IOWBBL Sandbowl 2 11/7/20 Shanklin Isle of Wight LEMF WINS

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

IOWBBL Sandbowl 2 11/7/20 Shanklin Isle of Wight LEMF WINS

Post by MrRoberto »

*PLEASE NOTE VENUE AND TIMES HAVE CHANGED*

4 game blood bowl tournament- NAF approved , and the run twist is all teams must take a star player!

With the Isle of Wight league’s star players resting in the summer break, they have decided to hit the beach and get together for some “friendly” blood bowl action! Hence IOWBBL Sandbowl was born!

Sandbowl is a special one day event for 1200TV teams, for 4 matches in one day for more beer-fuelled Blood Bowl shenanigans!

Special rules as follows -

Star players can be taken as part of the starting 11 players, and every team must include at least one star player- this is their event after all! All NAF approved stars are permitted. Also stars cannot turn up to play for two teams that are playing each other, in the event of this happening they will play for neither. When a coach makes their race choice this will be posted on TFF and the Facebook event by the organiser, the star player selected will also be listed to try and avoid duplication (hint - maybe coaches could consider picking obscure stars to ensure they will play for them!)

The game is played in sunny weather - as such all 11 & 12 weather results are treated as 3 & 2 respectively. Each team gets a crate of ice lollies per match which they can use once per game to allow one player to ignore the effects of a single failed sweltering heat result!

Other rules -

You must have a NAF ID to enter, £8 entry

· All teams will play 4 matches during the day, match-ups to be determined after each round, using Swiss system. 4 min turns will be in effect for matches to ensure matches run to time

· The event will use the current 2016 edition rules including all spike magazine updates

· The event is open to all the regular 24 races (plus the newly approved Khorne & Brettonia teams), to a maximum TV of 1200k.

. Sandbowl is a resurrection tournament with all injured players tucking in on ice creams and returning for the next game!

. Teams can allocate one normal skill to one player before game 1, they may allocate one skill to another player before game 2 , one to a third player before game 3, and one to a fourth player before game 4. This must be represented with a skill ring. No player may be allocated more than one skill. Stunty teams can take 2 normal skills each game, or one double skill (skink/krox teams count as stunties)

· Inducements may be taken as normal, but special play cards cannot be taken as inducements.

Scoring

• Win a game: 3 points

• Draw a game: 1 points

• Lose a game: 0 points

In event of tie points, tie breakers are (in order), TD diff, CAS diff, TD scored, CAS scored, penalty shootout (3 block dice roll off)

There will be a trophy for the winner, and prizes for the top three teams! Plus a prize for the top stunty team!

Event to be held at Shanklin beach hotel, Isle of Wight on Saturday July 11th 2020 Doors 9.30 for a 10 kick off!

Schedule -

0930 doors & registration

1000 Game 1

1200 Game 2

1430 Game 3

1630 Game 4

1830 results and trophies

The venue is close to shanklin train station which links directly to Ryde/Portsmouth ferry.

Capped at 16 players due to space for social distancing at the venue

Attending
1- Mrroberto
2- Copemon
3- Cyberduk
4- Schooma
5- Belafon
6- Shazam
7- Primerack
8- Felna
9- bobafettsmum
10-lemf
11- gamingwithmike
12- purpledodo
13-
14-
15-
16-

Reason: ''
Most casualties - Snotbowl 3, iowbbl speedbowl 4, IOW Speedbowl 6
Winner - IOWBBL speedbowl 3
MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOWBBL Sandbowl 2 11/7/20 Sandown Isle of Wight

Post by MrRoberto »

A quick update that I still hope this will go ahead With the appropriate social distancing , however there will be a venue change due to the original venue being a small back room in a pub. Updates to follow...

MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOWBBL Sandbowl 2 11/7/20 Shanklin Isle of Wight

Post by MrRoberto »

Yup new venue sourced, so this will be going ahead with slightly different start time :)

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

How is this going ahead?

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Considering no one can visit the IOW it should be postponed or cancelled, like every other event right now.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Outbreak.PNG
Then I rolled the GFI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MrRoberto »

Hi guys,

As it stands currently government restrictions prevent this event from going ahead. However the government has stated that the hospitality industry will be allowed to reopen early July, and this event is due to be held in a large function room at a hotel now to allow social distancing. I have been trialling TT games with appropriate measures.

I am under no financial obligation with the venue so I have advised local players I will wait until a couple of weeks before deciding whenever to postpone by a couple of months (and move the other 2020 IOW events back accordingly). If government rules are lifted to allow indoor gatherings then we shall go ahead as planned. If there is a limit on numbers allowed to gather this will be enforced.

Regarding transport to the island, this has been running throughout the pandemic and day visits have coming to the island since the restrictions were eased a few weeks ago. The vehicle routes to fishbourne and Cowes are running as is the foot passenger Hovercraft to Ryde so there will be no issue for any one wishing to travel from the mainland. The train service to shanklin from Ryde is running as normal, which is close to the venue.

If anyone has any questions please let me know, there’s lots of players keen to get back in action here so fingers crossed this will go ahead!

Rob

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

As I understand last nights announcement - gatherings indoors are not currently allowed and rules will not be changed again until the 4th July (if the 5 tests continue to be met) so you have at most a weeks notice. Obviously things may change for the better but I genuinely can't see Boris downgrading further before his stated date of 4th July

I as much as anyone here want to get back to TT but we still need to be careful.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MrRoberto »

Loki wrote:As I understand last nights announcement - gatherings indoors are not currently allowed and rules will not be changed again until the 4th July (if the 5 tests continue to be met) so you have at most a weeks notice. Obviously things may change for the better but I genuinely can't see Boris downgrading further before his stated date of 4th July

I as much as anyone here want to get back to TT but we still need to be careful.
Yes if that is the case I will have to postpone but will wait until
July 1st to make a decision. I spoken to the NAF and they are happy with this. In the event of postponing I’ll post up on here in case anyone from the mainland is considering attending

MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MrRoberto »

After today’s announcement and speaking to the venue this is going ahead as planned :) £5 entry payable on the door, however if you are coming please pm me so I know how many are in attendance, this is to ensure there is sufficient space under the new guidance. If you turn up on the day you might not be able to play...

MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOWBBL Sandbowl 2 11/7/20 Shanklin Isle of Wight LEMF W

Post by MrRoberto »

Winner Lemf
Runner up bobafettsmum
Most TDS Cyberduk
Most cas Schooma