NAF Tournament in Ann Arbor, MI. Nov 23, 24 2002

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

TH.Lapin wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:Okay ... now I'm confused ... I paid 15 USD for the weekend pass ... what else did I need to do?
Galak
If you check the Pre-Reg pages of the UCon site you'll see that you can also pre register for events. Each event at the convention has it's own costs involved on top of the 15 to get in the door. For the Underworld cup it's $3.00 per time slot, four slots so it comes to $12.00.
I have to admit that kinda wrong or maybe I'm too spoiled by GenCon and Origins where most events are free with your admission unless it was like a Magic the Gathering sealed deck tournament where you needed to also play to cover the 30 USD worth of cards you were given as part of playing in the tournament.

Anyway ... I'm committed now to going .. so I just I need to cough up the other 12 bucks to actually play the game .. :D

Galak

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For those of you who like to get information here:

The 4 rounds of the tournament are:

Saturday:
MN-SA10-5 Round 1 10A-Noon
MN-SA15-1 Round 2 3-5 PM

Sunday:
MN-SU10-2 Round 3 10A-Noon
MN-SU13-1 Round 4 1-3 PM

Hey Neo ... is a different John Lewis the auctioneer for the auction? Says John Lewis is the auctioneer and that the auction runs from 1-4. Which overlaps with Round 2 ... just curious.

Assuming no MUST have auction items looks like there will be penalty of time to play some Dungeonbowl between rounds 1 and 2 if anyone wants to try the board out with me. ... too bad I only have one of them.

Galak

Khankill
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khankill »

I was sort of wondering what this entry fee of 12USD a head was going to get us. I understand the need to rent the hall, but generally that is the price of admission to the CON itself. In my past experience, any game fees were to insure that you actually participate in the game you scheduled (and were refunded upon participation) or for prizes. With just those that have already stated on the board they will attend, this is adding up to a nice stack of change. I am not trying to complain. I just think that an explanation as to why $12.00 would help put mine and other minds and wallets at ease a little.

Mike

I as well will be there regardless and look forward to a great time :D

Twist
Veteran
Veteran

OKAY!

Post by Twist »

I am in! I've just secured transportation to come down there and show you Yanks how the game was meant to be played*. We're gonna foul ya, break some skulls, push ya inta the crowd, you name it, its in the Canuck game plan... Heh heh heh! :lol:

But seriously**, it will be cool to put faces to names, meet the 'merkin BB fanatics***, especially when I'll be seeing your names in the NAF standings shortly. I'm sure it will be a blast!!!

*Provided Lord Nuffle graces me with good dice rolling ability...

**trying to re-earn some sportsmanship votes!

***Especially to see your faces when I'm killing your players!

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:I think the mandatory pen/pencil requirement is a bit unfair.

:lol:
Then again, I took about 15 to Spiky for NAF forms etc, they all went 'walkies' and I ended up borrowing my opponent's! :roll:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Hey Neo ... is a different John Lewis the auctioneer for the auction? Says John Lewis is the auctioneer and that the auction runs from 1-4. Which overlaps with Round 2 ... just curious.Galak
Nope, that's me, I run the auction. I'm hoping ot make it short so I can get in on the second round earlier... or just start it a little late.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Khankill wrote:I was sort of wondering what this entry fee of 12USD a head was going to get us. I understand the need to rent the hall, but generally that is the price of admission to the CON itself.
We will have prizes! The money for each round actually goes to the Con for the space. It's a beautiful hall and we should have plenty of room.

I wish the cost was lower, but I don't have a lot of control over that.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

So do we pay that extra $12 when we get there? I already paid my 15 pre-reg.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:So do we pay that extra $12 when we get there? I already paid my 15 pre-reg.
When you arrive, you'll get tickets for the rounds, each ticket cost $3.
($3 X 4 round = $12.)

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:I already paid my 15 pre-reg.
Anthony, did you get any confirmation from the UCon people about your pre-registration? I payed and recieved my pay-pal reciept but havn't heard anything from UCon.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

Wait, important thing went past there...we can bring our own beverages to the games...right I'm bringing Guinness. I tend to play my Goblins even wilder when the coach is in a FINE mood. ("Hmm...let's see, yeah I think I can take him...that Three Dice your call right?") Just remember my idea of sportsmanship is I expect heckling of my incompetent team if I decide to go Gobbo.

And remember, us Canuck players aren't arrogent, just Superior. :smoking:

Once more into the breach my friends...and make sure the gun-cotton is packed in right too...

Even the Goblin coach gets a +1 to injury rolls! Ow!
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Anthony, did you get any confirmation from the UCon people about your pre-registration? I payed and recieved my pay-pal reciept but havn't heard anything from UCon.
That's what I got as well, no other confirmation. I suggest printing out your PayPal receipt and bringing it with you.

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:That's what I got as well, no other confirmation. I suggest printing out your PayPal receipt and bringing it with you.
I got in touch with some of the gents taking care of pre-regs and they said they haven't sent me anything because they are backlogged at the moment. I'm going to print out the pay pal receipt anyway but they're supposed to be sending out some other confirmations.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Cool, thanks Brian!

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

w00t! The Underworld Cup is this weekend!

The Canadians are meeting at the local trading post tomorrow before hitching up the dog team for the perilous trip to Ann Arbor. Looking forward to meeting the other TBB folks at the tourney, good luck this weekend!