Flame Bowl for Cancer Research 6th-7th December 2008

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Brendan

I think Nick Harding was the fellow I played last game. If it was then he was a new sign up.

Reason: ''
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Toxophilly is a new sign-up too.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Wow.

Mr 1-in-20
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

15th. Wow. I'm very impressed, first tourney I came more than half way up the table for the first time ever!

*happy dance*

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

thechosengobbo wrote:15th. Wow. I'm very impressed, first tourney I came more than half way up the table for the first time ever!

*happy dance*
Dunc, want to borrow my thong for your happy dance? :lol:

Had a cold but great time, big thanks to Mark for running the tourni and everyone who kicked the poop out of me over the weekend.

Highlights:

'Riding the gravy train to top table town' - Going into the final game of the team tournment in joint 1st place! Who said you need to win to be a winner in BB... just take part in a team tournament with other people who can win for you :smoking:

'The sky is the limit' - Scoring 5 out of my 8 TD's over the weekend with Hail Mary after being mocked and laughed at for taking a 'useless skill' on 2 guys. Who's laughing now eh! :lol:

'Its not over till the fat man sings' - After Valen told me i was crap at BB (i seam to get this comment alot, is there something i should know guys?) I put £10 on that my Rotters would come higher in the tourni than his. Never seen Valens hand move so fast as he shook my hand and laughed, 'easy money' ... Think i might have that £10 framed and mounted on my wall big fella :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

'Party boy' - I also do Birthdays, kids partys, weddings, Christmas partys...

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

shaniepoo wrote:Dunc, want to borrow my thong for your happy dance? :lol:
Only if you wash it first :wink:

I completely forgot that you danced to the 'party boy' track. Man that took me longer than it should ahve to download to Petes ipod... It WAS worth it though for that photo of Pippy with his head in his hands :lol:

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

shaniepoo wrote:'Its not over till the fat man sings' - After Valen told me i was crap at BB (i seam to get this comment alot, is there something i should know guys?) I put £10 on that my Rotters would come higher in the tourni than his. Never seen Valens hand move so fast as he shook my hand and laughed, 'easy money' ... Think i might have that £10 framed and mounted on my wall big fella :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:
Stupid scoring system, two wins to your 1 win and a draw and you finish higher :oops: :lol:

Great torni Nippy, see you tommorrow for our league match

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Nippy, thanks for a great weekend. Really well run, and with a great (head ache inducing) team selection system.

Thanks to all my opponents as well for 6 great games and especially to Valen for bringing Nurgle with paper mache armour!

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Damn that Joemanji, suggesting that he was possible to overtake :lol: An impressively clear win there I must say.

Looks like Shanie really was having a good tournament, he nearly beat Lucifer :o

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Cookie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cookie »

Thanks Nippy, was an excellent tournament and glad you reached (and exceeded) your fundraising target!

Well chuffed with best painted, thanks for the votes guys!

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Cheers Nippy. Good tourny!

Was delighted with finally lifting the SC trophy. It was touch and go at the end but I got it done. Probably going to switch to Skaven now. Changed my mind about using Orcs.

Well done Jomanji, although its a team game remember. He could never have done it with out all those defeats Leipziger and I got :lol:

Valen... never mind Shanie, even I finished above you!

I must say I was quite disturbed by the amount of times Lucifer hugged me when I was trying to go home. :lol:

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

SillySod wrote:Damn that Joemanji, suggesting that he was possible to overtake :lol: An impressively clear win there I must say.
Hehe. :wink: It was possible though, if I had lost and you had won by one more TD then you'd have been the champ. I was 1-2 down with only seconds to spare so it wasn't that distant a possibility. :) Needed a GFI into the endzone to equalise ... rolled a 1. :o Thank Nuffle I had an extra re-roll from the kickoff table.
Northernknight wrote:Well done Jomanji, although its a team game remember. He could never have done it with out all those defeats Leipziger and I got :lol:
Indeed, I somehow forgot to thank my elegant teammates for their efforts. :oops: Excellent fellows to a man. Next year if you all take power gaming teams like me we can shoot for the team prize! :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Great job nippy, very well run event and I had a super time despite my awful illness. Thanks also to my team mates, who won me a nice new board (nice job on that aswell mark). The plan was for polarbear to be winning at halftime, so when the games were called he'd win due to only playing one half!

Thanks to my opponents for 6 great games and for putting up with my lack of voice, especially to shanie, who allowed me to score a one turn touchdown

Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Cheers to Nippy for a great tournament, really enjoyed the team element of it. Congratulations to all the winners and many thanks to all my opponents for 6 great games (i'm still trying to work out how I scored 4 TD's and still managed to lose one game, really must work out how to defend :o :D :D ).

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Team scores were as follows:

1. PAINCAKE
polar bear
sillysod
nick harding
jimany 303

2. BLACKSHIRTS
Cookie
Stu
Al
Toxophilly 299

3. KARAOKE
Cracol
Gazza
Matt While
Shanipoo 276

4. HOWAY THE LADS
grumbledook
stick
robjbutler
mamapepe 267

5. CHAOTIC FEW
Lycos
Ambush
Jordell
Valen 249

=6. BRUTAL DELUXE
joemanji
Northern Knight
Beanbag
Leipziger 245

=6. PARMO
Pippy
Glum
Lucifer
Schmee 245

7. BOOTY BATTERERS
Wightlord
thechosengobbo
BIgPete
Ruby 244

8. FLAME ON
Ninjahamster
Barney
Nippy
Sizzling gromril 199

All the results for NAF are entered into the database, apart from a problem with some new member sign ups. This is the same issue as with TrollBowl. It should be sorted and the rankings updated soon.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com