Monkeybowl III - 5th/6th April 2008 BLITZWING WINNER

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Ace Bren

Well done stick (bell)

Some classic weekend moments...

Luke, so very very very drunk. :D

Gavin taking (at least) an hour to persuade Johan to bet him £50 that United would win the double, and getting absolutely nowhere...

...and taking 5 seconds to goad Geoff into a bet, which he subsequently lost.

Lycos's ridiculously poor wookie impression. :oops:

Gorbad and his stale bred

Jamie losing his voice, then coming upto me and after being asked if his voice felt like returning, he replied "No, and i've tried coke, lemonade and even red bull..." :lol: :lol:

The greek salad. :roll:

Lisa having a in depth conversation with Geoff about girly stuff, then casually admitting "It's nice to have another girl to talk to about these things"

Gorbad sat down at the hotel waiting for his continental breakfast to arrive, even though he'd just seen that it was a buffet.

Not drawing lycos... 8) (I need to beat Brendon first :wink: )

All in all a greatly enjoyable tourney, and very well done to Luke for the win- thoroughly deserved.

Reason: ''
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Mr and Mrs Stick would like to give big thanks to the boys for all their hard work in organising a fantastic tourney. Very smooth!

Well done to Luke, the Northern Nosebleed clearly did not affect his performance!

Had a great time, especially the craic on the Saturday, however it did prove the belief that deep fried chicken smothered in cheese, topped with cheese is best ingested from a cardboard box at 4 am, NOT in a restaurant!

Really chuffed at winning the Watermonkey, what a great trophy, which will take pride of place at the new house! Took Khemri both times, and came out 4-1-1 both times, proving they are broken and should be nerfed at the next rules review :wink:

H's second run out with the CDs seemed to go down well, and I doubt it's the last we'll see of them, although she has just got her new Krox...Pippy, she's gonna beat you!

Next stop for me is Pearlies - bring on the Southern Blackshirt Pooftas!

Wye Aye Man Pet etc...

Word to Your Mother.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:Lisa having a in depth conversation with Geoff about girly stuff, then casually admitting "It's nice to have another girl to talk to about these things"
LOL, I forgot abour that, Geoff's a girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Valen wrote:
Nuffle-was-a-woodelf wrote:Lisa having a in depth conversation with Geoff about girly stuff, then casually admitting "It's nice to have another girl to talk to about these things"
LOL, I forgot abour that, Geoff's a girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it must have been funny as Gav actually put his pint down.....

Great tourny lads well done again and roll on next year but not with Goblins.

Beat a chump (Smee :D ) got two draws (Zolug: My hail mary bomber taking out his whole cage was special and Shanes face when his three disturbing presences could not stop ripper chucking a gobbo within range only to fail the landing).

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Please...for next year....

NO MORE ******* ELVES!!!!!!!!

Zoglug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Zoglug »

You'll be happy to know ive started painting my Pro Elf team then NK!!! get them ready for next year

Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

I have to say "thank you" to a lot of people.. of course all the great people i met (again) over the weekend, has as always been a blast.. my opponents for a couple of exciting and funny games.. valen, jamie, frazier and geoff for picking me up in manchester, driving me around and giving me a bed to sleep in. but of course to the two biggest brothers in BB, brendan and michael for not only hosting a great tournament and talking me into coming ;-) but also for organising my accomodation and the lift.. you guys ROCK!

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Firstly, well done everybody involved, organisers and players, it was a good weekend.

Now for my whining :lol:
Apologies if I have forgotten my opponents names.
Once again I tool the black and gold Mootland Wasps for another crack at the Stunty Cup. As long as I could avoid many games against Elves or Skaven I had a decent chance.

Game 1: vs MattRobson, Dark Elves. A scrappy first half in which the DE fought there way towards the endzone, to eventually score in turn 5 (delayed by a spilled ball on the TD line which was then hurled up the pitch by hail mary pass). The second half saw Puggy Baconbreath be handed the ball deep in his own half and set off for the endzone... which he eventually arrived at in the very last turn. Final score 1-1

Game 2: vs Blitzwing, Skaven. No resistance whatsoever. Completely out of ideas to counter a very good team. 5-0 defeat.

Game 3: vs Tritex, Dark Elves. The less said about this game the better. Fouling on pretty much every turn saw all three trees carried off within the first 4 turns of the game, and nobody left by the end! At the end of the match 2 players were knocked out with the other 12 being in the dead and injured box! 3-0 defeat. A dark day :(

Game 4: I forget who, but they were, of course, Dark Elves. A stunning game however and a bit of fight returned after the previous 2 games. A shootout which saw repeated incompetence by one Dark Elf lineman saw him struggle to pick up the ball again and again, handing me 1 TD. An interception right near their own endzone also cost the elves with another. This game saw my only 1 turn TD of the weekend. The equaliser for the DE coming in the very last turn. Final score 3-3.

