Killie Bowl, Kilmarnock, 4th November

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JackH25
Rookie
Rookie

Killie Bowl, Kilmarnock, 4th November

Post by JackH25 »

Killie Bowl 4th November 2017

https://www.facebook.com/events/1953288424903513

Entry to Killie Bowl will be £10 for NAF members, New members to NAF will have their membership paid for. This price Includes lunch of a scotch pie and a canned drink. Please send payment via paypal as friends and family to scottdpaton@btinternet.com

The event is being held at the Memory Lane, Kilmarnock. There is free parking at the venue and surrounding area. Bus station is 10 minutes walk away. Train station is a 5 minute walk away.

What you need,
- A fully painted blood bowl team
- Two copies of team roster
- Dice and templates
-Pitch and dugouts

Tournament rules
- Blood Bowl 2016https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/ ... e-v1-3.pdf
- All 24 teams allowed
-1,100,000 gps for team creation
- Only bribes, Babes and masterchef inducements allowed
- Star players allowed after 11 rostered players.
-Swiss system resurrection tournament.

Skill selection
Teams have a number of gold pieces to purchase skills (20k normal, 30k for doubles) depending on race tier. NO stacking of skills. NO stat increases can be purchased.

Tier 1: Amazons, Chaos dwarf, Dark elves, Dwarf, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead and wood elves 100,000 GPs

Tier 2: Chaos, Chaos pact, Pro elves, High elves, Humans, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Underworld, Slaan and Vampire 120,000 GPs

Tier 3: Halfing, Goblin and Ogre 140,000 GPs

0900 Registration and set-up
0945 Game 1
1145 Lunch
1215 Game 2
1415 Break
1430 Game 3
1630 Results and prizes.

Scoring system
-Win 3 points
-Draw 1 point
-Loss 0 points

Tie breakers will be resolved by strength of schedule.

Paid list
JackH (Spare man)
Tanzwut
Vanguard
Boobootroid
Sadface
Garrick
Sporran
fromherashes
Purdindas
Mr Bison
Awesome
gwi1874
AllyRdr
MARZM
Goldeneye
HumptyTrump
Aidhan Higgins *New NAF*
DonShula
Iain Ciplinski *New NAF*

Reason: ''
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Re: Grumpy Goblin, Kilmarnock, 4th November

Post by Leipziger »

Interested :)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Should be in for this, especially if it's a Killie pie. :D

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

May I enquire why: "NO more than two copies of same skill."?

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

JackH25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JackH25 »

@vanguard it will be the award winning pie of the year 2017 scotch pie from Brownings.

@Carrick due to there being no restrictions on the number of doubles taken, I put it in just to save any exploitation of skill selection.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

JackH25 wrote: @Carrick due to there being no restrictions on the number of doubles taken, I put it in just to save any exploitation of skill selection.
Just out of interest what do you believe the possible "exploitation" to be?

Skill builds based on duplicate skills are the optimal way to make certain teams competitive, such as the Dwarfs with guard and the Lizardmen with block (possibly also Dark Elves with dodging up the blitzers but I'm not 100% sure on that). Other highly competitive teams such as Norse, Wood Elves and Undead suffer in absolutely no way in a skill set situation that sets a limit on duplication.

In this set for example I would even think twice about humans as I typically like three guard.

I'm just wondering if this was considered to the full or if this was just sort of an arbitrary restriction placed on the rules pack for the sake of it, or to avoid the spectre of guard dwarfs everyone seems to be irrationally hysterical about?

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

nonumber wrote:
JackH25 wrote: @Garrick due to there being no restrictions on the number of doubles taken, I put it in just to save any exploitation of skill selection.
Just out of interest what do you believe the possible "exploitation" to be?

Skill builds based on duplicate skills are the optimal way to make certain teams competitive, such as the Dwarfs with guard and the Lizardmen with block (possibly also Dark Elves with dodging up the blitzers but I'm not 100% sure on that). Other highly competitive teams such as Norse, Wood Elves and Undead suffer in absolutely no way in a skill set situation that sets a limit on duplication.

In this set for example I would even think twice about humans as I typically like three guard.

I'm just wondering if this was considered to the full or if this was just sort of an arbitrary restriction placed on the rules pack for the sake of it, or to avoid the spectre of guard dwarfs everyone seems to be irrationally hysterical about?
+1

JackH25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JackH25 »

The idea for the comp was that I believed that it would create skill diversity instead of the 'classic' choices. I felt that is was tier 3 teams that suffered the most from the restriction, even though I would love to have 4 block ogres.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

JackH25 wrote:The idea for the comp was that I believed that it would create skill diversity instead of the 'classic' choices. I felt that is was tier 3 teams that suffered the most from the restriction, even though I would love to have 4 block ogres.
Not too late to modify this restriction out :wink:

TBH Tier 3 teams need every advantage they can get.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

JackH25 wrote:The idea for the comp was that I believed that it would create skill diversity instead of the 'classic' choices. I felt that is was tier 3 teams that suffered the most from the restriction, even though I would love to have 4 block ogres.
I see. This is in no way a criticism and I wish you all the luck for the tournament I just think it's good to consider things to the full before they make it into a rules pack.

Again, for some of the strongest races in the game skill diversity IS the "classic" choice. Wood Elves - Strip Ball, Tackle, Leader, Wrestle, Block. Undead - Guard, Guard, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Block Wrestle. Norse - Guard, Guard, Block, Block, Mighty Blow, Dodge... all pretty much the optimal skill selections (some discussion here and there) for some of the top competitive teams in the game in NO WAY affected by this skill restriction.

Basically, by restricting skills all you're doing is making certain teams weaker (neither of which are the top two statistically, Undead and Wood Elves.)

Just for the record you are by far NOT the only tourney with such restrictions, but as this happened to be the tourney I was looking at I thought I'd bring it up :lol:

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

nonumber wrote:
I see. This is in no way a criticism and I wish you all the luck for the tournament I just think it's good to consider things to the full before they make it into a rules pack.

Again, for some of the strongest races in the game skill diversity IS the "classic" choice. Wood Elves - Strip Ball, Tackle, Leader, Wrestle, Block. Undead - Guard, Guard, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Block Wrestle. Norse - Guard, Guard, Block, Block, Mighty Blow, Dodge... all pretty much the optimal skill selections (some discussion here and there) for some of the top competitive teams in the game in NO WAY affected by this skill restriction.

Basically, by restricting skills all you're doing is making certain teams weaker (neither of which are the top two statistically, Undead and Wood Elves.)

Just for the record you are by far NOT the only tourney with such restrictions, but as this happened to be the tourney I was looking at I thought I'd bring it up :lol:
It used to be a common rule in Scotland but all the other tournaments dropped it for the reasons you have outlined above.

fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

Interested :)

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Definitely interested as not too far from EK. Just need to be sure I'm off work.

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Me and the lads may make the trip north for this.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
JackH25
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JackH25 »

The more the merrier. Have space for up to 40 people. Have had to change venue as previous one has been sold. Original post has been updated with the info. Thanks.