eXiles Open X: Back to BasiX - 8&9 Sept '18 - Dionysian won

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: eXiles Open X: Back to BasiX - 8&9 Sept '18 - Dionysian

Post by lunchmoney »

The room was very hot, yes. Apparently the air is circulated around the building meaning the whole place gets the hot air from the swimming pool.

If I go there again I'll see about getting a few fans.

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

That was great fun Al, count me in for next year. Loved the venue, it was nice and warm :)

I could bring a couple of big fans next year if you need.

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

lunchmoney wrote:Thoughts, feedback and constructive criticism welcome :)
- I would prefer the "normal" Swiss in round 2. I don`t really see the point in going double random there (apart from the general fun of changing stuff). If you were to keep double random I would like to know what is it you try and achieve with it.

- The room was fine (albeit a little humid/hot with the pool), but I like better a location at the local pub. That is British BB to me (which obviusly might be quite wrong). So, not really complaining; I just like the "play at a pub"-vibe. Which you don`t get in a community centre.

- I don`t mind the back to basics-rules, but I guess as Spence mentioned different rule sets might give more viable race picks.

- Saturday curry was great and well organised. This is something I always like to see, the organisers "forcing" people to socialice with an even meal option. Even when Team Wales is the ones you get to hang with ,but you can only work with what you have :lol:

Overall: Well organised, nice prices and a friendly vibe to it.

- Oh! The points system. When asked for feedback I would stress that I would prefer 2-1-0. And I never understand why 3-1-0 is so dominating.

Finally: If you could ban Hawk for dicing me to bits that would be great :P

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

The two rounds of random before Swiss was an idea I wanted to try for no other reason than I wanted to try it and see the outcome. I find it interesting that some liked it and some prefer just the opening round. A topic for discussion maybe? (edit: I've opened that topic here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=45241)

The venue was a last minute saver due to the previous place being dicks. I haven't don't many tourneys in pubs, most of the ones I get to are in community halls, conference rooms and the like. Interesting to see that the UK BB scene is seen as more pub oriented. I may or may not be at the same place again, depends if I find something else in the interim.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95