BUBBLE 2508 13th & 14th of September, Utrecht Netherland

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Just had my plans for this eveneing cancelled.

So, who's going to be at the korenbeurs tonight for a little warm-up?

Reason: ''
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Good luck to everyone, wish I was there but I know you'll have a good weekend anyway... :wink:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

well well.. at least mepmuff was there to keep me company ;-) i hope this improves the next two days.. i might just get some sleep this night *g*

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

so you'll be prepared to be the first to win teh BUBBLE back to back .. hmm interesting :D

I had to babysit mate, at least the weather cleared up

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Dave wrote:I had to babysit mate, at least the weather cleared up
I'm afraid Candle got me to confess that I was sent there to get him liquered up while you got a bit of rest before the first round "fix" :P

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

he he, all I hope is that there's an even number of players ... then we'll see :wink:

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

dwarfcoach wrote:Good luck to everyone, wish I was there but I know you'll have a good weekend anyway... :wink:
I know I won't enjoy the walk home as much without the company :P

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Day one is over.

30 coaches started early (relatively) contesting the BUBBLE 2508.
After three rounds it's SirSebstar (who beat my ogres 6-0 in round one), Mepmuff and Candlejack (Whookie trying a back-to-back) who are still unbeaten (3 wins) with JaM and I think Vindicta_Mickey trailing at a few points.

I'll post a bit of a teaser for those not attending.

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Had a great tourney, glad to see The Bubble staying in Utrecht for once. It was a tournament of brotherhood, my bro won, Snotty stayed at his Brother's Grotemuis brought his brother, the loser ended the tourney drinking with his broter and Lowsman tried to look like Candlejack's brother.

The choice of a 4 gobbo, no BoB Orc team was better than I expected. I also expected my nightmare lineup to be Dwarves. 1st game was Snotty's dwarves an I started on a double skulls. Still, I beat them. Second game: Dwarves coached by Donovan managed a tie. I had to help him get the gobbos off the pitch though by failed landings and GFI. Third game was a disastrous one against Vindicta Mickey's Dwarves. He delivered the rectal probing I feared the first two games with a vengence. Than it was off to have pancakes knowing that the next morning I would face Lowsman's Dwarves. t was a fun game I lost 2-1. But it is nice to know you can keep someone from protecting the ball by setting up a crowd push. The last game was against Orcs by someone who's NAF nick excaped me. It made the tourney average for me and I helped him get two prizes (double skulls reroll double skulls and last place :-? ). I'm such an altruistic BB player ;)

Nuffle Sucks!
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Thanks for a great tournament Dave, and of course all who were attending. Had 5 great games, and have now experienced the "thrill" of playing at the first 2 top-tables for a few games !! :D I probably found it more exciting than the viewers though, but I finished 4th, and that's a 1st for me :D (being in the top 10 that is).

See you all next year, or/and next tournament !

JaM

kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

Well... I think everybody will tell you the same thing.
Like always, this tournament was great. I want to thank Dave and his lovely assistant (wich I kissed, remember that when she turns 24 and all your tongues are hanging out, and you are drowning in your own drule) for organising.

There were some great prices this year, pitty I missed out on that halfling cook. If someone knows annyone who sells this moddel for a good price, let me know.

Sorry for the guys that I beat, I hope you all get a rematch some day.
Mepmuff you dutch bastard , I hope I'll get my rematch as well. Altough I had it comming after the borderbrawl 2007. Gratz on winning btw.

Congratulations on JaM as well, who amazed me by playing on that 1st table for a few games. Pitty you didnt beat my adversery for the title... :lol:

Candle, and Mr Wood, ... I'll be seeing you guys at the brassbowl for a nice Duvel I hope. I'll get stupified with you there and make up for power playing on this tournament.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next bubble as well.

And good luck to you all in the upcomming tournaments.

Love the Right Stuff
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'd like to add that, dispite fouling casualties counting for the overall casualty-rate, I didnt foul once but still scored 17 of them, four of them dead.

It's not that I dindt have the chance, but I choose not to do that. Despite costing me (hindsight being the wonderfull thing it is) a third place.

It's against the rules !! :D :smoking: So I dont foul.

However, dont count on this if I play another team, in another tournament... :D

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

First off: JaM I think you must be mistaken on fouling counting for points. Kills by fouling counted for kills only, not fot casualty points.

Big thanks to Dave for organizing this once more!

Now let's try to remember what happened this weekend. Friday night I went over to the korenbeurs, not knowing if there would be anyone. What I found was one lone Candlejack. We had a nice chat and a few beers, after which Candle went to the hostel to rest up a bit after a loooonnnnggg day in a rainy city.

The saturday came and having talked through our roster considerations with the defending champ the night before I changed my mind last-minute and brought 4 blitzers, 2 witches, 1 runner, 4 lino's, 2 rerolls, 1 cheerleader and 1 assistant coach.

