Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 24th June 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 1st July 2017

Post by lunchmoney »

SWTC 2017 video, thanks to Daipiranha

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:SWTC 2017 video, thanks to Daipiranha
Thank you, I will add it to my page later where people can Like and enjoy it :)
frogboy wrote:Howdy sports fans, update here. You will now be able to follow the build up to Foul Bowl 2 on the Facepunch scrolls https://www.facebook.com/FoulBowl/

Please Like the page to ensure you don't miss out on all the action and get a chance to win your very own Foul Bowl Dice, coming soon...

Thanks,
frogboy

Foul Bowl 2, its in the pain...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Free set of FOUL BOWL dice for the first 20 sign ups, coming soon...
IMG_20160823_182605.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Free drink for all international coaches :orc:

Tickets will be on sale from next week, first 20 sign ups receive set of Foul Bowl dice at the event.

If you're in two minds about how amazing the location is then check out this independent celebrity blog post which has a little review about the venue a paragraph down from the top. http://gavthorpe.co.uk/2016/04/13/event-report-daffcon/ Check out the new TV Screens, perfect for all them half time Cable Vision re-plays 8)

Really hope we can make this bigger and better than the first Foul Bowl. We had some great prizes and hope to replicate this again at Foul Bowl 2. Its an exciting time for Blood Bowl and I'm really looking forward to running another event, well apart from the embarrassing Prize giving, how weird is that mind standing up in front of a crowd. May have to employ Glowworm or some other loud and abusive person to stand in for me :wink:

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Cornish is international right!?

NAF Name: Cornish
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

cornish wrote:Cornish is international right!?
Yeah, course! :D

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

The venue has been penciled in and confirmed. Once I have got the contract signed I will be taking payments.

In the mean time, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, check out The Grotty Little Newspaper that our friends over on FUMMBL write. There's a sweet article about the pros and cons of taking a Sneaky Git. Obviously take this with a pinch of salt were the Rules for Foul Bowl are concerned. You might want to have a handful of Gits if your going to survive FOUL BOWL

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modlo ... 30&page=11

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Howdy Sports Fans.

Whilst booking the venue I realized that there may have been a change in the opening times, so bearing in mind that this year we were a little rushed to squeeze in 4 games, potentially loosing another hour may mean its too much to have a 4 game event over one day (I will double check if I need to re-apply for NAF Sanctioning).
I would really like some feedback on options as far as possibly changing the number of games and or days the tournament is run over.

Options are as follows, although not confirmed from the venue yet;

A) Play 3 games on Saturday only - Will still be NAF Sanctioned but will need a bigger turn out than this year to grant a NAF Trophy.

B) Play 5 games over two days, Saturday 3 games and Sunday 2 games - Bonus of having a great night out in Cardiff with a relaxed second day and late start on the Sunday morning. Also a NAF sanctioned event but needed less for the NAF Trophy. Cost of entry will increase.

C) Play 3 games Saturday NAF Sanctioned, but also throw in a bonus round or two (non-compulsory) on the Friday night for anyone who would be able to make it. Venue is open until 11pm with a fully stocked bar and full list of takeaways that deliver. This could be separate rule set like a mini tournament with a simple prize or two depending on how many coaches would be up for it. Or we could play any other gaming system really, like a bit of a social and warm up before the main event on the Saturday.

Thanks,
frogboy

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I struggle to get a pass to many weekend events - so option A for me.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

One day works best for me, much easier to get to.

Also, can tier 3 teams use both doubles to remove two negatraits?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Trumpkin wrote:One day works best for me, much easier to get to.

Also, can tier 3 teams use both doubles to remove two negatraits?
Yes mate, so you could have two Trolls on a Goblin team with no 'Aways Hungry' or you could take 'Loner' and 'Really Stupid' off a Beast of Nurgle for example.

So I've been in touch with Firestorm Games and it's all good to stay the same. They will open up when we need them so we can still get 4 games in on the Saturday.

Saying that, if anyone is coming over for the weekend and wants to check out the venue Friday Night it's open for gaming until 11pm and also Sunday (both are club days so plenty of people around for pick up games). So post up your interest and we can sort something out or go to the Vale Renegades web site and sign up to see what's happening and arrange games http://vale-renegades.freeforums.net

I'm going to be opening up registration today so keep your eyes pealed. First 20 sign ups can collect a set of Custom Foul Bowl dice on the day.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ticket Prices £15 NAF (includes lunch) PAYMENTS MADE TOO PAYPAL FRIENDS GIFT: foulbowl@gmail.com
First 20 sign ups receive custom Foul Bowl Dice, collect on the day
NAF Registration available on the day for additional £5 (includes gift)

Timings
Registration 09:00
Game 1 09.10 - 11.10
Game 2 11.20 - 13.20
Lunch
Game 3 13:50 - 15:50
Game 4 16:00 - 18:00
Awards
Close 18:30

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

frogboy wrote:First 20 sign ups receive custom Fowl Bowl Dice
Chicken dice?

;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:
frogboy wrote:First 20 sign ups receive custom Fowl Bowl Dice
Chicken dice?

;)

Ha yeah that's right. You a yellow belly chicken if you fail to turn up...

Foul Bowl, it's in the Pain!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

What a cheap marketing plot . . . offering dice to people that sign up this far in advance for a tournament . . . . what idiot is going to fall for that???

Oh . . . . I appear to have paid!