The Midlands Championship Series 2018

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

The Midlands Championship Series 2018

Post by Monkeyjuice »

Welcome folks to the first ever Midlands Championship Series!

What is it?

The Midlands Championship Series (MCS) is your way of showing to the world that you are the top dog when it comes to competing in Blood Bowl tournaments in this part of the UK. Using an easy to follow points scoring system, we will rank the avid tournament goers to see who is the crème de la crème of the Midlands. Only just started competing in NAF ranked tournaments? Never fear, the MCS Newcomer Award is here! “But wait,” I hear you cry, “I always play Stunty teams, so I’m probably never going to win an award!” Well, well, well, my brave compadre, it just so happens that there is also a MCS Stunty Cup for the coach who has performed the best with their Stunty teams - even the little guys can win big!

How does it work?

Coaches must attend at least 2 tournaments that are participating in the MCS in order to qualify for the award.
Points are awarded at each qualifying tournament as follows:

Each coach is awarded points equal to the number of coaches below them plus 1 (which is the coach themselves). For example, someone who finished third in a 30-coach tournament would get 26 + 1 = 27 points. The points awarded to the coach is then multiplied by the number of matches played at that tournament (to a max. of 5). So, our coach who finished in third place after playing 3 games would have a grand total of 27 x 3 = 81 points for that tournament. The top 3 results a coach has over the course of the MCS will be combined to provide their overall score. To encourage diversity, the 3 results must include results played with at least 2 different races. The coach with the highest overall score will be Champion of the Midlands!

In order to qualify for the Stunty Cup, a coach must attend a minimum of 2 tournaments with a stunty team, these being Goblins, Ogres and Halflings. The top 2 stunty team results for each qualifying coach are then combined in order to determine who has the highest total score and is therefore the Stunty Cup winner.

The Newcomer Award is available for any coach who, prior to the start of the year’s championship series, has played no more than 6 NAF tournaments. The award is won by the qualifying coach with the highest combined points from their 3 best performances come the end of the series, in the same way as the Champion.

Which tournaments are involved?

Any NAF approved tournament in the Midlands can be part of the Midlands Championship, if requested by the Tournament Organiser. We expect that qualifying tournaments will include:

Stone Bowl, Stoke-on-Trent – 21st Apr
Stafford Scramble II, Stafford – 8th July
WWG Chaos Cup, Worcester – 22nd July
Manticore Mug, Cheltenham – 6th Oct
Stranglebowl, Leicester - 13th Oct
WWG Blood Bowl Tournament, Worcester – 18th Nov
Derby Tag Team Tournament, Derby - 24th Nov
Burmayhem Bowl III, Birmingham – 1st Dec
STAR Championship, Telford – 8th Dec

Trophies will be provided for the Overall Champion, the Stunty Cup and the Newcomer Award. The trophies will be funded by small donations by Tournament Organisers from tournament funds.

Why have a regional championship in the Midlands?

Why not?! Since the resurgence of Blood Bowl fanaticism, the game’s popularity has erupted in the Midlands. A number of new leagues have started up, along with a plethora of new tournaments that are fast becoming fan favourites! As passionate Blood Bowl tournament organisers, we wanted to give something back to the community and share our love of the competition scene with all of you by having a unifying trophy that not only encourages coaches to attend tournaments but strengthen the bonds between coaches. Blood Bowl brings us together, and the championship is intended to embolden our camaraderie.

The most recent table can be found here:
MCS Table_Presentation.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: !!!NEW!!! West Midlands Championship 2018

Post by lunchmoney »

Nice

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Great to see this up and running :D

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Awesome stuff :) maybe I’ll to actually travel further north than Cheltenham...

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I'm sure the first table will be posted soon. Who are the favourites do you think, anyone want to gaze into their crystal ball? It will take a combination of skill and luck combined with attendance at a number of the qualifying tourneys. Perhaps Podfrey, a legend of the game and the victor at Stone Bowl? But will Podfrey play enough tournaments to take the overall title? Gorgoroth is a coach on fine form and a player based in the West Midlands with easy access to lots of these tourneys. Could Gorgoroth be our first champion? Who are the Stunty Cup contenders, tough to single anyone out at this stage?

