Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Foul Bowl 3 - Cardiff - 28th July 2018

Post by sann0638 »

As ever, happen to lend any team.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by KhorneliusPraxx »

I will paint a new team for this tourney I will gladly bring my WE, Kemri, or Lizardmen if anybody needs them. I just need to know before I leave because I will not be able to 'just run home' to get them.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

*** SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Seriously considering adding the new teams available on the Games Workshop Blood Bowl App "My Dugout" to the list of playable teams for Foul Bowl 3, these are as follows, Savage Orc, Human Nobility, Dwarf Slayer Hold and Skaven: Pestilent Vermin.

In true Foul Bowl spirit, nothing is equal, so get to the training grounds and horn them skills ya Gitz :D

With that in mind please remember this has never been a hyper competitive tournament so if your worried about Rankings then just bring a different team, or one of the new one's. It will still be a great fun filled day. There will be a prize for best performing App team.

If you can't beat 'em, then hire a troll, join 'em. Not sure which it is now :-?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Hi Rory, could you post a link to these new rosters please. Some of us have phones that cant even handle a simple app :P

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

There isn't a legal one.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Im guessing its the same as if you want to use any of the teams/inducments etc, purchase the rules.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

frogboy wrote:Im guessing its the same as if you want to use any of the teams/inducments etc, purchase the rules.
What if we've no intention of bringing any of the the app teams though? I don't fancy paying for an app I'll never use, just in case I face a team I might never play again. :o

Know there's a cut-off for this one, but think I'm gonna wait 'til as close to that as I can to pay, just to see what else gets added between then and now; we've gone from contemplating three free bribes to four new teams, in less than a week! :lol:
lunchmoney wrote:If it helps anyone's decision making, Foul Bowl 3 is part of SWTC 2018 :)
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44300
Puts an interesting slant on this, too. If a coach up for the SWTC drew all four app teams in their games, they wouldn't have been there, NAF ranking-wise! :wink:

Edit: Looks like the SWTC doesn't use NAF rankings, so turns out that's irrelevant. Savage Orcs for all!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Jip wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:If it helps anyone's decision making, Foul Bowl 3 is part of SWTC 2018 :)
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=44300
Puts an interesting slant on this, too. If a coach up for the SWTC drew all four app teams in their games, they wouldn't have been there, NAF ranking-wise! :wink:

Edit: Looks like the SWTC doesn't use NAF rankings, so turns out that's irrelevant. Savage Orcs for all!
Correct. SWTC uses the final placings in the table for points. However the race used would count for the three different races rule.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Jip wrote:
frogboy wrote:Im guessing its the same as if you want to use any of the teams/inducments etc, purchase the rules.
What if we've no intention of bringing any of the the app teams though? I don't fancy paying for an app I'll never use, just in case I face a team I might never play again. :o

Know there's a cut-off for this one, but think I'm gonna wait 'til as close to that as I can to pay, just to see what else gets added between then and now; we've gone from contemplating three free bribes to four new teams, in less than a week! :lol:
You only need to bring the rules for the team your playing, same as any other tournements, stop being difficult.

I'm entitled to question community about a rules pack that I am preparing and haven't wrote yet. After all i am not doing this for my self am I.

Paying late etc. Wont effect me. If you dont wont to come then dont. I had too many drop outs last year and lost money for second year running. I think i was quite clear where ticket moneys went if you read the thread and went the extra mile to provide decent prizes and also secured some extra thanks to Tritex and Firestorm Games.
But due to the above unfortunately i have had to ask Firestorm to directly control ticket sales this year and prizes will all come from there. It wont hurt me if you dont pay on time, you just wont play.

I'm saying this because i know what a struggle it is to organise a tournement, and it does hurt to try your hardest to make a fun day for the community and then someone comes and laughs at your effots, i'm lucky that i have firestorm to fall back on but other TOs have to stuggle on their own or with a loan from the NAF. So if your if your reading this then please dont leave it to the last minuite to pay for tournements if you dont have too.

My tickets are not on sale yet, my rule pack is not finished and once released it wont change once tickets have been paid for.

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

If you are interested in feedback about the four app teams, my personal opinion is I don`t think it a good idea to add them to a tournament. I think they generally are not good enough known in the community to be added. Also: I believe everyone says they should be seen as "experimental" and then, in my opinion, shouldn`t be used in something that is even remotely competetive.

Heck, I haven`t even realized it is 4 app teams now.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Woah, I'm saying I want to come, not that I'm taking a dig!

You only need to bring the rules for the team your playing, same as any other tournements, stop being difficult.
All the teams I can play at other tournaments are in the rules I already have. Without having the rules for the non-CRP races (only available on the BB App or grainy internet photos), people won't know what they're playing until they're sat in front of it. I've got no idea what a Dwarf Dragonslayer does (didn't even know they existed 'til I just Googled it), I'd like to be able to know what I'm playing before it's right in front of me.

