ARBBL Open part II Andover, Hampshire 27/28th Sept 2008

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

ARBBL Open part II Andover, Hampshire 27/28th Sept 2008

Post by Darkson »

With Carnage looking unlikely, I'm trying to see if it's possible to hire the use of the hall here in Andover again, and to run a 2-day tourney, sometime in September (no idea on dates, will know more once I find out if it's not already booked).

It will be a basic tourney - no prizes due to time constraints, so at most, tiicket price will be £10, with a chance it can come down based on numbers. If I can run it though, I'll need money upfront.

More info as and when.

Confirmed dates: 27th and 28th September 2008.

More details tomorrow, when I'll alos get the rulespack finished off and hosted somewhere.

Rules pack: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfz8dsfb_168thzbkdq

Attendees:

Confirmed:
  • 1. Darkson (spare player)
    2. Duttydave (paid)
    3. Lycos
    4. Venemous Breath
    5. Joemanji
    6. firebreather (paid)
    7. Gary (Andover)
    8. Mike (Andover)
    9. Rich (Andover)
    10. Dave (Andover)
    11. Gazza
    12. Matt
    13. Sillysod
    14. Blitzwing
    15. Rob
    16. Da Sherrif
Interested:
  • 1. Sean (Andover)
    2. Sann(?)

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just in case this does go ahead, Slann, Underword and Chaos Pact rosters will be legal.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Just offer money as prizes. :wink:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

I'm fairly sure that I'd be in, the dates would have to clash with something else for me not to be and I dont think theres anything coming up (unless you set the dates right at the end of september).

Would be good to meet osme of the members of the nearest BB club too :)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

I am very interested in this dependant on dates.

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Count me in, and I can talk to a few of the guys too.

This going to be a NAF ranked affair (barring Underworld/Pact/Slann if they are still not in the rankings by then)?

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

NAF-ranked - I'd assume so* - if it goes ahead I'll get it added to the NAF site ASAP.

*Unless there's a NAF rule about amount of time needed before hand?

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Okies..I may just play Chaos Pact for a giggle regardless...unless I change my mind and decide to powergame :wink:

If it goes ahead, let me know if you need a hand.

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

I'd be there again, i like Andover :P

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Yeah, I like Staines too :-?

Gazza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gazza »

I'd be up for this as well if it goes ahead.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Update: I've been given the go-ahead for using the hall, so I'm just waiting on a few other details to be sorted, then I can give a definite date.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Will this be TR110 affair? What sort of skillsets, etc are you planning? Just asking so I can start scheming. I'm taking slann if I get the team built and painted which will be a first so any extra scheming time I can get would be handy :D

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Same as the ARBBL Open - I'll try and find the link to the rules that Lucifer was hosting.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not hosted now, so once I have a confirmed date, I'll get a new pack written up and hosted.

However, the rules:

TR115

LRB5 Rules, the official 21 teams and the 3 “official-but-not-in-the-LRB” teams are allowed.

No Star players/wizards/inducements, except for stunty teams (Halfling, Goblin and Ogre) who can take 1 Star player. All teams must be legal, with at least 11 rostered players. Stars do NOT count towards this total. Halflings may hire a master chef at LRB5 prices and Goblins may take 0-2 Bribes at 50K each.
6 rounds, Swiss System.

Games should last max 2 hours. Due to the time restriction on the location this will be enforced, however regular time checks will be announced throughout the games.

The Event will be NAF ranked

Skills:

BEFORE registration, you may choose 4 normal skills and 2 normal or double skills (no stat increases), max of one per player. Number these skills 1-6 (doubles being #2 and #5) – these are the games they come into effect. All skill choices should be shown on your roster. If you do not allocate skills before game 1, you will not have a skill for that game, and will be asked to choose all skills before round 2.