Mo'Bowl - Team event - Leeds - RESCHEDULED 19/11/2022 SOLD OUT !!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Mo'Bowl - Team event - Leeds - RESCHEDULED 19/11/2022 SOLD OUT !!

Post by Slimjono »

JB Fantasy Fields in association with West Yorkshire BloodBowl League Presents;

:orc: UPDATED RULESET - RESCHEDULED DATE - SOLD OUT :orc:
WE ARE SOLD OUT FOLKS

MoBowl - in aid of Movember.

General Information
Mo’Bowl will be held on Saturday 19th November 2022 at Leodis Games, Unit 10, Springfield Mills, Bagley Lane, Farsley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 5LY.
Mo’Bowl is a Two Person Team event. Non profit event with all profits going to the Movember Foundation, to help raise awareness of men's health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's suicide.

Game timings will be as follows:
09:30 to 10:00 Registration
10:00 to 12:30 Game One
12:30 to 13:00 Lunch
13:00 to 15:30 Game Two
15:30 to 18:00 Game Three
18:00 to 18:30 Awards and close

Entry costs and payment
• Entry cost is £40 per team for NAF members or £50 for non-NAF, this includes sign up/renewal
• Entry cost does not include any lunch.
• Please send payments for tournament sign up by PayPal to jbfantasyfields@gmail.com
Could you please select the ‘gift’ or ‘paying a friend’ option so we don’t lose out on fees please?
• Due to previous issues, we will not be offering refunds. However we can try to help you sell your ticket to another coach should the need arise.
• Any other queries can be directed to me via my personal page "Jonnie Bailey, here on TFF under "Slimjono" or via email at Jbfantasyfields@gmail.com
• Please submit rosters to Jbfantasyfields@gmail.com in advance, a post will confirm when.

Rules
Mo'Bowl will be using current (Second Season) rules and NAF approved additions as follows.
• Blood Bowl Second Season Rulebook (SSRB)
• Current designers commentary/FAQ from GW
IMPORTANT NOTE: This contains not just rule clarifications and rulings but an amended tier lists and new (increased) costs for Hakflem and Morg'n'Thorg. Please speak to the ref team if you have any queries
• Current Teams of Legend from Warhammer Community Page
• Current NAF Rules for Tournaments (including Slann teams)
• Star players from NAF sanctioned Spike! Magazines released since Second Season (Spike! 11 onwards)
Note: Akhorne the squirrel appears in Spike! 13 and is therefore permitted in this tournament. A link to his character card/profile appears at the end of this post
• Note that the rules for Exhibition Play are being used (Second Season Rulebook pages 101-103). That includes the Exhibition specific version of the Prayers to Nuffle table found in that section.
• “Low cost linemen” has no effect. All your rostered Snotlings/gnobblars are purchased normally!
• As we will be using “Resurrection” rules; coaches will play each match with the same starting roster and do not need to record SPPs or any ongoing injuries.
• Undead, Necromantic and Nurgle teams may gain an additional player as per the relevant “Masters of Undeath” or “Plague Ridden” rules but any players gained this way do not carry over to subsequent matches
• In the event of a discrepancy or unclear range band for a pass or TTM action, the chart on page 48 should be used.
• The ref team will be on hand to ensure rounds run to time and will advise of time remaining periodically throughout each round.
• Each player on your roster must be represented by an appropriate painted miniature. You do not need to have miniatures for coaching staff but of course may do so if you wish.

Etiquette
• Blood bowl is a battle of skill and luck between you and your opponent. RULES quick reference guides are useful and encouraged. Play books that tell you HOW to set up, attempt a one turner etc. are not!
• We may not be able to include anyone that arrives after the registration period has closed in the initial round one draw. Previously the head ref has provided emergency spare man cover but we feel we need at least one dedicated ref so we won’t do this here.
• Please don’t distract the top table(s) whilst they are playing the game, especially if you have a vested interest in a particular outcome!

Rosters
Rosters are purchased with a treasury of 1,150,000 gold crowns as per the exhibition play rules on page 101 of the Second Season rulebook.