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

speedingbullet wrote:I'm sure the first table will be posted soon. Who are the favourites do you think, anyone want to gaze into their crystal ball? It will take a combination of skill and luck combined with attendance at a number of the qualifying tourneys. Perhaps Podfrey, a legend of the game and the victor at Stone Bowl? But will Podfrey play enough tournaments to take the overall title? Gorgoroth is a coach on fine form and a player based in the West Midlands with easy access to lots of these tourneys. Could Gorgoroth be our first champion? Who are the Stunty Cup contenders, tough to single anyone out at this stage?
Podfrey :roll:

Monkeyjuice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Monkeyjuice »

speedingbullet wrote:I'm sure the first table will be posted soon. Who are the favourites do you think, anyone want to gaze into their crystal ball? It will take a combination of skill and luck combined with attendance at a number of the qualifying tourneys. Perhaps Podfrey, a legend of the game and the victor at Stone Bowl? But will Podfrey play enough tournaments to take the overall title? Gorgoroth is a coach on fine form and a player based in the West Midlands with easy access to lots of these tourneys. Could Gorgoroth be our first champion? Who are the Stunty Cup contenders, tough to single anyone out at this stage?
I should probably be impartial, but wwe2015 is one to watch, as is Gorgoroth, both of whom are esteemed MBBL coaches in for a chance at getting into this season's playoffs.

wwe2015 to be first champ.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Gorgoroth for me. Unless he mixes playing stunties and non-stunties and ends up diddling himself out of the running.....

GutRot81
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GutRot81 »

Standings after Stone. 1 race each. points as follows
**=Stunty

Races Stonebowl
Podfrey 1 114
Kfoged 1 111
Dragonborn 1 108 Newcomer Leader
Gorgoroth 1 105
CarolusMagnus 1 102
TheBymster 1 99
Barney theLurker 1 96
Sizzler 1 93
Spitzberg 1 90
Caeser-22 1 87
Geggster 1 84
Firebreather 1 81
Maverick 1 78
Jbone 1 75
SkraggDave 1 72
Jawa 1 69
Vagabond1982uk 1 66
Fireolli 1 63
that_there_phil 1 60
Ringbeard 1 57
Leipziger 1 54
Aswig 1 51
dfunkateer 1 48
Goldengate 1 45
Tintenfisch 1 42
Longstride 1 39**
Pigmental 1 36
The_Martian 1 33
deeferdan 1 30
Littleleadperson 1 27**
Atomacheart 1 24
Fiotkt 1 21
Fink 1 18
WWE2015 1 15
Coos 1 12
campmark 1 9
Gillywonka 1 6**
Dynamike 1 3

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Request to TFF admin - is it possible to get this thread stickied amongst the other tourney series threads?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

speedingbullet wrote:Request to TFF admin - is it possible to get this thread stickied amongst the other tourney series threads?
Report the first post and request a sticky there. More likely to be seen by admin (I can't do it).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Thanks Lunchmoney. Someone seems to have done something already (thanks to whoever that was) as it has jumped to the top of the page.

theBymster
Experienced
Experienced

Post by theBymster »

WOW!
I was just planning how to swap up my teams at the next 4 events, all of which are on the list, now I'm just gonna keep the power play, i'm doing so well!! Lolz!!

what a great idea, I'm just learning who all these legends are that I move amongst. looking forward to seeing more of you at Stafford Scramble...

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Speaking on behalf of the polite part of the Cotswolds, since when has Cheltenham been considered part of the West Midlands???
We completely fail to speak with any sort of nasal accent, our regional slang is non-existent, as is our history of heavy industry.

Someone should write a letter to the editor!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

landrover wrote:Speaking on behalf of the polite part of the Cotswolds, since when has Cheltenham been considered part of the West Midlands???
That’s what I thought! :-?

Elsewhere on here, SAWBBowl (Swindon and Wiltshire etc etc.) is mentioned as being a West Midlands tournament, too. :lol:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.