BUBBA Bowl III - Bristol - Saturday 20th February

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: BUBBA Bowl III - Bristol - Saturday 20th February

Post by Twelfman »

Loki wrote:
Trumpkin wrote:Ah! Pipped for the Glowworm award by a point! If only Rubick hadn't got 3 cas on me in our game!
sorry you'll have to looks for solace elsewhere, 4 CAS at least to get any of those Bonus points :)
Fair enough so! Maybe next year >:)
Itchen Masack wrote: Now if only we could stop the high elves cheating, things would have been perfect. The manoeuvre Nightwing pulled in match 4 was outrageous :D
Now I'm curious! What happened?

Reason: ''
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Best story of the day has to go to Wobert. He needs to share that story to the community :D

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Itchen Masack wrote:Great tourney, thanks to Loki and the bristol crew :) Had 4 really fun games and rediscovered a little of my goblin passion! To have a ruleset that actually gives a meaningful boost was refreshing. 4 really pleasant opponents too, not a second of whinging as the fanatic set about his business. Fungus however, well he can kiss it :p

Also as I 'work' in a warehouse the temperature was actually just right lol

Now if only we could stop the high elves cheating, things would have been perfect. The manoeuvre Nightwing pulled in match 4 was outrageous :D
Elven bullshit at it's finest. One catcher loitering near the endzone, the other 4 high elf players left on the pitch on the ground as the goblins caged down one side. A Wrestling lineman jumped to his feet, casually dodged into 2 tackle zones (and away from a diving tackle!) to 1 dice the ball carrier, got the pow, and the ball scattered out of play. Ridiculously flukey scatter saw it bounce towards the goblin endzone, landing right next to the catcher who casually picked it up and ran in for 1-0. This at a time when Eldril had already failed dodged himself to death, and most of my team were in the KO box.

It definitely was outrageous! Cheers for the game Itchen, was delighted to get a draw in the end, second half was much tighter with us both mucking up dice rolls all over the pitch!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

It was indeed an awesome game! You broke my heart and then when my goblin landed in 2 tacklezones and just about limped over the line shortly afterwards, it became a match I'll remember for a long time :) Oh yes and the 2nd half was fail all round but equally fun :D

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

If you want a good story, ask Sann about how easy it is for 4 skaven to turn the ball over and score against a full high elf team...

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I had a few games with awesome moments thanks to the dice . . . .

Game 2 - Stangcell has just been on the receiving end of some great dice from me and half his team vanished off the pitch. The ball was on the floor and I had 4 tackle zones on it. With few options he dodged a Wight into the square with the ball on the roll of a 6. Due to a special play card it was a spiked ball . . . any failed pick up and he gets a stab. He duly rolls a 6 for the pick up and then dodges out again and runs away with the ball!! Brilliant.

Game 3 - Lunchmoney's Halflings were making progress up the field . . . Zara the Slayer had the ball and was caged up by flings in the middle of the pitch. Once more the ball was spiked due to a special play card. I played a Pit Trap making Zara drop the ball. Lunchmoney was able to clear some space around it though allowing Zara to try and pick up the ball. Only she failed . . . . I then rolled a 12 for armour and a 12 for the injury. Zara died picking up the ball!!!

All of the ball antics were to bite me in the arse though . . . .

Game 4 - I am generally smashing Trumpkin's High Elves up all over the pitch. He has a ton of players in the injury box but does have a half time 1-0 lead. With about a 4 or 5 player advantage I am confident that I can still get a result in the game, a draw if not a win. All I need to do is pick up the ball . . . . with a sure handed thrower how hard can that be? I then fail 11 out of 12 pick up rolls in a row. All that ball fumbling allows Trumkins battered team to Elf in and score again. When I finally do get the ball in hand I need to play some serious hurry up to get back into it . . . . make a pass and then roll a double 1 for the catch.

Still . . . killing Zara was worth the bad ball karma!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Wobert wrote:Zara died picking up the ball!!!
For sure that won you the match :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

And our big, fat, sweaty, uncut 2.5 hour report!

ImageYou can find it.... Here!Image

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Hi guys - did you award stunty Cup and best painted? If so who won them?

Did Merrick get Most Casualties?

Cheers
Bren

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

No painting award is done at BUBBA and we only give one award per entrant so for CAS Merrick took Stunty Cup and Sann 1st place so CAS went to Wobert; full awards were....

Winner - sann0638
Runner-up - 20pheonix
Glowworm Award - Rubick
Most TD - sfisher91
Most CAS - Wobert
Stunty Cup - Merrick
Wooden Spoon - Stangcell

There was also a 'Highest Elf' award which was outside our awards which was also taken by Sann.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.