THE POO BOWL Lougborough U.K. 13th - 14th January 2007

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Gav first
Odium second

Cheers again sticks!

finished 2/3/2

Great tourney, great people, lots of Dwarfs.

Had two one-turners and an impossible TD scored against me

Very tired.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Reason: ''
Mr 1-in-20
Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

Cracking tourney Ian and Harriet (and the Mighty Blower :o ), you did us all proud.

4-1-2 for me, a much better second day all round.

Here's to next year. :D

Like beer and Blood Bowl? Then the STABB Cup is for you!
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

yes a really good weekend, many thanks to the sticks for all the had work.

me 4/1/2

came 5th and loved it :D

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

A little more:

first up : Ian, Harriet and Liz, thanks a bunch, did a great job, Harriet you deserve particular mention.

Valen (Amazons) won in what was a very close finish and Odium Khan 2nd (Delves). Most CAS Deathjester (Delves) and Most TDs Venomous with Skaven.

7 games was good fun, but this time no breeze as I realised that with 15 or 16 games each round one was going to drag on and be unfair on someone but it was good. Other performers, Magic Dave (Norse) and 4th place was Stick himself with High Elves - no mean feat!

Irony: If it had been 6 games as normal, the winner would have been our NAF prez, Deathwing with his zons!! The mojo is back :wink:

But good fun. Took Dwarves, 2-4-1 and thanks to all my oppos and generally everyone, nice chilled out tourney.

(Heavens, is it me - Dwarves are soooo boring to play. Awesome team dont get me wrong with all that guard, mighty blow and block runners on top of of everything to start with but c'mon thay are soooo boring :zzz: )

TFF mod team
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

What a fun weekend.

After 7 games I'm absolutely knackered.

Thanks to Ian and Harriet for running the event, putting up with us overnight, and providing such..er...interesting prizes.

Cheers

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Thank you so much Ian, Harriet and Liz for a lovely weekend. I think you already have a solid following if you decide to make this a returning event. The little details (like the surprise bags of poo, the prosaic prize diplomas and the plastic parachuters) as Igor pointed out, set this tournament apart from many others.
Liz really deserved the Sticks' Pet prize as I would have had very hard to decide who to vote for most sporting anyway. Everyone was even more cheerful than usual (except Hoomin, when ranting) which must have had something to do with the atmosphere of the event (plus everyone loves jokes about poo I guess).

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Lycos wrote:Dwarves are soooo boring to play
To play and to face. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Mr 1-in-20
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

okay.... 2.30am but all the NAF stats should be in. Give me a shout by PM if any queries but i have had a look over them last hour or so but Im very tired so I could have missed something. (dont think so however, triple checked it).

TFF mod team
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

wow well doen dave you must be cream crackered....

At last some one is with me on dwarfs :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

had a goos 1st day but less said about the 2nd ther better but well played to all my oppo's n.w.a.w especially played khemri exactly as they should be played (maybe not enough fouling tho :wink: )
finished 2/2/3 with norse but ho hum thems the breaks........

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Well done Ian, Harriet and Liz for a great tourney (and for letting me kip on your sofa).

Had a bit of a Hoomin Sunday and ended on 2-1-4 which is a bit of a shocker.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

Good Fun Tournament, never sharing a room with Gavin and his monster snore machine again!!

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Igor Tahavanale wrote:Hightlights for me...

* Gav and Aaron attempting to demolish a KFC family feast between the pair of them.
Surely, this wasn't a challenge :wink:

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Can't say enough how good the tourney was. 7 games was a great idea and one that will be copied in tourneys to come I expect.

Finished 3-2-2 which is a tiny bit disappointing in terms of performance, but still had a great time. Despite a positive record I still dropped 1 NAF point :evil:

Game 1 v Besters
Managed to grind out a 1-1 draw vs Jim's Orcs. Good game, very tough and overall I think it was a fair result. Always nice to play Jim too, so a decent way to start the tourney!

Game 2 v dwarfcoach
Very entertaining to play, although after I equalised at the end of the first half the rest of the game was a bit formulaic really. Still, good fun :) Win 2-1

Game 3 v Richy
Another Orc team, but easily the best painted one in the room :) I was never in it and was thumped 3-1.

Game 4 v Venomous Breath
This is where it all went wrong. From being in control causing massive amounts of damage to somehow allowing a 1d pop on the ball carrier saw the gutter runners get it and score to win 2-1. Gutted, I really should have won this :(

Game 5 v Wightlord
ANOTHER Orc team. It was very close in the first half although again I equalised in turn 8. Second half the dice went my way and towards the end Matt's luck deserted him meaning the 2-1 was fairly secure.

Game 6 v Innerspin
Dwarf v Dwarf. With 12 guard between us. In the pissing rain. He was unlucky not to score in the first half but the weather and a crucial KO I inflicted meant it was 0-0 at the end of the first. Second half I ground out over 8 turns to win it 1-0. Brain hurt a lot after this one with so much guard everywhere.

Game 7 vs Lycos
Dwarf v Dwarf. 12 Guard between us. In the pissing rain AGAIN. Mr Lycos and I have a small disagreement over who should have won this :) I should have scored in the first half and Lycos maintains he should have scored in the second! Although time pressure was undoubtably a factor I still think a draw was a fair result. 0-0 but very hard work and entertaining.

Overall, great tourney. I too am thinking Dwarfs are fairly dull so Dungeonbowl may well be my last tournament with them for some time I think. Bring on Poo 2: More Poo ;)

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Great torni, absolutley cream crackered now though, long way back from Luoghbrough to here :lol:

Thanks alot to the sticks and Liz for a greta torni.

Funny look on Mrs Swift's face when I got home and shown her my trophy, she stared at it for a few seconds and said "but its poo????", just crakced up at that point.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Damned good tourney sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Liz.

Cheers to every one for a great tourney. Me? Rant? Never.

Took Dwarves for the first time ever, and got a 3-1-3 result, not too bad. Dave, i don't think they're boring, just very different in approach because of them being so slow.

Had a blast, but had to stop for an hours kip on the way back up to Edinburgh.

grats Valen, on sleeping with the judges.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!