Toy soldier 2008 26th - 27th July Preston UK

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

No sorry not this year.

Reason: ''
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who took part in Toy Soldier 2008. The blood bowl was played over 2 days with 5 games.

I had a great time and played against some great people. I haven't played in many tournements but its the first one where i haven't won a game or lost a game. 5 draws with four 0-0 and one 1-1. I was using Chaos dwarves and Darren lamb who was using orcs also managed 5 draws :o .

I hope you all had a great time and hope to see you all next year.

P.S. Results will be on NAF website and i will put them on here as well. Also can people give me feed back on the rules and skill set that was used.

Many thanks

Oliver. :smoking:

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by darren woodward »

Hi Oli, had a ball.

Many thanks to you, JTY and the other organisers. Great games against Trev, Geoff, Barry, Brendon & Rob. Good to meet you all; hope to see you on the circuit at some point soon.

I'm very aware that i rode my luck this wkd but i'm still claiming it :lol: :wink:

Later, d

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Tonight at 9pm the dice have been scheduled for exorcism followed by summary execution :lol:

Congrats to Bren for a flawless display, big BOOOO!!!!! to Matt for bailing Glum out, massive well done to Meena (12 games ever) for doing so well, sterling effort from Gav for avoiding last place with Undead and, despite results, good to play some "new" faces to the scene and see that BB continues to draw previous players back into its fold. All warm and fuzzy feeling inside from that.

Stat increases made for interesting and new tactics (damn, wish I'd practiced now!) but I think it is a mistake to allow skills and stats to stack. In reality it meant that everyone had the equivalent of a 300K Star Player and the game was decided on how much one player on your team did versus how much the one player on the opponents did.

Obviously some teams did extremely well from that set of enhancements (Undead) whereas others as much, hence why the only other set of stat increases (Waterbowl) allows a choice of stat increases/skills combos.

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

I dont think Amazons did badly either (Str 4 Blodging Guarder... :o ). Enjoyed all the games and the venue was good too. Next time Glyn can paint his own team!

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Wightlord wrote:I dont think Amazons did badly either (Str 4 Blodging Guarder... :o ). Enjoyed all the games and the venue was good too. Next time Glyn can paint his own team!
i prefered the ST4 Blodging/Frenzied approach :D

I shall not buy another goddamn thing from THAT company
EvilTrev
Rookie
Rookie

Post by EvilTrev »

Great weekend, Thanks to all my opposition, lads and lasses, and of course to the organisers. Look forward to more BB this year. Have to keep track of whats coming up.

Trev
PS Darrens finally claimed that tourney win over me that hes always missed out on! :pissed: Well done matey.

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

fire olli wrote:
P.S. Results will be on NAF website and i will put them on here as well. Also can people give me feed back on the rules and skill set that was used.
Results are on the site. Awaiting the magic button for recalculation...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Place Name

1 Brendan Spencelayh
2 Darren Woodward
3 Glyn Ellis
4 Matthew Shearn
5 Barry Joyner
6 James Gradwell
7 Ollie Deller
8 Geoff Porritt
9 Darren Lamb
10 Rob Cullen
11 Trevor Allen
12 Rob Newton
13 Meenakshi Minnis
14 Mark Elsdon
15 Gavin Sutton
16 Brian McGonigle
17 Steven Ralph
18 Andrew Carr
19 Gerard Courtney
20 Charles Sims

I think the skills worked ok but i know some people were not keen on the stacking. Some people said that the faster teams would do better and maybe they did. well i shall think about next year and see what i can come up with.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

NAF rankings updated

TFF mod team
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Wightlord wrote:I dont think Amazons did badly either (Str 4 Blodging Guarder... :o ).
Er, well yes, that's one option, but I never stacked my skills. Hmmm... lessons there? :lol:

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

EvilTrev wrote:
PS Darrens finally claimed that tourney win over me that hes always missed out on! :pissed: Well done matey.
Finally broke my duck against you. Bit of payback for "that" WAB game :D

The girlies played dirty all wkd - suspect there's a couple of WDs who are still in the KO bin :wink:

I shall not buy another goddamn thing from THAT company