Game 5: vs Pug, Orcs. (at last! no elves or Skaven in sight!). Comfortable game really. The Orcs concentrated on beating Halflings up, but just didnt have any luck with the dice at all. 2-0 win :D

Game 6: not sure who it was against, but I bet you can guess what race they were. Pointy ears, purple armour, faster, stronger, doing everything on a 2 plus. Another shocker. No luck whatsoever, the master chef gave me no re-rolls at all all game.. It can be summed up in one example. A well worked move which requires great thought and planning sees Puggy carry the ball, supported all the way, for about 5 or 6 turns, all the way to the line from well inside his own half only to fail a dodge to score. This eventually resulted in the ball being thrown around by the crowd ending up right down the other end where all a witch elf needed to do was merely pick it up to score (again). Gutted :(
I have to apologies to my opponent for the second half of this game because, although I had taken everything in good humour all weekend, I had had enough now and was a bit miserable with having little to no chance. 5-0 defeat.

Overall, I played pretty well and had some awful luck. But I learnt a lot and will be better for all those games against high moving high agility teams. The Stunty Cup was in sight going into the last game, with Valen playing in the next table and it being very close, but again it was not to be. But I will keep trying.
Thanks again everybody for a great weekend.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

[remains seated and refusing to rise to the bait]

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

HES A LADY :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Northernknight wrote:Game 5: vs Pug, Orcs. (at last! no elves or Skaven in sight!). Comfortable game really. The Orcs concentrated on beating Halflings up, but just didnt have any luck with the dice at all. 2-0 win :D
Must admit, Although I was trying to kill anything small that got near me and failing miserably with dirty players and mighty blow, for nuffles sake. I did get that little B@'tard Puggy Baconbreath in the last action of the game. It took 2 BoB, 2-3 Blitzers and a running elbow drop to the face to kill the goit outright. Aaaah! Satisfaction.

PS.

Anyone get the number of the barmaid at Joe Rigatonollianisalas (What-ever). Hmmmmm....Nice!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Back to work now. Still exhausted but getting there… ;)

Massive thank you to everyone who came to Monkeybowl III, especially those that traveled from a long way away – including the southerners!

Extra special thank you to the following folks:

First and formost is Ste – for trusting us all with the hall, working the bar and being a massive help on the day and helping with organisation before hand. We all owe him a HUGE thank you!

Big big thanks also to Schmee for creating and organizing the Dungeonbowl in the last round and generally helping out plenty too.

Thanks to Geoff for “doing everything barring wiping my a**e” (his own words) in the days leading up to the event. The dug outs are awesome as ever and thanks for putting up our foreign friends (yes I mean you too Luke! ;) )

Thanks to Pug for his awesome top table stadium.

Thanks to Panico for helping out on Saturday morning too.

And of course thanks to Tritex for his always generous prize support.

Did I miss anyone out? Sorry if I did. Must get back to work. Less than 2 hours to go…

Hope to get the rankings in by the end of the week.

Cheers
Pip

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Northernknight wrote: Game 4: I forget who, but they were, of course, Dark Elves. A stunning game however and a bit of fight returned after the previous 2 games. A shootout which saw repeated incompetence by one Dark Elf lineman saw him struggle to pick up the ball again and again, handing me 1 TD. An interception right near their own endzone also cost the elves with another. This game saw my only 1 turn TD of the weekend. The equaliser for the DE coming in the very last turn. Final score 3-3.
I think it was Anthony (Purdinas) but only because he was complaining about playing a halfing team an not being able to pick up the ball!

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Would like to write a lot, but got back at home this night at 3:30 am and was in office this morning at 8:30, finding a lot of sh*t in office (they can't live 2 days w/o me), which give me some free second only now...

So, before a more detailed post, I would love just to say a HUGE "THANK YOU" to everyone, in special way for Bren, Michael and Geoff...

Tomorrow I'll make a lesson about how to gage, while Luke will make one about how to score a one turner with a frenzy RatOgre.... :-)

CIAO!!!!

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
polarbear
Experienced
Experienced

Post by polarbear »

My thanks to the organisers, for erm organising. Top Tourney!

30mins before the start I still didn’t know what team or skill choices I’d be taking. Apparently I had to take a proper team!!! :o So finally decided on Skaven, having never played a game with them before. :lol: Cheers to Nippy & Pubbowler for the much needed hand. Thanks also goes to Valen for being patient with me in my first game, whilst I familiarised myself with some newfound skills. I was like a kid in a sweet shop & took just as long too. :oops:

Played six really entertaining games against some class opposition & somehow I found myself on the top table at the start of day two! :o The wheels came of against Lycos (Dave). :cry:

Even tried some Parmo. Ta, Zoggy. Far to cheesy for me thou’.

''AMITUOFO!'' ''AMITUOFO!'' ''AMITUOFO!''