Albabowl 13/14 June 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Anyway, back on topic.

Thanks to Rob for a great tournament. Really good atmosphere and caravan BB was pretty cool. :) Thanks to all my opponents too.

Any chance of a results run down?

Cheers
Joe

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Ok, i've just woken up after a nice afternoon catch up nap.

Thanks to all for coming up this year. 31 people including a Sunday appearance from Stephen "ithilker" Hutton on the sunday. Yes he still lives. If it keeps growing like this i may need to split the Breakfast into 2 caravans.

Valen - Winner
Stick - Runner up
Leon - Most CAS
Coffindodger - Most TD
Iain Young - Wooden Spurtle
Lucifer - Best Painted (Halflings)
Don_Vito & Corvidius - Best Sportsmanship (For staying on the beach in the pissing rain to complete their beachbowl game. The rosters were paper mache, the basing in the models all washed away, and the printed pitch was soaked and the PVA glue dissolved.
Joemanji/Jimjimany/Lucifer/Ronnie/Polarbear/Ken/Mumbojombo - Trailer Park Trash

Highlights of the weekend?
-Lucifer and Ambush3 having a romantic friday night Sundowner on the beach supping on fruity rum.
-Foxall recieving the first ever ASBO(Albabowl Social Behaviour Order) for getting so hammered on the Homebrew on friday night, and then attacking some blokes caravan at about 2 in the morning just because he asked Foxall to keep it down.
-Arkzein being so plastered on Poteen and homebrew that he couldn't even stand up to play football, and kept ploughing headfirst into the ground.
-Jimjimany snuggling up with polarbear on the Sofa on sunday night.
-Lucifers face when Jimjimany said he'd vote Porritt for NAF due to the fact that all the Ex- Pres's seem to fade away just after their term.
-Jimjimany's face welling up as we hammered at his car wheel to try and break the rust seal on the flat as they were leaving on Monday.
-Valens face when he was given a goblin team painted in celtic colours for game 1. (Randomly chosen.)

Results will go up on the Albabowl website either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post a link as soon as they're done. NAF results will go to Pippy tomorow as well.

Once again, thanks to everyone for coming up and making it Scotlands biggest and best. And still UK favourite tourney. :wink:

Hopefully next year will be bigger and better. And hopefully the cider will be drinkable. As for the event? the usual will be there. BBQ, homebrew. Piss on Squig WILL make an appearance with possibly a league setup for the weekend. The "Old Firmnomenon" will be back, but possibly with an Edinburgh Derby this time. Tho due to popular peer pressure it will be restricted to the bottom half of the tables from round 2 on.

Watch this space for further updates. Including possibly a WAG's sideline tourney for all those other halves who wish to take part. We had 8 WAG's present this year, 4 of which have already mentioned an interest.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

hoomin_erra wrote:If it keeps growing like this i may need to split the Breakfast into 2 caravans.
you fed them a caravan for breakfast?

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Your razorsharp wit is as refeshing as ever Gary Barlow.
You seem to be spending a lot of time in this thread. Are you planning on coming up next year? Let me know, and i'll change the WAG's sideline tourney to "WAG's and Wee Ones" so you can play

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
effe151
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you from all of us

Post by effe151 »

Just big shout out to all you guys for making the effort in coming up and making the weekend what it was.

Rob - you are amazing and we cannot wait until next year. Thank you for all the work you put in to make us all feel welcome and have a great time.

Don-Vito and JR - The highlight of the weekend watching you guys play on the beach, hope you do not catch the cold now, I seemed to have avoided so far!

Phil(who is at this moment in the living room playing an overdue league game) and I had a fantastic weekend(Bring on the WAG-Bowl and Cherry Cider).

See you all next year with my completed Gay Dwarfs including the Nail Varnish.

Thanks all again

Feexx

a wee haggis is for life not just to eat or keep as a pet :P
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Arkzein wrote:Just a quick note that if anyone finds a extra Tan/cream Firetrap jacket laying about it's mine, seems I dropped it and some point and can't remember where... for obvious reasons. ;)
Must be a crappy jacket. It was still hanging on the fence at 10pm Monday night. :wink:

I'll bring it up to the league on Wednesday.

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

dashing young gentleman would like to be re-united with his soulmate for cosy nights in and adventures out. was last seen in a caravan at the albabowl tournament and answers to the name of dutch open board. if seen please telephone 0800-EVIL-GIT

great tournament as always rob, but it seems i must have left my brain as well as everything else in that cravan on the saturday, and that was before most of the drinking had started. i blame geoff creating 8 square chain pushes to take my players from the middle of the aforementioned board which i stupidly thought would be safe to out in the crowd for a hosedown, yeah cheers for that geoff :wink: you're my bestest mate you are :wink:

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Asariel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Asariel »

Ah nice one Rob, cheers. I had that one down as another goner, tatty with running repairs and ink stains but does me well when I know I may be getting a bit worse for wear myself too. ;) Reminds me that I have to bring some models for Kar Meng as well.

Back to recovering for the outing tomorrow. :lol:

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Just want to thank everyone for not stopping me verbally assaulting that old scottish fella during the football because I thought he was trying to get us to pay for the wind break, but it turned out arkzein had gone face-first through it ( :lol: - missed that one unfortunately).

To be fair to the man, when I went round to apologise he was very gracious towards me and when I told him it was a drunken Irish fella, he laughed it off.

Anyway, thanks to everyone- goblins are a laugh and help you relax and enjoy the social aspect of this fantastic tournament- almost went 2-1-0 on the Saturday (if it wasn't for getting almightily elfed by Ken), but thats still nowhere near Rooney, who was the only coach to take points off Gavin.

My favourite moment of the weekend was Geoffs twatting face as he smirked me dodging my stunty chainsaw into 2 tackle zones to chainsaw his mino, not realising secret weapons can't use stunty on the dodge.

Now, got to go buy Cash'n'Guns...how does the policeman work again?

Mr 1-in-20
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Joemanji wrote:It's the non-Loner treemen that are the bigger problem. Never root and never turn over so flings have a reliable cage.
Agreed

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

:oops:

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

PubBowler wrote:
Joemanji wrote:It's the non-Loner treemen that are the bigger problem. Never root and never turn over so flings have a reliable cage.
Agreed
Yup. My plan of waiting for the trees to root didn't really work out...

Thanks to Rob for all the hard work he puts in, not just this weekend, but all the preparation beforehand.

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Can any and all pictures from the Albabowl please be emailed to me at hoominerra@gmail.com

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

mumbojumboist wrote:
PubBowler wrote:
Agreed
Yup. My plan of waiting for the trees to root didn't really work out...

Thanks to Rob for all the hard work he puts in, not just this weekend, but all the preparation beforehand.
I dont have a problem with the chef, 50k is fine for me, but Loner has to go back on those trees, it is ridiculous that when using dwarves you are worried about facing flings.

Anyway, great torni. Thanks for ALL the help over the week I was their Rob, the holiday for my kids would not have been anywhere near as enjoyable if you hadnt helped us out so much. Cant wait to come back next year, just not sure if the kids will be back or not.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Results in.

The goblin matches can't be entered as only one race per individual coach can be entered for a tournament.

btw there's a new world #1 in the rankings: http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?module= ... o&uid=4818

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com