HQ Bowl 2008, September 20-21, Sint-Niklaas (Belgium)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

Like last year, this tournament was great.
Because you guys finally get enough "teams" together, the format was also a lot more fun to play. I loved the idea of sitting with "my team" the entire tournament.

Hopefully we'll meet again next year.

Reason: ''
Love the Right Stuff
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stunty All Stars took the best prizes of the tournament home with them AND also the prizes of Best Painted (Vigfus) and Most CAS (Zorror).

Hudson! Eat your hart out. The spoon is at my home now and in the trophey cabinet. I dare say, best trophey ever to win. Magische Tube, BIG thanks for making it! :D

So, where to begin.

Thanks to Seb first for again being able to live with me for a few days and not getting a mental breakdown. See you at Colleges.

Then to my teammates, Christof and Wouter for playing in the spirit of the Stunty All Stars. And Christof for making the T-shirts that are now probably worth € 200,00 on ebay. :lol:

Pelle. Thanks for organising and for not telling the entire truth after round four mentioning that the "Wooden Spoons" were safe in our hands. We calculated that they were not.

Game one. We played the winners of the tounament (though we did not know that). I lost 7-1 to Robbert's skaven with my halflings. And that is always better than losing 8-0! :P

Game two. The team allready secured last place and therefor we had our own table for the rest of the tournament. Nico. He allready beat my ogres with his skaven, this time the rats ran all over the place around my halflings, resulting in 5-0. But I did score my first point of the tournament there! :)

Game three. Lost again, this time to Wood elves. Jelle was ever so lucky in this game. So it ended in 4-1 for him. Otherwise it might have been 4-2! (Oh, wait, that's still a loss isn't it?

So after day one, the Stunty All Stars have a 0-0-9 record to start day 2.

Game four. The defending Spoon champions. This wood be the battle for the spoon, and I have to hand it to our opponents, they did their best to win it! Zorror got the first draw againt Maité. She still has never won against "my ogres". :wink: Christoph lost to David's Khemri after chopping up some mummies. And I took the lead against Tom de Wulfs necro. The only casualties in that game BTW were made by the crowd in turn one. A halfling died because of a frenzied Werewolf, but wolfie got a taste of his own medicin and got beaten up as well.:) At 2-1 to Tom in the first half, the halfling to make 2-2 scattered out of range for the touchdown, otherwise it would have been 2-2 and who knows what might have happened, because Tom was throwing lousy dice. In the end he broke through though and made it 3-1.

Game five. thinking we have the wouden Spoon safely in our backpacks, the All Star Stunties decide it's time to show they could win the tournament as well. Victim's: the international team with OON-Zorror (A draw), Hudson-Vigfus and WYSIWYG against myself. These games were really alugh all around. Vigfus was losing players to a deathroller, but in the end he outCASed Hudson's dwarves and made it a 2-1 win.

WYSIWYG had no chance against my powerflings at all. Turn one I kill a treeman and catcher, turn two a lino follows and turn three the last catcher leaves the pitch. A couple of fouls later, only three players out left on the pitch and Im 1-0 (WAVE!) up. Great play by my opponent to make it 1-1 where I thought I was going to make it 2-0 before halftime. But with hardly anything on the pitch left and no more rerolls to spend (The Chef finally found his cooking gear) the 2-1 was easily made in turn 5 and with two players left (3 diving Tacklers on my LOS) there was no more question that the best team had won. :wink:

In the end we are happy that Zorror did not make our win complete, because that would have cost us the Wooden Spoon. This way, it landed where it belonged.

Let's see if we can defend our title next year!

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Ok, after a good night's sleep (actually I overslept...) and dropping off the last foreign coach at the train station, I can thank everybody again for showing up, and making the tournament very fun and enjoyable.
I think everybody had a great time, everybody liked the format, there were loads of prizes and beer, and a lot of mayhem on the field.
You can already enter the date for the following HQ Bowl: September 19th and 20th 2009. I hope to see you all there.
PS @ OON and Hudson: I'm expecting a full French squad and a full Cornwall squad ;)

Results will be up later today or tomorrow.

