Lowlands Border Brawl 2008 - 2nd August, Turnhout

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Lowlands Border Brawl 2008 - 2nd August, Turnhout

Post by Quermitt »

Hi lowlander inhabitants!

This summer will see the fourth edition already of our Dutch vs. Belgian clash of titans: the Lowlands Border Brawl!

Will the Belgians succeed in drawing 2-2? Or will the Dutchies take a 3-1 lead in these head-on collisions? Only the future will tell ...

To give more details on the practical stuff:

Venue: Technico sports center, Turnhout
Date: 2nd of August
Time schedule:
9u45 - 10u00 House opens - people there @ this time can help set some tables etc.
10u00 - 10u25 Registration
10u30 - 12u30 Game 1
13u00 - 15u00 Game 2
15u30 - 17u30 Game 3
17u45 And the winners are ...

And there have to be some rules as well of course.

LRB 5: rules set to be used
Team selection: each race can only be taken once per nations team as long as other races are still available. So only from the 22nd player people can start picking races that had already been chosen once.
Team value: 1.200.000gps.
Resurrection style: team heals after every game.
Zombies and rotters: undead/necromantic teams can raise zombies and nurgle teams can infect opposing players with the rot as per normal rules. The obtained player can be used immediately but will not be retained for the next round.

Inducements: only halfling master chef (0-1 for 100.000 gps.), halfling waitress (0-2 for 100.000 gps. each) and goblin bribes (0-3 for 50.000 gps. each) are allowed. The master chef rolls three D6 rolls before each half of which each 4+ gives the halflings a 'inspirational play' reroll for the half. For each reroll gained in this way, the chef also steals a reroll from the opponent as they get distracted by the great scents coming from the kitchen. A waitress makes it easier for the opposition to be lured by the scent of the superb food prepared by the master chef as they bring it nearer the pitch, so for each waitress you get a +1 on the rolls to steal the oppositions rerolls.

Skill progression: You get points to be spent before each game. Before the first game you get 10 points and you get 5 points before both the second and the third game. Points can be spent as follows.

1 point: skill normally allowed
2 points: skill allowed on a double
3 points: +1 MA or +1 AV
4 points: +1 AG
5 points: +1 ST

There are two restrictions on this rule. A player can only ever get one stat increase and/or skill normally allowed on a double AND a player can only receive one skill or stat increase before each game.

Scoring system? Need one of those as well!

For the nations cup you will receive 1 point for a win, all the rest is pointless! The team with the highest number of wins gets eternal glory (for one year that is ...).

For the individual tournament you get 300 points for a win, 100 for a draw and 0 for a loss. You can get up to 20 bonus points per game for TD's (3 points each) and/or CAS (2 points each). CAS can be both blocking and fouling CAS.

Coaches will be Swiss paired and will of course never play an opponent from the same national team. So the best Belgian coach will play the best Dutch coach and so on ...

That covers about all the rules and practical information. If you would like to register for the event, please pm either Draco or myself and we will sort things out (hopefully).

Registered thus far:

For Belgium: (18 confirmed)

Quermitt
Kwèk
Xod
eaven
iikon
LordWriggly
Da_Great_MC
Pelle
Magictobe
Zoror
Masterfit
Dreez
Nighthawk
Meneertim
BrassSam
Vigfus
Tanquol
JJ

For the Netherlands: (15)
Draco (El Capitano)
Duke Jan
Jelmer
Menno (Bubble)
mepmuff
Mauz
Straeten
Young Lord Denisar
Ferocious Fleebag
Weerdo
El Condor
Sirsebstir (the Dutch Champion)
Grootemuis
JaM
Vindicta Mickey

Reason: ''
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Okay, small reflection on how the pre-registration is going on.

Belgium thus far has 17 coaches attending with some people that still need to answer but were there the last couple of years so probably this number will increase to about 22 to 23 most probably.

The Netherlands have ... 11 coaches ...

There are two ways we can solve this situation: either we "make" some extra Dutchies (meaning some Belgians play on the Dutch team) or we hold a side tournament in which the "extra" Belgian coaches play against each other.

I personally am no big fan of the first option as this will probably mean the Dutch team being made up of 33% Belgian coaches ...

My suggestion therefore is to have a Dutch team of about 14 (hope you guys manage to get to that number approx.) and a Belgian team of probably somewhere around 22. The first round will be a random draw in which each Dutch coach gets a Belgian opponent and several Belgian coaches play each other in the same format.

