ARBBL Open part II Andover, Hampshire 27/28th Sept 2008

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Right sorted, cheers Dave. Time to sharpen some werewolf claws and howl at the moon :lol:

Reason: ''
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Excitable Rob and Da Sherrif will be joining me at this one now.

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

Nice one. Shaping up to be a fairly decent sized tourney :D .

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wasn't Rob banned from Andover? :wink:

Good work. :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Darkson wrote:Wasn't Rob banned from Andover? :wink:
I didn't mean it! :roll:

Anyway....

After day 1. Don't have all the standings with me, as I forgot to bring the USB stick home :oops: , but Lycos is top on 3 wins, Blitzwing second with 2 wins and a lose, as are about 3 other coaches (but with less points).
14 entrants (all now NAF), with the possibility of 2 or 3 more today.

I'll post the results later, and also the w/t/l records of the 3 new teams (we have 2 pact [Blitzwing and Venemous], 1 slann [sillysod]and 1 underworld [me] team).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Final results (note Geggster only played one game):

Most TDs:

Most Cas:

And for those that attended, if you've any comments, good or bad, let me know, as I'd like the (regular) ARBBL Open to get better.

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Can't see those images, Simon. Who was the winner?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dammit! They were working last night - I'll stick them on photobucket.

Lycos won.

[Edit] Better?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

For those interested, these are the W/D/L records for the 3 teams at this weekends ARBBL.

Chaos Pact (2 teams): 6/3/3

Slann (1 team, plus guest for 1 round): 3/2/2

Underworld (sat out 1 round): 2/0/3

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Darkson wrote:And for those that attended, if you've any comments, good or bad, let me know, as I'd like the (regular) ARBBL Open to get better.
Darkson and the Andover lads put on a a great event. I had an absolutely fantastic Weekend.

Everybody I played was friendly and played the game in good spirit. I'll no doubt see most of you at the Spiky in a couple of weeks.

I also learnt that my Chaos Dwarfs can hit but they just need to remember to carry the ball across the Touch Line (if they could only pick the thing up).

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

And for those that attended, if you've any comments, good or bad, let me know, as I'd like the (regular) ARBBL Open to get better.
Venue was good, location was good, curry and pubs were decent.... just need to fix the coaches ;)

I enjoyed using the Slann although they definately wont be displacing Vampires as my favourite team (leap is effectively a crap hypnogaze). I think I got to understand what makes the team tick though and learnt plenty, especially how frustrating the team is for both players sometimes :)

Thanks all, might might see you at the spikey :D

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

Cheers Simon for putting on another great tourney and thanks to everyone I played for 6 class games. Was good to play against a couple of the new teams (even though they were pretty painful experiences :o :D ) and see you all at Spikey.

Blitzwing
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Blitzwing »

Thx Simon, over all I think it was a very nice tournament, venue was good and the rule set was solid but interesting too with the high team value and inclusion of the new teams.

Playing chaos pact was pretty cool, with the dark elf for ball handling, good average speed and armour along with loads of hitting power they are a very nasty team so long at the big guys behave.

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Good event, i think everyone got on well and i had 6 enjoyable games. Pleased to have played all 3 of the guys in the field that i had never played before. Im also very proud of Scorng just 6 TD`S and having -5 Net cas count and stiil finishing 4-1-1.

Big thanks to Darkson for putting on the event, and thanks again for Dave for getting me there.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

ARBBL 2009 is going ahead, I just need to check dates and things - original date would have clashed with the DungeonBowl, which would be a bad thing(TM).
Probable date is 28th Feb/1st March.