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

Probably tomorow then?
I hope you guys make sure, that the new NAF members will be in the results?

Love the Right Stuff
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

kwèk wrote:Probably tomorow then?
I hope you guys make sure, that the new NAF members will be in the results?
Just received an email from Tom, saying that it will be Thursday earliest that the results will be entered.

The new NAF member (Kimoterr - welcome to the NAF) has been entered in the system, so his results will be taken into account.

Little more patience ...

Carloz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Carloz »

Thx to the HQ-guys for a great tourney.
Lots of fun!

And to Sjapie: I hate goblins :lol:

All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee. (TP)
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Big thanks to Tom and the team. I had a great weekend. I will be back with a stunty team next year.

Teluriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Teluriel »

And the results? Anxious to know :)

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Results.

Teams:
1) UCL (Dwarves, Undead, Skaven) - 359 points
2) Old Skool Never Dies (Norsca, Dwarves, Orcs) - 334 points
3) Bond Zonder Naam (Dark Elves, Skaven, Undead) - 299 points

Individual:
1) JJ (Dwarves) - 146 points
2) kwèk (Undead) - 145 points
3) Da_Great_MC - 144 points

Wooden Spoon:
Stunty All Stars (Halflings, Goblins, Ogres) - 138 points

Most TD:
Magictobe - Dark Elves: 14

Most CAS:
Zoror - Ogres: 17

Best Painted:
vigfus - Goblins

Sunday Comeback:
iik0n - Khemri

Most Travelled:
Hudson

when the NAF Site is back up, I'll upload the results in there.

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Results are in the NAF site, waiting for someone to push the magic button...

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Done!

Results have been processed and we finally have a Belgian coach in the NAF top 50 ...

Congrats to Mats!

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Well, I was going to post a bit earlier, but got a bit too much tangled up in work. Anyway, a great weekend, my only concern is that I could not make it last year.

So this was another great tournament. The Stunty all stars pulled of their stunt, Winning the wooden spoon and even beaten the second last. We must be good.

First of all a big thanks to Pelle and the HQ crew for a spotless organization, even going so far as to provide us a spare coach when we found out on Saturdaymorning that Driesfield's food/drinks had been spiked.
(Local investigations have already identified JJ and Quermitt to be in the coastal area on friday)

Then my teammates: Draco and Zoror. Well we showed them, we showed them good who the Stunty all stars are. I had a really enjoyable weekend, and my teammates have a lot to do for it. We may have been sitting at the last table, but we were the only ones who actually had their 'own' table, which was located very near the bar as well. Who says we were last table. The atmosphere was great.

The games:
First up was JJ, who I managed to break into a sweat playing his dwarfs with my gobbo's as soon the dwarfs were behind 1-0. Near halftime he even ran away from the table, having to go down for some 'fresh' air. In the end my casualty box was full of dead and injured gobbo's, most of them due to failed dodges or go for it's (much to JJ's frustration). Not enough players on the pitch allowed JJ to actually rob our victory and pocket a 1-2 victory. I claim this a moral victory. A great game

Second game was versus the magische Tube with his Dark elves. Well, I cannot say I wasn't warned. Quermitt told me you are induced to play in a silly manner against him. It wasn't long before somehow my players started to jump straight into the dead and injury box. The sillyness soon struck and Trolls were looking stupid, tossing gobbo's in the air and in the crowd. I don't know what it is about Bart, but Quermitt is right, he somehow tricks you to start to play silly. A great opponent, sorrily enough the dice didn't cooperate to make this a great game.

