The Waterbowl presents: 'Stunty Slam' PHOTOS ADDED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

The Waterbowl presents: 'Stunty Slam' PHOTOS ADDED

Post by Leipziger »

ATTENTION

In one of my earlier posts on a different forum, I stated that the Master Chef can be hired as a Star Player. This was an error. He can be bought by Halfling coaches only for a cost of 100k but does not count towards the star player allocation. These are the same rules that we use at the Waterbowl Weekender. Apologies for any confusion.

Ok, it is now official! The inaugural Stunty Slam will take place at the Vine Inn, Manchester on the 12th July 2008 (it is a Saturday). It is a one day tournament to celebrate the joy of all things Stunty! The tournament is open to Goblin, Halfling and Ogre teams.

It will run from 9am-7pm and we have employed a bar person to be there specially to provide you with drinks :) (pub actually opens at 12 to the rest of the world). On my last visit they were even serving Hobgoblin :)

There will be four games, but the schedule will be fairly tight and will rely on keeping the games to 2 hours or less.

Price: £6.00

NB:Apologies to those who can't make this date. However, if this goes well, then I hope to organise a Winter Slam.

To make a payment, please go to www.paypal.com and pay into the account: waterbowl@hotmail.co.uk

If you do not have a paypal account, please contact me via pm and we can make other arrangements.

NEWSFLASH

The rulespack is now complete (although there may the odd tweak or two before the day regarding points...) and available from:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/waterbowl/files/

Just click on 'Stunty Cup Alpha' to download.

If you do not have a yahoo account, pm me with your email address and I will send you a copy :)

Leipziger *paid*
Polar Bear *paid*
Jimmy *paid*
Beanbag *paid*
Wightlord *paid*
Levinas *paid*
Dazlamb *paid*
Fire Olli *paid*
Gorgoroth *paid*
Shaniepoo *paid*
Barney the Lurker *paid*
The Chosen Gobbo *paid*
JJB *paid*
Ambush3 *paid*
WilburS *paid*
Ginger Ninja
Peter Jones*paid*
Hoomin *paid*
Evil Git *paid*
PubBowler *paid*
Jordell

SOLD OUT!

The Waterbowl presents: ‘STUNTY SLAM’

Date: Saturday July 12th 2008

Venue:

The Vine Inn
42-44 Kennedy Street
Manchester, M2 4BQ
0161 236 3943

Check out www.thevineinn.com for more details of the venue.

Start time: 9 am

First there came Stunty Cup, a showcase for the little guys of blood bowl that runs as part of a larger tournament. Now there comes, Stunty Slam! A showcase for the stunties to show themselves off, with not a Wood Elf or Mummy in sight to steal their thunder. There will be more than stunty honour at stake as the teams take their place at the inaugural Stunty Slam – the Minor Major, if you will.

We promise you 4 great games, some good opponents, a nice prize or two, as well as some unlikely prize categories…

Payment & Contact Details

Entry to the tournament costs only £6. Payment is by paypal (go to www.paypal.com and pay your entry fee into the account waterbowl@hotmail.co.uk) or cheque (email Alex at waterbowl@hotmail.co.uk for the address).

If you need to contact me on the day, my number is xxxxxxxxxx

Schedule:

9am – Registration

9.15 – Game 1

11.30 – Game 2

1.30 Lunch

2pm – Game 3

4.30 – Game 4

6.45 – Results/Prizes

We only have the venue from 9am until 7pm, so we have to be prompt with finishing games. 2 hours only will be allowed, I am afraid.

Team Design

*TR 110.
*There must be a minimum of 11 players on your team roster.
*Star players are allowed.
*Only Goblin, Halfling, Ogre (including all snotling line-ups) are eligible to play.

There is no skills progression.

Result Points
Win 4
Draw 2
Loss 0

The following bonus points are available:

+1 for 3+ casualties caused
+1 for 3+ TDs scored

*Casualties caused by blocking and crowd pushing count for the casualty score. Fouling, blocking squigs, failed dodges and failed GFI casualties do not.

**As well as TDs and casualties, please record how many big guys were killed in your games and also how many throw team mate TDs were scored (i.e. the player was picked up, thrown and then scored in the same turn). These are being recorded for the ‘Frequent Flyer (Most TTM TDs)’ and ‘Big Game Hunter’ prizes.

