ExeBowl I : Winner - Hawk

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ExeBowl I - Exeter,Devon - 18th October 2014 - 1 day/3 g

Post by HairyPete77 »

Back home after the NAFC? Spent the weekend looking at the NAFC coverage (like I have) and want sign up to a tournament? Have Saturday 18th October free and can get to Exeter?

Then come along to ExeBowl.

(shameless post-NAFC tournament post bump)

Reason: ''
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

I am in NZ in October (I live here) but I will be spending December at my in laws in Dawlish. So if you could completely change the date of your tournament that would be just great.

DeeTee
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DeeTee »

Interested. Will check my calendar!

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

Quite possibly, was just informed today that the other half enjoys me being out the house for a day as it allows her to clean without me getting n the way. sounds like a win win situation to me!

NAF: nobbynobbs
nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

also depnding on if darkson goes, and if not (or he isnt driving) trains and if i can get there in time!

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the interest in the tournament so far.

Early days I know and we've had one confirmed and paid up and the guys that play at the club are going to pay up soon. The club are being really supportive and are helping out financially so we're doing this one way or another!

If there are any questions then don't hesitate to get in touch. First time TO here so just doing all I can to get people there, to make sure that when you are there you enjoy it, and hopefully that you want to come back next year.

Pete

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

Is Chris Ely playing? Would like to thank him in person for buying so much stuff off me if I get to go!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Am I missing something or is the price and payment details missing from the first post?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Price and payment details have been added to the original post. The website also includes all of the details and the rules pack etc.

Pete

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Nobby - I must admit that I don't know Chris. I only play BB really and he's not in the league this time around. We have our usual club night on Wednesday though and I'm going to be walking round putting flyers under noses so may meet him.

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

He does play form what he told me as knows glow, hudson etc. But I know he is mainly playing Bolt action at the moment. Anyways, the other half has allowed me a pass for this one :D

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Great news about the pass Nobby :-)

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Quick update:
- We have our 3rd paid up attendee.
- The roster template is just being finalised. It's based on the Halfling Scribe Tournament roster on theNAF.net and hopefully will have all of the tournament pack rules automatically validated for you...so no excuses not to use it and get it in on time ;-)

Pete

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

The tournament roster template has been added to the Rules page on http://www.exebowl.co.uk.

I've done my best to make it validate player and skill selections against our ruleset, so it should be simple to complete.

Pete

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Quick update for everyone :

- I am doing all I can to promote and publicise the tournament. There are flyers up in my local gaming stores and you may have heard the recent shout out on Both Down and seen the banners on the NAF website and Facebook pages. All of the interest that I've had is added to the first post on this thread. Anything that you can do in your gaming groups or club forums to help promote the event would be greatly appreciated. There is an A4 flyer on the front page of the website (http://www.exebowl.co.uk) if that helps. Get in touch if I can help.

- I'm keeping costs down for the first time out but I am still exploring some of the nice-to-have aspects for the event, namely dice/tokens and decent prize support. I know it's a fair way off yet, but the more people that pay their money in the next 4 weeks the more scope I will have for gifts, prizes and support from vendors.

As ever if you have questions about ExeBowl then you can get in touch via this forum, email or Twitter.

Thanks
Pete