Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Foul Bowl 3 - Cardiff - 28th July 2018

Post by Darkson »

frogboy wrote:Your argument about them not being available to you is just daft tbh. Go to any other system and you will find that its the same, people who attend 40k tournaments don't buy all the books, if little Johnny turns up with his Orcs and Blood Bowl rule book out the box set and nothing else then that is fine. Its the same for you if you don't want to purchase the app and support Games Workshop then don't.
I get where JiP is coming from on that one - hell, I've had games with experienced BB players where we've both made mistakes about the statlines of little used Stars, now add in teams that aren't even freely available? I wouldn't want to have to spend a game repeatedly checking an opponent's phone to see the stat line of their players. And of course, they can print/write a roster out, but then I have no way of checking if it's correct or not.

And BB isn't the same as 40k - BB has (since the late 90s) had all the teams available for all, whether you play them or not.

[And in the fairness of full disclosure, it's unlikely I can make Foul Bowl, as I'm due to be on holiday over that weekend, so it doesn't make a huge amount of difference to me, just my POV as a tournament goer (and TO).]

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

I thought for some reason you already had Naf approval lol.

You know where I am.

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

hawca wrote:I thought for some reason you already had Naf approval lol.
2018 Foul Bowl already approved... https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?mod ... ew&id=3633
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:
hawca wrote:I thought for some reason you already had Naf approval lol.
2018 Foul Bowl already approved... https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?mod ... ew&id=3633
Thats weird, did i press someones button lol

Seriously though cant remember doing anything on the NAF site other than create a thread on the forum.

Pre-emptive strike by the other side perhaps?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It's got your name on it...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

sann0638 wrote:It's got your name on it...
Well i can't apply for sanctioning without writting the rules, and even if i did why is it Sanctioned with no rules?

When was it applied for and when was the last time i visited the NAF site? Maybe someones hacked my account?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

That seems very unlikely. No records are kept of when tournaments apply for sanctioning.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok just to be clear, i did not apply for sanctioning for this tournement

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I suggest you ask Nate (Gaixo) to remove it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

@Jip apologies is this why you thought Foul Bowl was £20? In stead of £15??? Its even got the wrong price for tickets. So wierd...

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

He can delete it himself, or I can. Or he can ask Nate. All roads...

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by KhorneliusPraxx »

Don't delete it...just make sure it is sanctionable. ;-)

I am coming a loooooooong way and am trying to make up for my Orques going 0-5 in France this year. :roll:

The whole reason I found this tourney was because I was looking for a sanctioned tournament in Wales. I know there is that other one but I am not coming to Wales in the dead of winter. That seems like a horrible holiday plan.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

***ANNOUNCEMENT***
Well it has been an eventful week of Blood Bowl. I've been out the loop since Foul Bowl 2 but it came to my attention that there where 4 new teams available on the "My Dugout" BB App recently and am considering using them at Foul Bowl 3 next year.

I posted a thread in TFF and on my Twitter page to find out more about the teams and genuinely thought these teams could be an interesting inclusion to my tournament. You can see for yourselves the responses these gained.

Unfortunately the NAF do not seem to be to inclined to want this to happen. I have made a lot of friends at NAF tournaments and its difficult not to upset certain people around this touchy subject.

My initial reasoning for including these teams was just out of interest and for no other reason and as I have been trying to support the community in South Wales for a while and thought as local people are interest in variety this would be a good thing.
So it is unfortunate that I have to at this time go on without the NAF and their Sanctioning. I will still be running Foul Bowl as a Blood Bowl tournament and hope that anyone who fancies coming along for a great day of Blood Bowl without the pressures of Rankings will do so and feel free to use any of the 30 teams now available. There will be a prize for highest placed my dugout "App Team".

I was at the excellent Exebowl tournament yesterday and it reminded me why I go to tournaments in the first place, its not for the NAF gift, its not for the Rankings, its to meet friends new and old, to socialize in the wacky world of all and play the best game ever, Blood Bowl, BLOOD BOWL BLOOD BOWL!

This year was great, so come a support Blood Bowl and lets see if we can make the next one even better.

Cheers,
frogboy
https://www.facebook.com/FoulBowl/posts ... tif_t=like

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

I'll be there!

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

frogboy wrote:
sann0638 wrote:It's got your name on it...
Well i can't apply for sanctioning without writting the rules, and even if i did why is it Sanctioned with no rules?

When was it applied for and when was the last time i visited the NAF site? Maybe someones hacked my account?
It was sanctioned based on the opening post of this thread, in which you suggest the rules will be similar to those for EuroBowl 2018. Given the profile of the event, I felt confident that I'd be notified if you'd gone a different direction with it.

Judging by the tournament ID #, it was probably submitted around the middle of last month. Unless someone knows your password or changed your password (in which case you'd be unable to log in), they wouldn't be able to create a tournament with your name on it.