Strongbowl 2008, 30th and 31st August

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Lowny
Rookie
Rookie

Strongbowl 2008, 30th and 31st August

Post by Lowny »

THE STRONGBOWL 2008

Unfortunatly Ronnie4655 has given up the strongbowl this year as he has other comitmients. :cry:

But have no fear because Lowny is here. I have helped Ronnie over the last 2 years and have agreed to take over the organisation of the Strongbowl 2008.

I will post details on the forum as soon as i can get all the info i need (times, dates etc).
The only thing i will say is that there will still be stars and it will still be 1.1 million gold peices per team.

I have had a fiddle with the way skills are gained and hope to have a new and original way of doing things.

The venue is the same as the last few years. (Ambassador Snooker Club, Evesham).
Please post if you would be interested in coming. The more people come the cheaper it will become.

Reason: ''
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Moved, because, though it may be a great tournament, I don't think it has the standard of THE Bloodbowl yet. :wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Honestly it depends on whether the Albion cup is on or not. If not I could well be on.

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Post by Ronnie90210 »

Draco wrote:Moved, because, though it may be a great tournament, I don't think it has the standard of THE Bloodbowl yet. :wink:
hmm the bloodbowl has crap food, nothing to give you as prizes,even thou if you won the damn thing and the fee cost the same as of a small TV. :lol: (sorry for dissing a major but after the WC it kinda ticked me off)

Ok the venue is not that big comparing to GW, but this tourny gives you alot of stuff and really cheap. Also i would like to mention the venue has had a brill refurb, so more people can fit in and it looks fantastic.

I will try and make it this year dude, should be ok lots of notice :D when do you need payments?

"Living the Dream!!"
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Some smegger seems to have moved it to August :roll: After I booked the weekend off too :wink:

Do me best mate, the more Smegheads the better methinks :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

I've put you in on the 2008 Calendar mate, I do owe you one for the draw at the WC so I will see how far I can stretch the '08 Tourney Budget'.... :wink:

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Gumbo wrote:Honestly it depends on whether the Albion cup is on or not. If not I could well be on.
I would like there to be an ACC in 2008 but it will likely be in August still (maybe the 23/24). I will try and avoid it clashing with the Newquay Bowl and the Strongbowl....long way off yet..just finding my way back into BB atm.

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Lowny
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lowny »

Thanx all for the replies and i will get a torny pack sorted out to send out to you all. (no need to guarantee you will come or pay me yet)
The new torny packs i will send will include :-
1. Torny Rules
2. Time table
3. Local map
4. List of accomidation recomendations
And ofc anything i forgot to type!!! lol

Lowny
(most cas PKQ3 Strongbowl 1 and 2)

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

This sounds good to me, i think i will do this one.

Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly
Location: Evesham, Worcstershire, England (or maybe in my Wacky Races Car No 90210)

Re: Strongbowl 2008, 30th and 31st August

Post by Ronnie90210 »

Lowny wrote: Unfortunatly Ronnie4655 has given up the strongbowl this year as he has other comitmients. :cry:
i wouldn't say give up i would say more of cannot run the strongbowl becasue of the fact of moving and job commitments :(

i may be able to attend this tourny but i dunno what shifts im working so i will know at later date :(

"Living the Dream!!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If there's no ACC in 2008, and I'm not on a family holiday, I might be able to make it, so put me as a possible.

If it comes down to ACC one weekend, and Strongbowl the next though, I'm afraid the ACC wins, as I've a championship to defend (or more likely give up easily! :lol: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Ronnie90210 wrote:i wouldn't say give up i would say more of cannot run the strongbowl becasue of the fact of moving and job commitments :(

i may be able to attend this tourny but i dunno what shifts im working so i will know at later date :(
Splitter!...

... potentially :wink:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Ronnie90210
Jason Priestly

Post by Ronnie90210 »

Igor Tahavanale wrote:
Ronnie90210 wrote:i wouldn't say give up i would say more of cannot run the strongbowl becasue of the fact of moving and job commitments :(

Splitter!...

... potentially :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The smegheads will live on :smoking:

"Living the Dream!!"
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

Interested.

Lowny
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lowny »

Ok i have had a discusion with a few players around my area and i am looking to review my idea for skill upgrades so please be patent with me and i will have rules pack ready asap and start to hand it out in january.

If there is anything that you would like to see at the strongbowl that you havent seen anywhere else please dont be affraid to ask me.

Most Cas PKQ3, Strongbowl 1 and 2
6+6 = Death