ARBBL Open 2009 - Andover, Hants, UK - 7th/8th March 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Darkson wrote:Not at the ARBBL - neither of the crap experimental rosters will be used here, even when we change the rest of the rules to LRB6 (league or tournament).
Even if it means they continue to win your event?

I'm curious if they win again next year how many grumbles you'd get about the ARBBL allowing that "broken" roster to be used.

Might not happen ... but I could easily see it occuring if they win next year.

Its your event Simon and you know I'm a big fan of folks running things their own way. I just know human nature to bitch in situations like this. Its a lot easier to blame a "broken roster" than the fact that one just got outplayed by a better coach.

Galak
Which is exactly the point Galak, the best coach won the tournament, Its Lycos that is broken not Khemri, can we fix him in the rules review :D please :roll:

Reason: ''
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

What are you all on about?

Khemri is an awesome roster at TR115 (like most tier 2 teams, the distance between them gets closer the higher the TR) and it was this that allowed Khemri to win.

I told you to take Necros Dave... :cry: :cry:

You'll probably see A LOT of Khemri teams at tournaments until August so they can get their ratings up before they go from tier 1.5 to tier 2.5 (and virtually out of the tournament scene), so with more Khemri at tournaments, the odds are there's gonna be more winners.

Mr 1-in-20
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

lowsman2 wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Darkson wrote:Not at the ARBBL - neither of the crap experimental rosters will be used here, even when we change the rest of the rules to LRB6 (league or tournament).
Even if it means they continue to win your event?

I'm curious if they win again next year how many grumbles you'd get about the ARBBL allowing that "broken" roster to be used.

Might not happen ... but I could easily see it occuring if they win next year.

Its your event Simon and you know I'm a big fan of folks running things their own way. I just know human nature to bitch in situations like this. Its a lot easier to blame a "broken roster" than the fact that one just got outplayed by a better coach.

Galak
Somewhat ironic as it is moaning about the roster that has got it changed (despite it not being overpowered).

Nah, didn't get outplayed, just got evicted from the table.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Ah, only just read the last two pages. To a large extent Galak, what Leon (Ironjaw) says is a likely situation. With the possibility of Khemri changing to a roster that really doesn't excite a lot of UK coaches, you are very likely going to see quite a bit of Khemri played this summer. And some of those are going to be very good coaches so I can well imagine another Khemri win.

Take the Waterbowl a few weeks before. 52 coaches and LRB6. Not a single Khemri team taken I beleive.

I took Khemri for the very reason Leon states as I want to used them while they are "in my personal opinion please understand" a playable tournament roster. It just so happened that I felt the 115TV and the way the skills combo went, it just looked a good one for Khemri. At Monkeybowl and PKQ in April, it doesnt look so good at all.

And as Pippy says (and I told him this on email on Monday) I did happen to get the right breaks. I played Grumbledook with CDs first game when any later he would probably have had more guard and been the favourite. I then played 3 AV7 teams and as I commented back on page 7 or 8, on Sunday my blocking and AV/INJ rolls were just that bit above average. Yeah I rolled plenty of both downs, but v Sillysod I stayed on the pitch 3 out of 3 and I think removed 3 of his players dead or KO in the process. Now that's not great coaching skill.....that's getting a break when you need it.

TFF mod team
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lycos wrote:Ah, only just read the last two pages. To a large extent Galak, what Leon (Ironjaw) says is a likely situation. With the possibility of Khemri changing to a roster that really doesn't excite a lot of UK coaches, you are very likely going to see quite a bit of Khemri played this summer.
Exactly. I'm hoping to take them to Pearlies so that I've played them at a NAF tournament while they're still a "proper" team. If I want to play a crap team, then I'll take one of the stunty team, which are meant to be crap, and have fun options in them so at least I can enjoy myself playing them (on that point, I really enjoyed playing 'flings at the weekend, because I went into the weekend not expecting to win anything). I'm not going to take a LRB6 Khemri roster to a tourney - why pay to play something that I won't enjoy?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

power gamers :roll:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:..... I really enjoyed playing 'flings at the weekend, because I went into the weekend not expecting to win anything......

happy to help with that. i blame my hangover :oops:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

Very enjoyable tourney Simon, as always. Was nice to see a bigger field.

The gobbo is a lovely figure and was well worth upsetting the wife for. :lol:

It's just a shame Martin had the sniffles and bottled coming.

Thanks again to Dave for his hospitality, even if the poker game did pass me by. :oops:

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

all in on a pair of 4's... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr 1-in-20