I'm entitled to question community about a rules pack that I am preparing and haven't wrote yet. After all i am not doing this for my self am I.
Completely agree, the last people to do that came under a bit of fire too though. Ironically, that's probably the same drive that led to the NAF running the Khorne/Bretts vote, and look how that's gone for them! Your enthusiasm for Foul Bowl is what made me want to go this year (and next year). It just seems a bit of a scattershot delivery of these new ideas, which is what's causing a bit of hostility elsewhere. I voted for Bretts and Khorne, I like new stuff, too! :lol:

Paying late etc. Wont effect me. If you dont wont to come then dont. I had too many drop outs last year and lost money for second year running. I think i was quite clear where ticket moneys went if you read the thread and went the extra mile to provide decent prizes and also secured some extra thanks to Tritex and Firestorm Games.
But due to the above unfortunately i have had to ask Firestorm to directly control ticket sales this year and prizes will all come from there. It wont hurt me if you dont pay on time, you just wont play.

Again, I think maybe I'm being misinterpreted and I've not questioned where ticket money went. :o The prizes were great, I still use my dice and, at Chimera Cup, I fouled one of Twelfman's players off the pitch with his Foul Bowl dice - and of course I rolled doubles for the injury! :lol:
My point is just that I'd wait to see what the final rules looked like before paying up. If it was just a re-run of this year's ruleset, I'd pay up now. I think it's fair to wait and see what we're buying if it's potentially vastly different from what it was previously?

I'm saying this because i know what a struggle it is to organise a tournement, and it does hurt to try your hardest to make a fun day for the community and then someone comes and laughs at your effots, i'm lucky that i have firestorm to fall back on but other TOs have to stuggle on their own or with a loan from the NAF. So if your if your reading this then please dont leave it to the last minuite to pay for tournements if you dont have too.
I've posted elsewhere about how I'd never fancy running a tournament, it seems a truly thankless task. As for anyone that laughed at your (or anyone else's efforts), I guess people are welcome to try and improve on things if they think they can do a better job, but rarely do! With that said, you're being pretty vocal about the NAF 'dying a death', I envy the NAF committee even less than I do TOs. Like you guys, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't and damned if they put it to a vote, too!

My tickets are not on sale yet, my rule pack is not finished and once released it wont change once tickets have been paid for.
That's good enough for me, I'll keep and eye on here and hopefully see you next year!

As I've said over on Twitter (which is an embarrassing car crash with BB stuff today, worse than the BB Facebook group usually is!), I think a lot of the animosity of this is people who are still hung up on the Brett/Khorne thing. It means your completely legitimate 'I'm entitled to question community about a rules pack that I am preparing and haven't wrote yet' is being unfairly re-branded as an example of negative reactions that can happen with stuff like the new races vote.

It's just toy soldiers, but I'd never target a TO (e.g. you) or a NAF representative (e.g. Sann) for doing something I don't have the patience, aspiration or thick skin to attempt to do better, myself.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

JiP your making this into something its not, I run a tournament which was never meant to be competitive, decide to add a few teams to the mix, most of the comments of twitter are coming from people who wont go to Foul Bowl anyway because its not competitive.

Its nothing to do with Khorne and Brets.

As far as adding the 4 new teams, i don't see it a problem, as most people say they are not over powered. Perhaps in later development in a league, but not with limited skills like in a tournament, no more so than any other team with a favorable skill set, Wood Elves at Exebowl (if there was only 1 tier and all teams only had 4 skills restricted to 2 of the same) for example are probably the to best team.

Your argument about them not being available to you is just daft tbh. Go to any other system and you will find that its the same, people who attend 40k tournaments don't buy all the books, if little Johnny turns up with his Orcs and Blood Bowl rule book out the box set and nothing else then that is fine. Its the same for you if you don't want to purchase the app and support Games Workshop then don't.

I think it will be a sad day though if people can't bring themselves to attend out of protest or whatever. There's no real reason not to, you all had fun last two years so just see it as a challenge.

Ticket sales are a big part of prizes/venue hire etc. its why I mentioned it.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

straume wrote:If you are interested in feedback about the four app teams, my personal opinion is I don`t think it a good idea to add them to a tournament. I think they generally are not good enough known in the community to be added. Also: I believe everyone says they should be seen as "experimental" and then, in my opinion, shouldn`t be used in something that is even remotely competetive.

Heck, I haven`t even realized it is 4 app teams now.
Thanks straume, appreciate that.

Maybe we will see if they are any good then ;)

Boneless

Post by Boneless »

From a NAF sanctioning point of view. Has this not gained it sanctioning based on the info given? To change what races are and are not coming is essetially changing that info.

Might be worth checking with Nate that you can do this with out compromising your NAF sanctioning.

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

hawca wrote:From a NAF sanctioning point of view. Has this not gained it sanctioning based on the info given? To change what races are and are not coming is essetially changing that info.

Might be worth checking with Nate that you can do this with out compromising your NAF sanctioning.
Thanks buddy, will talk it over with you at some point before applying for Sanctioning and explain my reasons but I'm seeing Mike on Saturday (room in the car if you want to come Exebowl) anyway so will have a chat with him too about possibilities and what not.

Not writting the rules proper until after this Khorne/Brets thing is done anyway so theres no rush.