Third game versus Carloz and his Skaven. With the ball and chain on the starting line and major mayhem was caused in the beginning half. Besides an injured rat there were 6 Skaven recuperating in the KO box. After a TD in the 8th gobbo turn, the skaven managed a 1 turner in their final turn of the half. That seemed to have given the skitterish rats enough confidence and all players from the KO box entered the pitch again. I had to restart it all over again. In the end the gobbo's came very near to winning 3-2, but managed to mispass. Another victory robbed from under our little green noses at the whistle 2-3 to Carloz. Dratz. Great game though, and from the amount of curses and the hilarity of his fellow coaches, a sure moral victory over the skaven.

Forth game versus Iikon and his Khemri. Whatever thoughts Iikon had about the gobbo's being an easy walkover were quickly dispatched as on turn one, a mummy was immediately driven off to the nearest waste recycling plant. Gradually the gobbo's thinned the Khemri ranks and were on the verge of scoring when a stupid miscount allowed the Khemri to blitz a ball carrier in scoring position (I had counted 1 too little squares). Instead of the score going up to 1-0 for the gobbo's the game boiled down to desparate fumbble for the ball, when finally a failed dodge meant the Khemri could finally score. I almost scored the equalizer but the gobbo's didn't want to pass anymore. A great game, well deserved win for Iikon. In the end the khemri had a beating as they had 3 mummies knocked out of the game, one of which had already come back for more.

And then the last game against Hudson. At this moment Pelle informed us that there was no competition at all anymore for us to win the wooden spoon. So our team went all out for it, deciding to teach everyone that our Stunties really are All Stars. So Hudson brought his Dwarves (along with the Deathroller). What a game this was. It was just great. The first half was dominated by the dwarfs and their Deathroller. Gobbo's were flying of the pitch, most of them to the KO box. However the chainsaw looney managed to take one dwarf out, with another soon following, before he was finally taken out in a climatic confrontation with the deathroller (both went down). With their deathroller of the pitch and 2 dwarfs missing, the dwarfs were undermanned and the goblins managed to take advantage of it. The weird thing about this game is that the dwarfs were outcasualtied by the gobbo's (Read gobbo's, not Trolls, Fanatics or looney's, just plain gobbo's), while the dwarfs easily outfouled the gobbo's. In the end, the gobbo's managed to convert the 0-1 halftime score into a 2-1 victory. Eat that you stinkin dwarfs. A great game

And then came the prizes. A very well stocked prize table as well. I was very happy with the wooden spoon award, which now has a place of honor in my cabinet. Aside from that the Stunty All Stars showed the other 'winners' what it was to be All stars at the prize awards as we managed to be the team with the most awards (Wooden Spoon, Best painted and Most casualties).

Beware, next year we'll be back.

PS: Quermitt and JJ! no more spiking our food/drinks or else ...

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Vigfus wrote:
Second game was versus the magische Tube with his Dark elves. Well, I cannot say I wasn't warned. Quermitt told me you are induced to play in a silly manner against him. It wasn't long before somehow my players started to jump straight into the dead and injury box. The sillyness soon struck and Trolls were looking stupid, tossing gobbo's in the air and in the crowd. I don't know what it is about Bart, but Quermitt is right, he somehow tricks you to start to play silly. A great opponent, sorrily enough the dice didn't cooperate to make this a great game.
No, you are wrong, it was a great game. Winning 7 - 0 really did me win the award for most TD.

We had a lot of fun with gobbo's standing in line to go to the dead and injured box.

And it is indeed my mental skill to trick my opponents in doing wacky stuff. Yeah :smoking:

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Magictobe wrote:
Vigfus wrote:
No, you are wrong, it was a great game. Winning 7 - 0 really did me win the award for most TD.

We had a lot of fun with gobbo's standing in line to go to the dead and injured box.

And it is indeed my mental skill to trick my opponents in doing wacky stuff. Yeah :smoking:
Not to mention following the coaches advise trying to blitz the assasin when there was no more room to get there after both trolls rolled Really Stupid and therefor were not able to make the gap! :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"