The Bearded Snot III - Lancaster (NW UK) 25t - 26th Oct 2008

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Ok, its 2 months until the Bearded Snot and i have only had payment from 4 people... Starting 2 get worried now. :-? Hate 2 push the point but i need people 2 start sending payment soon.

Reason: ''
The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Payment sent today Shane.

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

Apologies, but I'm going to have to pull out.

Work have issued a blanked holiday ban for the last two weeks of October and the first week of November while we re-fit the place. And as I work weekends, this is a problem (a problem that half an hour of arguing with management did NOTING to solve :pissed: ).

Sorry Shane.

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

I will be in (95%) i am just waiting for the next pay day in 2 weeks.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Is this going to be NAF sanctioned? Not 100% sure I will be available - can I pay on the day?

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

To be honest im looking at cancling the Bearded'Snot III as ive only had payment from 3 people and it's only 8 weeks off.

I dont want to but i think that with bigger events like the Spiky being 2 weeks before and the Eurobowl and Tritex being a week after everyone has opted for them and so is spent up. :cry:

@ Dave, Daz and Matt: How do you want me to refund your money? If you all have paypal accounts then if you give me your account addresses i will send it back via paypal.

Sorry guys :cry:

jordellfreshbreeze

Post by jordellfreshbreeze »

shane dont cancel mate,

there are alot of people who dont send payments and just pay on the day mate cmon i was looking forward to the breaded snot again

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

I agree with JD. The Strongbowl had 4 payments out of the 18 and the rest paid on the day, if your not sure please leave it for a couple of weeks

"Living the Dream!!"
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Thats all very well but personally I do see this from Shane's point of view.

Its nice that numbers get topped up at the last moment but when there are only 3 paid thats a different story. What if others dont come? And I agree that there is suddenly lots going around that time.

You know me... love the tourney scene. But as players, we need to show some commitment to those who do the organising and leaving it to the week before is not really the way to do this. I can see Shane's view on this and I paid a couple of months ago....

TFF mod team
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

I don't think it helps player's confidence that the event was cancelled previously, and if it gets cancelled again I think next time you try to run it you'll hit the same problem or worse. I thinnk it's pretty much make or break time. It's a shame to have to say that, but it's also how a lot of people think. It also doesn't really matter what the reasons were for cancellations; it's the uncertainty caused that people see.

Run it, but maybe get more active in promoting it on FlameOn and Waterbowl forums (two Manchester based networks for BloodBowl). Like you say though, Tritex the weekend after is IN Manchester and some people may not want to do both. But some will - if they know about it.

dazlamb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dazlamb »

It would be good if it happens, if not let me know and I might go to the tritex challenge instead. Are you going shaniepoo?

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Sorry guys, i know it's crap but im going to cancel. I was running the tournament on my own with the help of a friend and dont have the suport of the 'Bearded Snot' gaming club since it has been taken over by someone else 2-3 years ago. That mixed with the fact that it's been quite a few years since i ran a tournament and the lack of payment has made me very unsure.

@ lucifer - I understand what your saying. Last time i think it wasnt canceled but the date changed as people couldnt attend.

@ Dazlamb - Wownt be at the Tritex as thats haloween weekend and i have about 3 partys to attend in my red body paint and pvc thong... how the girls love Shaniepoo the Devil :wink:

I think i might just stick to attending tournaments and kicking arses (:roll:) and leave the running tournaments to others.

Daz and Matt i will pay pal you tonight, Dave i just need to know how you want your refund.

mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

Shane, any excuse to run round in a thong eh?

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

mattwhile wrote:Shane, any excuse to run round in a thong eh?
If you had a body like mine wouldnt you want to show it off... :lol:

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

It's a shame to cancel - would have been good last minute Eurobowl practice. Sorry to hear Shane.