ExeBowl 3 - 15/10/16 - * Winner - CeeTee *

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

pyroTJ
Rookie
Rookie

Re: ExeBowl 3 - 15/10/16 - * Full *

Post by pyroTJ »

Any news on the rules for the colleges of magic, i.e what gifts you might receive?

Reason: ''
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

Crap.... Can I get on the reserve list please

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Hawk wrote:Crap.... Can I get on the reserve list please
No, because your on holiday!!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Paid :D

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Evening all, just a quick note to say that I'll be updating everything and responding to any questions after this weekend. I'm on top of the reserves etc and will try and get a couple of extra tables added. Work is manic and finding any free time is tough. My big project goes live this weekend so I will have more time after that. I pride myself on my communication and I've not been able to get to things as quickly as I'd like. Everything is in hand though and we're on track for another great ExeBowl :)

More soon.

Pete

Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

Hi mate...

Really sorry but i have just remembered why i couldnt come this year.. I flight to the Algarve the day before 8) . Hope you have a great tourney as usual :D

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Thanks Hawk. Have a great holiday.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

I've had lots of food choices come through but not many rosters. Please could you start sending them in. I'd like them a week before to give me a chance to check them and collate them etc. Thanks Pete.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: ExeBowl 3 - 15/10/16 - * Full, Rosters needed *

Post by nazgob »

Is there any chance we could see the colleges? #powergamer

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Rosters and food sent! And booked in to stay with my parents, thought I should mention it to them...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

HairyPete77 wrote:I've had lots of food choices come through but not many rosters. Please could you start sending them in. I'd like them a week before to give me a chance to check them and collate them etc. Thanks Pete.
Roster sent.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

What do the college's of magic rules do?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Thanks for the rosters those that have sent them. Keep 'em coming, the rest of you.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

And for all you power games out there...

From the first post:
The twist this year is that the Colleges of Magic (the 10 from Dungeon Bowl) are trying to help the teams. Before each game coaches will roll a D10 to see which college is supporting them and then a D6 to see what gift the wizards have given the team. Gifts will stay with players for the rest of the tournament and they can stack! Gifts will be skills, some good...some bad.
This means that wizards from the ten colleges are looking to get out of the dungeons and into the overground variant of the game; but they still want to see some of the type of play that they like and enjoy. To help make this happen they will be using their magic to influence the games by bestowing 'gifts' on the teams before each game.

Before each game both coaches will roll a D10 (or any other way of making a random number between 1 and 10). This will select the college. Each college is roughly aligned to a race which I have aligned to a style of play - bash, dash etc.

Once the college is selected, each coach will roll a D6 to see which gift has been awarded. Gifts will be skills (no stat increases). Gifts could be positive or negative and will be things like Bonehead, Extra arms etc. They can stack and can be added to any player on the rosters except for Star Players.

The colleges/gifts grid will be the same for each game and I'll provide a copy of the grid for each table at the start of the day. I won't publish the grid before the event.

Coaches will need to write down the gifts on their rosters throughout the day and make it clear to their opponents. You may need some extra skill markers.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I don't know about anyone else but since my last minute entry into this event I've become increasingly more excited about the shrouds of mystery behind the rule set and more importantly, the "Special Guests". Are we talking Mr Blobby and Bungle or some other less exciting characters?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.