UKTC VII | York | April 2-3 2022

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

pedro
Experienced
Experienced

Re: UKTC VII | York | April 2-3 2022 *RACE AND COACH CONFIRMATION DEADLINE: 23RD MARCH*

Post by pedro »

Hi we are looking for a miracle there
Due to a late dropout in the french Lutece Noobz team we are looking for a 4th member to complete our squad :)
If anybody not already competing is willing to join, the inscription fee is on my charge, and many thanks and beers will be donated to him
:)

Can't wait to see all of you
cheers

Reason: ''
whistlewhistlewhistle
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: UKTC VII | York | April 2-3 2022 *RACE AND COACH CONFIRMATION DEADLINE: 23RD MARCH*

Post by Pipey »

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
PurpleChest
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PurpleChest »

Thanks for another excellently run Tournament, may the UKTC continue to dominate the 'must go to' event calendar.

Impressively professional.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Brilliant day, thanks Pipey and the team for making it so.

Chinos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Chinos »

Another great weekend at a fantastic tournament - great venue, well organised and wonderful opponents. Thanks to @Pipey and the organisers/referees plus my opponents across the two days.

Apologies to our opponents who ended up with a Bye, and further thanks to Pipey for being able to work it to ensure everyone got the right number of ranked games.

It's certainly a "Must Attend" calendar event.

See you next year.

Less social butterfly, more anti-social moth.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Fantastic event as always and great to see everyone at a large scale event for the first time in years. Thanks Pipey and assistants for a great effort and congrats to the UKBBL guys for the win!

I appreciate the difficulties involved in running a team event in the post-covid era but I did think the auto loss for teams missing players was harsh, especially since a fair few people have traveled lengthy distances to attend. It didn't affect our team since all our rounds were 4v4 but I had sympathy for those in that situation.

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Final results here:
http://www.bbuktc.com/drawsandresults/

Lots of people to thank:
*Everyone for coming (especially those from abroad)
*Bobster, Scally, Schmee and Itonjaw for reffing
*The players who received concessions due to absences, hopefully the extra NAF games helped
*Sann for the data support
*Best Painted judges (Warka, Max, Dom, JimmyF, JBone)
*All the University staff
*Everyone for their appreciation and support throughout the weekend

I would value any feedback on TFF/Facebook or to ukteamchallenge@gmail.com re ways to improve the event. Please get in touch if you think of anything.

See you next time!
(more on that soon)
Brendan

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Hi all

If you came away from the weekend's gathering with covid (evident that a number of you have) please consider contacting your opponents or anyone else you were in contact with to let them know.

Thanks
Brendan