.

Payment can be sent via paypal to coshbowl@hotmail.com

SCHEDULE:

09:00 : Arrival & Registration
09.30 – 12:00 : Game 1
12:00 - 12.30 : Lunch Break
12.30 – 15:00 : Game 2
15:00 – 17:30 : Game 3
17:30 – 20:00 : Game 4
20:00 : Awards Presentation

Attending (Bold if paid & Underlined if registered):

1. COSH A Team
*myrmedon
*scs.sam
*Joe

2. BRGA Boyz on Tour
*tweetyrawdon
*jimmy_jazz
*James Turner

3. Goof Troop
* Tank15
* Touchdown
* Chucklehead

4. Triple-Double Skulls {is that even a thing guys?}
* MonkeyRage
* RuffNTumble
* Narcoleptic_Wizard

5. Hebbl
* Martyn F.
* tbc.
* tbc.

6. CBBBL
* larkin2012
* pinballgeorge
* tbc.

7. Alphas
* Mark Evans
* tbc.
* tbc.

8. WOBBL
* erichzann
* ashp
* tbc.

RESERVES:

9. Skabb
* tbc
* tbc
* tbc

Reason: ''
Touchdown
Experienced
Experienced

Re: COSH Team Tourney 2 - Hammer Time | 3rd Oct | Colchester

Post by Touchdown »

Paid for Team Goof Troop KFC made up of Tank15, Chucklehead and I

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

Re: COSH Team Tourney 2 - Hammer Time | 3rd Oct | Colchester

Post by scs.sam »

Touchdown wrote:Paid for Team Goof Troop KFC made up of Tank15, Chucklehead and I
Great - glad to have you back :D

Touchdown
Experienced
Experienced

Re: COSH TT2 - Hammer Time | 3rd Oct | Colchester - Full

Post by Touchdown »

Cheers mate, we are looking forward to it.