Only the following inducements are permitted
(Your team must include at least 11 standard players before purchasing any inducements)

• 0-3 Bribes 100k each (50k for teams with the Bribery and Corruption special rule)
• 0-1 Riotous Rookies 100k (Ogre or Snotling teams only)
• 0-1 Halfling Master Chef 300k (100k for Halfling teams)
• TIER 3 TEAMS ONLY may hire 0-2 Star Players as detailed below. NOTE this costs a “tax” of some of the team’s skill allocation in addition to their hiring cost as detailed below.
• If two coaches are drawn against each other in the tournament with the same Star Player(s) on their roster, then both coaches are permitted to use the Star (contrary to the normal rule).

Additional Skills
Each team will be offered a skills package to enhance their players; this will be done using the published tier system. We may adjust this for future events once more data is available.
TIER 1: Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, High Elves, Lizardmen, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elves
TIER 2: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Humans, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Orcs, Slann, Tomb Kings, Vampires
TIER 3 (stunty): Goblin, Halfling, Ogres, Snotlings

The packages will be as follows:
TIER 1 = 4 primary skills
you may only take primary skills
TIER 2 = 6 primary skills
You may swap two primary skills for a secondary – this can only be done once
TIER 3 (Stunty) = 8 primary skills/6 plus one star player/4 plus two star players
You lose 2 primary skills for each star player you decide to roster
You still have to pay the hiring cost of the star(s) as normal
You may swap two primary skills for a secondary – you may do this up to twice
All skills are to be chosen and recorded prior to the tournament. Random skills are NOT allowed. Players may receive a maximum of one additional skill. There are no restrictions on skill duplication i.e. you may give multiple players the same skill if you wish. Star Players may not be given additional skills.

Teams can take the same teams if they wish EG Two Human teams.

The Power of the ‘Tash’
In the spirit of all things Movember, we will on registration be handing out all manner of fake moustaches. This moustache will grant you one Wondering Apothecary or Igor to use per game.
Please note standard rules for use of the above applies.

Games and Scoring
The first round will be drawn randomly, with all further rounds using the Swiss system. The overall winner will be the team with the most points at the end of the day – there will be no final.
Points are scored as follows:
50 points for a win.
20 points for a draw.
0 points for a loss.
+1 Bonus point per touchdown (max 3 bonus points in each round)
+1 Bonus point per casualty (max 3 bonus points in each round)
Ties to be determined on the following (in order) Head to Head, Strength of Schedule, Combined TD and Casualty difference
Casualty score in this case is casualties from BLOCKING ONLY. Note that if a blocking player rolls an attacker down (skull) or both down result and is injured it counts as a casualty for the player they were trying to block.

Awards
Subject to sufficient sign ups we aim to give awards in the following categories. We also aim to have a small tournament souvenir (again subject to sufficient sign ups)

Team Awards
Overall Winning Team
Second Placed Team
Individual Awards
Most CAS
Most TDs
Stunty Cup
Best Painted
Wooden Spoon
Sportsmanship Award

Things To Bring With You
A painted team.
Your Blood Bowl board.
Dice.
Templates.
Three roster sheets (one for the head ref, one for yourself and one for your opponent).

Covid-19 Safety measures
Hopefully we will be able to run this event with not notable restrictions but please be understanding if we need to apply any appropriate measures. Please do not attend if you or a member of your household has recently tested positive.

Rules clarifications.
Note some rules/interpretations are currently under active discussion, however the ref team would like to make their interpretation and intent on the following clear.
SSRB Page 27 “Falling Over” Please read "If a player Falls Over, a turnover is caused" as "If a player *on the active team* falls over, a turnover is caused". Reasoning: Under some very specific circumstances (e.g. on the ball skill) you may be able to move during your opponent’s turn. Having a player from the inactive team fall over will not cause a turnover in this way.
SSRB Page 130 & 133 "Two for One" (Grak and Crumbleberry/Swift Twins). This is not explicitly clarified but if both halves of a "Two for One" partnership become available again (e.g. recovery from KO) they will revert to their standard Loner 4+ trait. (note that you cannot use an apothecary on a star and there are currently no stars with this ability that can regenerate).

Useful links:
Teams of Legend
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... B7QwND.pdf
Blood bowl “designers’ commentary” and errata
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp- ... KG5hCE.pdf
NAF rules for Tournaments
https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploa ... s-2021.pdf

Reason: ''
Slimjono - 23894
Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Mo'Bowl I - Charity 2man Team event - Leeds

Post by Slimjono »

1.) Sturm und Drang - Leipziger & Beanbag
2.) Steel Butchers - Littleleadperson & Nodgefodgekins
3.) Tactics & Theatrics - Haychdee & PunchyMcRageFists
4.) The Referees Club - Slimjono & Tomonstrosity
5.) Old Hobbits Die Hard - Adam Button & LordAdHoc
6.) Unlikely Green Alliance - Lewi88 & Snowtroll
7.) Greenskin Alliance - Spleggy & Darkstar
8.) Here for the Blood - Mortikina & Ferg Hadley
9.) DBBL One - Flickcon & Mark Balthis
10.) DBBL Darksiders - drdarkside & Pete (New to NAF)
11.) DBBL Gun-boys - steveo1308 & Tom (New to NAF)
12.) DBBL The Metal Vikings - Chris & Aaron
13.) The Discombobulators - Fireolli & Dafo
14.) Sutton United - Valen & Deepfruit
15.) Like Chorc and Cheese - AWT & Loubeiga
16.) Technoflowers - DrTechnoTrousers & Cauleeflower
17.) The Lewdgrippers - Chilli & Deeferdan
18.) DBBL The Business - Adam Rowe & Dave
19.) Irritable Foul Syndrome - Toxophilly & Hand_Painted_Puppet
20.) Team Shill - Bigshillers & Souldan

RESERVE LIST;

Slimjono - 23894
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Hi, as per this announcement (http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 59&t=37084) near the top of this very forum you have posted to, can you please add the date to the title.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Best Pained sounds interesting :lol: ;)

Hopefully I’ll be free for this.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

Leipziger wrote:Best Pained sounds interesting :lol: ;)

Hopefully I’ll be free for this.
:o :lol: I wish i could pretend i meant that hah, hopefully see you there :)

Slimjono - 23894
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Re: Mo'Bowl I/ Charity Team event/ Leeds/ Saturday 21st Nove

Post by Leipziger »

It’s also worth including a note about coaches not selecting ‘payment protection’ with PayPal too. If they do there’ll be a charge levied. We had a few of those for WB this year.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Also re: Stars, are legacy stars & golden era Stars allowed?

Zoglug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Zoglug »

Bit early for me to commit but am hopefull I can attend and find a suitable mug i mean teammate to join me!

Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

Leipziger wrote:Also re: Stars, are legacy stars & golden era Stars allowed?
Yes mate, i see no problem with that :)
I will update the rules pack to say as such

Slimjono - 23894
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Payment sent. Team name tbc. Me & Beanbag.

Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

A very quick update, it is still early doors & I am still gathering raffle donations. But I'd like to thank
•°••Turbodork paints & The Army Painter••°•
Who have sent us goodies already for the raffle. We have more to add to the list once we confirm everything.

Slimjono - 23894
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Have you poked the NAF, re Blocksfam, for charity raffle prizes?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

all kinds of interested. Arranging a friend ASAP for this one.

Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

lunchmoney wrote:Have you poked the NAF, re Blocksfam, for charity raffle prizes?
I have not *doh* will look into this now - thanks :)

Slimjono - 23894
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

I hate to be the one to point out clashes when I'm cranking out the tournaments myself these days.

But I think it's a bit off that this tournament wasn't given a bit more thought when Tash Bash is a week later in Lancaster also raising money for the Movember Foundation and has been in the books for months.

Especially when it comes to a charitable cause, it's not like it's a couple of local club tourneys 2hrs travel apart, if everybody got behind that tournament it could be a real success, Shane already has prize support lined up and has raised thousands for Movember foundation over the years already.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."