Rounds

There are four rounds and each will be played in a different stadium:

- Round 1: Desolated Wastelands
- Round 2: Graveyard
- Round 3: Desert
- Round 4: Squig Bowl

Please see the following pages 3 and 4 for the special stadia/squig rules.

Spot Prizes

Spot prizes will be awarded for the following:

Round 1 – first bonehead/take root
Round 2 – first touchdown
Round 3 – first double skulls
Round 4 – first self-inflicted casualty (e.g. casualty from failed dodge, failed landing roll, GFI, from rolling a skull or both down and then being put out of the game).

Round 1 - Desolated Wastelands – Weather Table

Roll 2D6

2 – Earth Tremor – The ground is constantly shaking. At the end of every turn, roll a D6 for each player from the moving team. On a roll of 1, that player loses their balance and falls over. No armour roll is made – players are simply placed prone.

3 – Strong Winds – Immediately roll randomly on the scatter template to determine wind direction. The result is the direction of the strong wind. All kick-offs and inaccurate passes will scatter an additional D6 squares in this direction before normal scatter rolls are made.

4-10 – Nice – Perfect blood bowl weather.

11 – Pouring Rain – A persistent downpour is making the ball slippery and difficult to hold. This causes a –1 modifier on all attempts to handle the ball, including picking up the ball and all catch rolls.

12- Lava Bombs – A local volcanic explosion is raining lava lumps down on the game. Treat all players as if they are boneheaded – representing the need to constantly look skyward to prevent being brained by flying lumps of debris.

Round 2 - Graveyard – Weather Table

Roll 2D6

2 – Baying Mob – A baying mob has shown up fed up with yet another maiden disappearance. Select one team and one random member of that team. The chosen player is lynched and will not take any further part in the game – although they will return for the next match once the mistaken identity is resolved. Re-roll further incidences of ‘Baying Mob’

3-4 – Fog – A real pea-souper has descended on the game! Sprinting is not possible – so GFIs are prohibited and MA is restricted to 6 squares. Only quick or short passes may be attempted and the referee will not be able to spot any fouls.

5-9 – Nice – Perfect blood bowl weather.

10-11 – Pouring Rain – A persistent downpour is making the ball slippery and difficult to hold. This causes a –1 modifier on all attempts to handle the ball, including picking up the ball and all catch rolls.

12- Lightning – The air is lit up by regular lightning strikes… When the moving team ends its turn during a lightning storm, roll a D6. If the result is a 1, a player from that team, randomly selected, has been struck by lightning. Place prone and roll for armour and injury as I hit by Mighty Blow

Round 3 – Desert – Weather Table

Roll 2D6

2-4 – Sweltering Heat – It is so hot that some players collapse from heat exhaustion. Roll a D6 for each player on the pitch after a TD is scored or a half ends. On a roll of 1, the player collapses. Place him in the reserve box in the dugout. He may not take part in the next kick-off, but will available for the drive after that.

5-7 – Very Sunny – A glorious day, but the blinding sunshine causes a –1 modifier on all attempts at pass actions.

8-10 – Nice – Perfect blood bowl weather.

11 – Strong Winds – Immediately roll randomly on the scatter template to determine wind direction. The result is the direction of the strong wind. All kick-offs and inaccurate passes will scatter an additional D6 squares in this direction before normal scatter rolls are made.

12 – Sand Storm – The shifting sands have been stirred up into a violent sand storm and visibility is severely affected. No passes may be attempted and GFIs are prohibited. Furthermore, the referee has taken sanctuary from the storm and will not send anyone off.

Round 4 – Squig Bowl! – Rules

The ball is a Squig! All actions that can be done with a normal ball can be done with a squig.

Squig Test – The Squig Bowl rules often call for a Squig Test. To make the test, roll a D6. On a 2+, the test is passed. Re-rolls cannot be used on a Squig Test.

Wandering Squigs – If, at the end of a turn, the Squig is in an empty square, not carried by a player, it may begin to roam. On a successful Squig Test, it wanders D3 squares. Roll the direction of MA randomly for each square.

