Newquay Bowl 4 - 2nd & 3rd August

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Cheers Dave. Some impressive dice against Geggster and you certainly helped! Thanks for a good time Gary - until next year...

Mike

Reason: ''
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Grats to Sann and his Norse!

With only Lycos to even hold him on his march to victory, looks like a worthy addition to Team Scotland too! Still gutted to have missed out - next year my precious.....next year...... :lol:

Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Thanks to everyone I played and saw again, and congrats to Mike. And cheers to Hudson & Gav. I had a blast, even with the dice showing "2,1" dodge all bloody weekend with my gobbos (I am now "Tokyo-Dodge" :wink: ) and "both down" on any block made by a gobbo no matter how many two dice I re-rolled. I've never seen dice like it on a continuous run of games* :lol: Still, it's fine, as an honorary Gary I can slip in to Garyworld where everything smells of roses, the sun is always shining, and I won all 6 :lol:

*didn't help that, on reflection, I also picked a complete dumb-ass roster (too many weapons) :oops:

And cheers to Gav for introducing me/us to a great new dice game (kicked your ass!) Infact, if it wasn't bloodbowl I was sh#t hot this weekend :wink: :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

First tourney and i had a blast, many thanks to Hudson, Valen, lycos and everyone else i met. big shout to the Cornish "posse" (and yes I also thought you needed passports if you went that far south Matt!!)

Just wondering if it will rain in Reading in Oct?

Well done to Mike for a well deserved win (he trampled over me on the way to it!!) & also the fact he was very gracious in the car on the way home!!

Top weekend, great guys and some excellent BB what more could a "Newbie" ask for (weather?)

cornishmikey
Experienced
Experienced
Location: See where i'm pointing? just a little to the left...no, the other left...there i am!!

Post by cornishmikey »

What a weekend! One win two draws and three losses, but i enjoyed every game - i think Ronnie was a bit frustrated at my skinks dodging though :wink: Great to put faces to the names and have a few beers 8)

Valens snoring early sunday...once heard never forgotten :wink: Jeez, i could hear him in the back garden even though i was at the front of Gary's house - how Lycos managed to sleep next door to him i'll never know :D

Big thanks to Gary and here's to next year!

i'm a little teapot short and stout

http://cornishmikey-painting.webs.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

cornishmikey wrote:how Lycos managed to sleep next door to him i'll never know :D
From what I can remember of the year we kipped at Gav's, I think once Dave's asleep, it takes an act from God to wake him (I'm not sure he even woke for Hoomin demanding a lift from Geoff at some god-unholy hour of the morning :wink: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

No he didn't :pissed:

And believe me, try Darkson and Gav together, and there is no way in hell you'll sleep. :cry: :cry: :cry:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Igor Tahavanale wrote: with the dice showing "2,1" dodge all bloody weekend with my gobbos (I am now "Tokyo-Dodge" :wink: )
Don't forget the "Sean Bean" result - 006 :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

sann0638 wrote:
Igor Tahavanale wrote: with the dice showing "2,1" dodge all bloody weekend with my gobbos (I am now "Tokyo-Dodge" :wink: )
Don't forget the "Sean Bean" result - 006 :D
Didn't get it in the end (need to find the name of that character, unless we're sticking with "Beaner"). I got 0-1-5, which also is nothing to be proud of :oops: :lol:

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

LOLLIPOP!

Right, now I've got that out of my system...
Top weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, especially playing Davis and having a massive Lollipop war with the trolls. (apologies to everybody else who looked very serious whilst playing their matches)

Great to meet the cornish guys, especially Matt & Mike and nice to meet other new faces too.
Loved the quote that Glowworm came up with whilst standing between George and Matt "If I stand here I look intelligent and thin!"

Sounds like Gav's snoring would've beaten Glowworms into a cocked hat, although it was the source of much amusement when teamed with the Pratchett book "Where's my Cow?"
Is that my cow?
It goes .... "SNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE"
It is not my cow, it is a Hippopotamus!

Thanks for putting up with our antics (and our singing of Tenacious D) and for supplying some cracking scrumpy :D

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

Glad you enjoyed it, it's only taken a week for the tent and gayzebra to dry out. Roll on next year

Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

Gayzebra?
Was he one of the many coaches I didn't play?
Lol

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King