Dutch Open 2009 31st Jan-1st Febr.

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Hello all,

Thanks for a brilliant tournament. This was my first DO after years of trying to get there, but I made it, and I'm very glad about it. I had a fantastic weekend and hope to make it to another DO, if you guys can keep the DO on the date prior to my son's birhtday. It was great meeting up with lots of familiar faces and meeting new faces.

A lot of thanks to Draco and Anke, for allowing HellraiserOne, Quermitt and me into their house. Lots of thanks to Lucy and the other organizers for a great weekend. And of course thanks to my opponents. Also thanks to Qu'ermitt and Hellraiserone for keeping up with me, even when I started to act weird.

My games:
Game 1 vs Kool (Wood Elf) - the second best game of the weekend for me. Thoroughly enjoyed it. (Win)

Game 2 vs Maitre Tactac (Norse) - I'll rank this as my third game. Only ranked third because there could have been so much more in it if it hadn't been for those early game-deciding casualties. (Loss)

Game 3 vs Gorbad (Orcs) - Fourth most enjoyable game. Again highly fun, but a headache and lap of concentration made me play like a headless chicken. I was a bit annoyed I didn't offer Ruward better opposition. (Draw)

Game 4 vs Donovan (Skaven) - Least enjoyable because there just wasn't a game. My dwarfs must have been on steroids as they kept piling up rat bodies without Donovan having any chance. The dicerolls were so onesided the game was never really enjoyable. I'm sure Donovan will someday get his revenge. (Win)

Game 5 vs Platos (Slann) - The perfect game to end a perfect weekend. A tense game where I had no idea how to stop those frogs from leaping through my lines at will. In the end it came down to a diceroll. Fast fluent game with lots of tense moments. (Platos even waits to lift up his dicecup just to build tension - the bastard). I'd play any day against such a jovial guy. (Loss)

I am Giselle!

Reason: ''
I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

This was the second DO in a row I had to miss because of the f*in flu. Perhaps an idea to plan future DOs outside the flu season?

I heard mepmuff's the new Dutch champ. Congrats to him, but who won?

Nuffle Sucks!
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Titouch won for the second time in a row.

Great tourney, as always, but the location did not really make it tournament friendly IMO.
With all the players spread out over 4 or 5 different rooms on 3 floors, you can really keep track of what other coaches are doing. I was a fan of the other venue, with the big hall...

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Unfortunately, last year's hall has been demolished with no affordable replacement.
Quellijn is our last ditch venue and as always, we'll be looking for a new venue again next year. Especially since Quellijn has raised it's fee quite a bit.
Their track record for having enough stuff in stock is also quite low.

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Vigfus wrote:I am Giselle!
katsjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj!!! :lol: (inside joke - don't mind)

Had a great weekend! Frenchie after Frenchie was dismissed from my table, but in the end the last one, Titouch proved out to be too much.

I would like to start by thanking the organisation for a great effort! Lot's of players means lots of stuff to do and they did so perfectly.

Then of course the opponents:

Slademortis, I'm sorry for that very one-sided first game. Should have been a lot tenser but all those skulls and ones just kept on coming. I am already looking forward to meeting you again and hope that you won't become dice-raped like you did this weekend.

Mik, what a difference between that second game as opposed to the first one! Being 1-2 down at half time I didn't have that much hopes, certainly not when you double-POW'ed that ghoul. I was very lucky to be able to get that ball from the one side of the pitch to the other! You should fire your rat ogre by the way! Cost you the game ... but that you already knew of course.

Marco, mister Madhobbit himself, Keja. At least I didn't clear your line of scrimmage as I did last time against your halflings ... :lol: Once more a very tense and enjoyable game! These are the ones that make things count!

Maitre-TacTac, what can I say? Over the years I have had good performances against norse, but this match was a little too close for comfort! Great effort, very nice TD in the first half and not really anything you could do against that ghoul that suddenly felt very "pointy-eared" (made loads of 4+ dodges with the guy, passed, dodged some more ... Like we say in Belgium: Chancekar!!!).

And then of course my nemesis, Titouch. I really feel I had to score to prevent your tackle wardancer from leaping into the cage and flooring my ghoul ball carrier. The fact that I wasn't able to get more players of the pitch than that one CAS and one foul made it very difficult to defend against your awesome positional play. When the undead started heading for the KO box in hoards it didn't make life much easier for me ... Congrats on a game well played and a title well defended!

Mark, thanks for letting us stay at your place and my appologies for Vigfus as he was acting even stranger than normal this weekend ...

I enjoyed seeing a lot of faces, both familiar as first-evers, and hope to be there again next year!

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

By the way, we found Sebzilla.
We consider him to be our hostage :P

Should we send him to you or give to someone you'll see soon?

Lucy

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Sebzilla is part of the Benelegacy team. He should go to Olav. Jort brought the whole team with him, so you might want to check with him what to do.

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Quermitt wrote:(inside joke - don't mind)
Oh Seb, please spare us with all the details! :o :-? :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Great show again from the Dutch Open crew, who made it a fluent happening, even when players do not care about sticking with the timetable and arriving late. Maybe penalty points for that in the future?

I had a great time with my ogres and had some thight games at "my table". :wink: Played 5 different races and got what Ogres usually get when they need to start passing the ball. Nowhere.

Seb, Sjapie and Andy. Many thanks for making the happening at my home one to remember again. And Olli, get well soon!

See you all around somewhere on the BB pitches or elsewhere.

Cheers, Draco

Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Draco wrote:...players do not care about sticking with the timetable and arriving late. Maybe penalty points for that in the future?

Noooo!!! :blue:
I want to come back again, you can't do this to me... I'm Italian, you know :lol:

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Panico wrote:
Draco wrote:...players do not care about sticking with the timetable and arriving late. Maybe penalty points for that in the future?

Noooo!!! :blue:
I want to come back again, you can't do this to me... I'm Italian, you know :lol:
Luca, with Titouch around every year, it's not likely you're gonna win that tournament ever again, so who cares about a few minus points! :lol:

Ghostmaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ghostmaker »

Hello all,

the DO 2009 was my first international tournament and it was very nice.
Many thanks to all the organizers.
If it`s possible, I`ll be back next year.

opzij, opzij ...

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Thanks for another great tournament ! Had a lot of fun, but I dont think I'll use Nurgle again... they give me a headache !! :D

Cheers,

JaM

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

JaM wrote:I dont think I'll use Nurgle again... they give me a headache !! :D
No, that was Laraigne :P

Lucy