Saturday - Match 1. vs Lowsman's dwarves
Skill picked: Wrestle on a witch
Always fun to play against Richard. First half I received and seeing how he had a deathroller waiting in the dugout, I tried to get one of his players off and score as late as possible. I succeeded at the second part. In the second half I kicked to a dwarf team with a deathroller. Kickoff result was blitz and the kick was short enough for me to get a blitzer underneath it. The 2-0 was swift and merciful. After this we both had quite normal drives leading to an end-score of 3-1 (0-2).

Saturday - Match 2. vs Yavatol's Orcs
Skill picked: Block on a witch
It's been a loonnnggg time since I apologized for my dice rolling. But having killed two Orcs (one BOB, one lino) by turn 2 or 3 and having put three in total in the D&I box by turn 4 I felt kind of silly because of those high armour and injury rolls. With the dark elves outnumbering the Orcs, the inevitable happened. End result: 2-0 (3-2)

Saturday - Match 3. vs Kwek's Khemri
Skill picked: Dodge on a blitzer
Well, this was a chance to settle an old score. I played against kwek's khemri with high elves once. That game I was leading 2-0 by half time and kwek managed a miraculous turnaround including an endzon to endzone ball-movement in a single turn. This time it was not to be. The khemri concentrated on the hitting, but couldn't control the ball. Another blitz kick off result didn't help them either. The score ended 3-0 (1-5)

Sunday - Match 4. vs sirsebstar's wood elves
Skill picked: Tackle on a blitzer
This promised to be tight match. I personally think dark elves to be a team built to deal with wardancers (esp. dump off and frenzy). And deal with them they did. Halfway through the first half saw both of them in the dead and injury box, which made life much easier for the dark elves who managed to break the woodies on the first drive. With the wardancers gone, the woodelves didnt manage to break back and it became a game of dark elves playing the clock. It felt tight to me because I had to make four to five dodge rolls each turns to keep my 6 or so remaining elves out of tacklezones. The scoreboard showed 1-2 (2-3) when the whistle blew.

Sunday - Match 5. vs JaM's Dwarves
Skill picked: Dodge on a blitzer
So here I was sitting at table one for the final round against Jan of all people. I think people could have made a fortune if they'd set up a bet for this one before the tourney :D (JaM and me usually reside on the low tables). This game the dark elves got a bit of payback in the hurting department. Bits of elf were flying all over the pitch, legs left, arms right. It looked like a game of Twister (tm) for serial killers on LSD. Having kicked to the dwarves this was not going according to plan. We did keep knocking the ball loose, but the dwarves picked it up again and again. Turn 5 saw them with a tight cage in scoring range. A heroic effort by a blitzer got the ball loose on a one die pow and the ball luckily bounced into one tacklezone. One lineelf got to it and lobbed it down the field and out of range of the dwarves. Next turn the dwarves failed a go for it, leaving the ball an easy pick up for the elves who were out of range and could easily stall out the last turn. Second half was upon us and the game plan was clear. Score the 2-0 and be done with it. Didnt happen though.... The dwarves put on the pressure and had the ball loose by turn 2 or 3. It took me a few turns to get it loose again and throw it away as far as I could again (to a receiver this time). There were dwarves that could reach him this time around so he got pummeled mightily. But the damage was done and these extra yards the dwarves had to run meant JaM couldn't get more out of this than a draw. In the end it was 1-1 (1-5).

The award ceremony started with Grotemuis handing over a signed football to Dave as thanks for being our league commisioner for the past 6 years along with a boardgame (we tried really hard to think of anything bloodbowl Dave doesn't have, there really is nothing that fits that description :D ). Painting saw Dave's ogres at place 1 and YoungLordDenisar's Norse in second and Wilger's Khemri REALLY close behind (2 points). Most touchdowns went to sirsebstar who managed 17 (as did Gorbad, but sebastiaan got it on net touchdowns). Sunday drop was for Vindicta Mickey, Cloggie managed to get most kills with halflings. Most casualties went to Jam (tied with Vindicta Mickey on Cas for, against and kills. Decided on final ranking). Wooden Spoon went to OSIWM on the basis tha cloggie (who finished behind him) already got a prize... So yeah, cloggie even lost at loosing..... :P Third place went to Straeten, second to kwek and Im really glad he picked Myrre as the assistant to kiss :lol:.

For those interested, the match results and ranking are up at http://darknova.xs4all.nl/bubble/battle08/index.php

PS
I got asked why my elves weren't participating in the painting contest. It was because I didnt paint them. They were painted by CornishMikey for those wondering.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

HA!

It looked like a game of Twister (tm) for serial killers on LSD

I like that, and yes, it did. :D

Nice report, too !

edit: my mistake about those fouls counting for points, , but it's still against the rules :D

Cloggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cloggy »

mepmuff wrote:Wooden Spoon went to OSIWM on the basis tha cloggie (who finished behind him) already got a prize... So yeah, cloggie even lost at loosing..... :P
Yeah, that would kinda sum up my weekend :-?

Thanks to Dave for another great tourney!

My Bulls have the "Thin Skull" trait. After every block they make, roll a D6. On a 1+ they get ko-ed and stay in the ko-box for the rest of the game.