In round two the draw will be made that the best Dutch coach plays the best Belgian coach, the second Ducth coach plays the second Belgian coach, and so on. Third round would then be a repeat of the draw for the second round.

This would then mean all Dutch coaches play their games against Belgian coaches and we will have a nice number of games (in the case of 14 Dutchies showing up we will have 42 games) to decide for the nations cup. The Belgian coaches will then just have to take in turns to play Dutchies or other Belgian coaches, but all will be able to enjoy the mood and probably at least play one game against a Dutch player ...

Feel free to ventilate any suggestions in this thread as all ideas are welcome.

Thanks guys!
Seb

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

I think you are a bit "fast" Seb. The Dutch squad is definatly not finished yet. There are still people left I want to invite and I'll make work of that in two weeks time. So until then; hold your horses! :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'm there as well ! :D

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Great to hear you are comming as well JaM! Draco will for sure sign you up on the Dutch team.

It makes me a very glad person to see that we will have the biggest Border Brawl thus far this year: already 34 competing coaches and still several question marks with some.

Next year we just have to try to get to the full 42 meaning each race is represented once on each nation team. That is of course if the Underworld, Chaos Pact and Slann don't become official by then ... Otherwise we need 48 ...

LordWriggly
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LordWriggly »

Aren't the new teams (chaos, underworld & slann) official?

If I remember correctly, somewhere on this forum Galak said they were.

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

LordWriggly wrote:Aren't the new teams (chaos, underworld & slann) official?

If I remember correctly, somewhere on this forum Galak said they were.
As far as I know they have been approved by the BBRC, but are to become official only when GW makes up an appropriate miniature range to depict the team.

So unless I have missed out on something they are not official yet and given the amount of support to Blood Bowl from GW the criteria for making them official might take some time to be fullfilled ... :wink:

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

A team is official when the majority of the participants find it official.

So, I vote that new teams are official.

Quermitt, you can pm the rest to found out if Belgium and that other country above us find that they should be official. Go ahead. :lol: :lol:

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Wrong. A team is offical when the tournament organisers allow them. In this case the tournament organisers do not allow them. :zzz:

LordWriggly
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LordWriggly »

If you want my opinion these organisers are plain big wusses. :evil:

When we have to wait for the official GW models, the icecaps will have melted. :cry:

Quermitt, I thought you could use any excuse to show off your Slann conversions. :wink:

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

LordWriggly wrote:If you want my opinion
If we want your opinion we'll shake with some tin cans! :lol:

kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

Skill progression: You get points to be spent before each game. Before the first game you get 10 points and you get 5 points before both the second and the third game. Points can be spent as follows.

1 point: skill normally allowed
2 points: skill allowed on a double
3 points: +1 MA or +1 AV
4 points: +1 AG
5 points: +1 ST

There are two restrictions on this rule. A player can only ever get one stat increase and/or skill normally allowed on a double AND a player can only receive one skill or stat increase before each game.

Scoring system? Need one of those as well!

isn't that a bit much of the good stuff ?
There is a chance that a team will be having 20 skills, wich is a lot. Consider a dwarf team with 10 times guard, and 10 times MB because they dont benefit that much from doubles. Not to mention an all blodge Elf Team. This can end up in teams that reach 180 TV.
And pls don't give me that crap abouth "good coaching" bla bla bla, cause its a fact that some races will benefit "a lot" more from this system then others.
Also, I'm considering Halflings if we are playing this system because with the small fellows I even have a chance to end up somewhere in the middle. Just because I have acces to a lot of mean skills.

Love the Right Stuff
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Yes, some races will benefit more than others. You say Dwarves and Elves will have the advantage, but we can have only one Dwarf team and four Elf teams and so can the Dutchies.

The system looks a bit outbalanced, but it sure looks fun as well!

And it's not about NAF ranking points either, it's about beating the Dutchies :pissed:

So relax, take it easy 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

As Mats allready said, both sides will benefit from the system as much as the other side.
Seb and I wanted another "fun" tournament. Nothing too serious. Remember that this is about our both nations coming together and have a great time in the first place, 3 games of Bloodbowl included.
And if we don't play a system like this in a tournement evvironmetn, then how will we ever know if it's gonna be fun? :wink:

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Great reply, my big brother in arms!

Just don't mind too much about all the rules but make sure you have great fun in the first place!

Oh, and beat as many Dutchies as we throw at you ... :D