If it moves through a player’s square, they can try to grab it as if it were a bouncing ball. If they cannot keep hold of it, the squig leaps aside (scatter to an adjacent square) and then continues on its way, if it has MA left. If the squig moves onto a square occupied by a prone/stunned player, or a player with no hands, it scatters away as above.

If a player carrying the squig declares an action, make a Squig Test. On a failed test, the squig jumps free and moves off D3 squares, as above. This is not a turn-over and the player is free to continue their go.

Split Personality! – If the rollfor a squig’s D3 move was a 6, the squig splits in two. After the first squig has finished moving, move a second squig D3 squares away.

Also, if a squig lands in an empty square after a failed pick-up, fumble, pass that is not caught or kick-off, make a Squig Test – on a failed test, the squig splits in two. In this case, the original does not bounce, assuming its required to (it is more of a splat!), but the second squig moves off D3 squares randomly, as above.

If two squigs end up in the same square, scatter one of them away. If there is any dispute as to which squig should be scattered, decide the order randomly. Players made not pick-up, catch or intercept a squig if they are already carrying one. Teams are still limited to one pass action and one hand-off action per turn, regardless of the number of squigs in play. Squigs do not have tackle zones, so players do not have to make dodge rolls to move near them and can’t be prevented from assisting a block by a squig.

Scoring – You can score a TD with any squig. After a TD/end of the half, all excess squigs are removed from the field of play, leaving you with one squig for the next drive. If a squig is kicked into touch, it is destroyed by the crowd, unless it is the last one. In which case, the stewards ensure it is returned to the field of play.

Blocking Squigs – Squigs can be blocked/blitzed as if they were opposing players. Squigs can only be assisted by other squigs. If a squig is knocked over, make a Squig Test. If the test is failed, then the squig splits in two, as above. IMPORTANT! Blocking the last squig off the pitch is a special penalty that counts as a TD for the opposition! In addition, the offending player is sent off for the remainder of the match. This works in a similar way to scoring a TD in your opponent’s turn. Re-set up and move your opponent’s turn marker along once.

Squig – MA 6 ST 1 Ag__* AV 6 Skills: Dodge, Jump Up, No Hands, Side Step **, Regenerate,
Squishy***
*Squigs are so tiny and slippery that they automatically pass all AG checks required of them.
** Squigs are dumb! If the squig is pushed back following a block, the opposing coach will decide which square the squig is pushed into.
*** New skill: Squishy. Squishy players are automatically injured following a failed armour roll, and are removed from the pitch.

Reason: ''
Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Paid :D

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Payment received! Thanks Matt :)

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

I'm only going if the rest of us combined have more posts on this topic than you!

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

What do you mean ;)?

thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

I'll be paying shortly. (In an effort to help us all outnumber Leipzigers posts on the thread I was tempted to make a single post for each word here :lol: )

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

I'm very interested. How far is the venue from the train station? (I'd probably leave to go back to London in the evening.)

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Not too far JJB. Probably 15-20 minutes on foot from Piccadilly. We could arrange someone to come and meet you, if you were coming in that morning. Will double check the distance tonight and get back to you :)

JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

Cool, thanks for that. The 6.00am train from London arrives a Manchester Piccadilly at 8.50am, so I could just about make it in the morning too.

dazlamb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dazlamb »

Cool I will catch a train to Piccadilly and walk there so I can have a few pints :D

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

What a waste of time! I cant make that date so how can it possibly be seen as a true test for anybody else!

BOOOOOOOOOOO to those who couldnt wait until September.

thechosengobbo

Post by thechosengobbo »

Funnily enough, I'm going to be going in on the train in the morning, and I know Manchester.

More importantly, I remember drinking in that pub before.

Mayhap I could save sending someone else by simply waiting at the station with a 'stunties' sign or someting :lol:

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

thechosengobbo wrote: Mayhap I could save sending someone else by simply waiting at the station with a 'stunties' sign or someting :lol:
You could write it on the back of my WaterBowl sign!

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

JJB - checked out route last night and I think 15-20 mins would be fine to get to the venue from piccadilly station :)

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Good luck to all participants! I would have loved to be there with Podfrey's Pie Munchers, but alas I've booked to be elsewhere that weekend. Rumours of Leipziger receiving large wads of cash to rig the date are totally unfounded. Allegedly. :wink:

Looks like I'll have to up my bribes for the winter one...... :lol: