Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post by frogboy »

Lifting his aching green head off the floor of the currently unoccupied outhouse, frogboy wiped the damp sawdust from his face trying to recall where and who he was. A tangy taste in his mouth and the smell of a dead cat wafting from somewhere promoted more movement from the hungover Blood Bowl Coach. His hand slipped on something soft and wet as he pulled himself up to the stool. Taking no notice he stumbled out the well used and worn toilet door remembering who he was.
That was worse, he must have been drunk everyday since Foul Bowl 2, the celebrations had gotten a little excessive but what a success it had been he thought in a moment of pride, ignoring the torn clothes he now wore and the smell which followed him out into the bright morning sunshine.

The words 'Foul Bowl 3' crossed his mind with a smile and 'is it not the year of the Dragon?'

With that he turned around with a sense of purpose, determined to make Foul Bowl 3 the best one day Blood Bowl Tournament this side of the Deadwood, well it was the only one to date, but the punters wouldn't need to know that. Firstly though, to the river for a wash.

Foul Bowl 3 in partnership with Games Workshop - Together Stronger
One day, 4 rounds

Date
CANCELLED

Venue
Firestorm Games (Cardiff Store)
15 Trade Street
Cardiff
CF10 5DT

Free car park right outside or 5 minute walk from Cardiff Central Train Station.

Cost £15 which includes hot lunch (burgers and chips etc.)
Payments: £15 will be direct to Firestorm games, details to follow.

Timings
First game starts at 09:00 followed by 4 games with lunch sometime between (help yourself). Home time between 18:30 and 19:00.

Team builds and skills
Will be a copy of Euro Bowl Wales 2018 to give people who want it a chance to practice in a tournament environment, but there will be some addition rules thrown in for fun, like neg trait removal for doubles (which you could just ignore), plus of course the chance to win the prestigious Foul Bowl Award.

Tournament Scoring
10 points for a win
5 points for a draw
0 point for a loss
-1000000 points for conceding

Bonus Points
There will be additional Bonus Points available each game from Fouls which result in a Casualty. These will only affect the final standings in a tiebreaker situation, as explained below (1 bonus point per casualty, caused by a Foul Action).

In addition there will be the following rules and bonus points available:
i) 15 points for payment a week or more before the tournament start.
ii) 15 points for submitted legal roster a week or more before tournament start.
iii) 15 points for being on time on the day, ready to start game at 9am.
(Round one draw will be posted in advance)
iv) If the above three points are met then team will also receive 1 free bribe.
v) -1000 points for unpainted teams. Please bring 3 colour minimum painted standard thanks.

Tie Breaker
In the event of a tie with 2 or more coaches having the same amount of points at the end of the tournament then the winner will be decided by the coach with the most Fouls which have resulted in a Casualty. Strength of Schedule will only be used after this if everything else is tied.

New coaches
Welcome as always, if you got any questions then please see links in my signature for previous years events or message me here or on my Facebook page, thanks :orc:
https://www.facebook.com/FoulBowl/

Prizes
Provided on the day by Firestorm Games, Myself & Games Workshop, more details to be released nearer the date
*Anyone on less than 45 points or who did not meet the criteria to receive the free Bribe will not be illegible for prizes*

Models
Painted with 3 Colours, positional's must be clearly identifiable to your opponent, it is encouraged to use numbered players and skill rings or bands to show skills, no proxy's allowed but custom built teams/third party miniatures are fine.
frogboy wrote:*** SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

I will be adding the new teams available on the Games Workshop Blood Bowl App "My Dugout" to the list of playable teams for Foul Bowl 3, these are as follows, Savage Orc, Human Nobility, Dwarf Slayer Hold and Skaven: Pestilent Vermin.
Also any more that are added by Games Workshop between now and then.

Also added in order to support our Cyanide loving friends will be the Khorne and Bretonian rosters.

In true Foul Bowl spirit, nothing is equal, so get to the training grounds and horn them skills ya Gitz :D

With that in mind please remember this has never been a hyper competitive tournament. It will still be a great fun filled day. There will be a prize for best performing App team.

If you can't beat 'em, then hire a troll, or is it join 'em. Not sure which it is now :-?

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - Summer 2018

Post by frogboy »

I am looking for a spare player and general helper. This means depending on numbers/drop outs on the day spare player could be playing or not. Spare player will receive free entry into the venue/gifts and lunch.
Organizer: frogboy
Spare Player: TBC

Interested
01. ceetee
02. nightwing
03. Darkson
05. cornish
07. dreamscreator
08. speedingbullet
10. Angry Hobbit
11. Domfluff
12. FluffytheAlien
13. Twelfman
14. Hamertime
15. TheVoiceofJericho
16. Kremzoid
17. KhorneliusPraxx
18. Raban
19. Gymir
20. Raging82
21. Jip
22. 20phoenix
23. Hobnail

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Foul Bowl 3 - Cardiff - Summer 2018

Post by ceetee »

Interested, date depending.

ct
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Interested of course

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Interested, dates depending.

For a one-dayer with the amount of travel needed, I'd prefer 4 games, but 3 wouldn't necessarily put me off.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Stick with 4 and start on time :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks for the interest, I've emailed venue so planing will commence proper soon.

I am looking for a spare player and general helper. This means depending on numbers/drop outs on the day spare player could be playing or not. Spare player will receive free entry into the venue/gifts and lunch.

sann0638 wrote:Stick with 4 and start on time :)
:lol:

I was there on time :orc: If you register and run Score again we could even go for 5 games this time ;)

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

4 games prioritises the event above other 3 game day events for me in an already tight calendar. When I get my pass to go roll at the weekend I need to get as many games in as I can!

What I find a little frustrating at many tournaments (not yours Rory this is just a general comment in an effort to speed up events) is when we get tied to timing schedules. I would rather get the next round up and advertised as soon as the previous one is into score, than be waiting around for the scheduled 'on the hour' listing. For me this means that you can setup or even start early so that you can take more time to chat chat to your opponent during the game rather than be too rushed. I also believe then if you are a slow player then you can get going. Some of the speedier players like Dan and Al (!) wouldn't need to but it would help others who can typically overun. With that allowance for slower players to begin slightly sooner (even during lunch) would mean that administrators really would be within their rights to call the games after the two allotted hours. Anyway - that's just my thoughts and I'm sure others disagree and like the mingling.

NAF Name: Cornish
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Pretty reasonable statement Cornish. Personally my timetables are guidelines only and I adjust as the day goes on.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Interested. But 4 matches only please. Travel time means I'm unlikely to attend for only 3.

In fact all 1-dayers, listen up please. 3 games isnt good enough. Sort yourselves out :P

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Interested depending on dates. As other, 4 games better :)

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I haven't yet made it to Foul Bowl but I am very interested and I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, although to echo the comments of others, this would be less likely if you reduce it from 4 games to 3.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

cornish wrote:4 games prioritises the event above other 3 game day events for me in an already tight calendar. When I get my pass to go roll at the weekend I need to get as many games in as I can!

What I find a little frustrating at many tournaments (not yours Rory this is just a general comment in an effort to speed up events) is when we get tied to timing schedules. I would rather get the next round up and advertised as soon as the previous one is into score...

...Anyway - that's just my thoughts and I'm sure others disagree and like the mingling.

Thanks buddy, I always strive to get my NAF Git to post rounds on time lol :D

Problem this year was drop out's combined with last minute POTD (or not) and people turning up late meant we couldn't do the draw.

I think this time around I will expect all payments and registration via email latest a week before event, there will be no POTD, That way the draw can be posted for round one with a penalty for people running late. Then coaches are free to start playing as soon as the doors open.
Also being more strict on calling games, no more "just one more turn" or "but i'm about to score!" Whistle is blown its the end of the game.

If i do the above then possibly do 4 games again, but look at Crumb, 3 games for years and loads of coaches turning up to that, and its not even as good (shush don't tell glow) :lol:

One other change I will be making to Foul Bowl 3 is the prizes will not be coming out of my own pocket this time around, I am now a student with no job, all payments will be through the venue (if they agree to this) and prize support will be through them and be dependent on participation, this wont make a massive difference to the players but will mean i wont be stressed out thinking am i going to cover my costs this year and having to deal with refunds etc.

rabble rabble rabble :puke:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

If it helps anyone's decision making, Foul Bowl 3 is part of SWTC 2018 :)
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44300

edit: unfortunately not anymore due to Frogboy's choice to remove himself and his tournament from the NAF. As the SWTC is a NAF thing only NAF events are part of it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:If it helps anyone's decision making, Foul Bowl 3 is part of SWTC 2018 :)
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44300
Thanks Lunch, date confirmed as 28th July 2018