Essex Bowl

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I meant next week anyway dummy.

I'll play anyone really, a few of us will come down, 2 or 3 possibly. It should be fun.

Reason: ''
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Yeah ok then :D

Played another game with the MudThirsters last night, I scored a TD! Ok so I didn't win but that's besides the point when you're playing Goblins! :lol:

Ok I've got a good idea for a tournement now, but I need to run a few things by a few people first. But it is a DeathBowl tournement.

How many people would be interested in DeathBowl as a tournement? So far I have 7 'yes'(s) from people not on the board, if we can just make the number up to a measley 12 then i'd be happy.

We can of course do the 1v1 thing as well, but if my grand master plan goes well...... :evil:

I'll update you all later on when/if this is possible. I need to speak to a few people first, plus I've got a bundle of work to do today.

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Ok, I've got a few minutes spare, no one has arrived yet :D

My idea was simply this. As we see BB split into divisions, how about we split the UK into divisions. Hold on to your hats now because this isn't quite as sound as it may seem (especially geographically). Seeing as Essex is the BB capital we could house 2 of the 4 divisions. What I would need though are 2 other people from different parts of the UK with spare time and an ability to orginise (and a strong passion for Blood Bowl).

Imagine if the DeathBowl league was split into these confrences:

DEATHBOWL CONFERENCE

North: Somewhere in the UK (Manchester?)
East: Essex
South: Essex
West: Somewhere in the UK (Cardiff?)

Maybe, if we can't get people from regions then how about people from other UK Leagues like WOODEL(sp? sorry DW :oops: ) and ACGBBL taking up a division each?

Can you see where I'm going? Each confrence would have 8 teams (not a huge amount, but this makes it managable and means that if people are interested there will be limited space for those that REALLY want to play) 2 of which are from Essex (as I see us generating the most teams).

We could play these at roughly the same point in the year (possibly next Spring?) and then the top 2 teams of each confrenece would go through to a regional final to determine the DeathBowl UK Champion(s).

Ok, now this may seem like a rather HUGE prospect but all we need to make this come to light are 2 set's of 8 other people from around the UK and a person for each set, who is willing to organise the DB games in their part of town. No rules work would be required as we'd work this out as a committee. There would be a lot of playtesting involved, but hey, that's all part of the fun!

So, am i over-reaching? Or would you guys like to play in something like this?

Feedback please.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I like it geezer as long as you count me in. I'm fine playing DeathBowl. DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

It has a spiky ball doesn't it :evil: , I'm in. :wink:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GenoNBBL wrote: [BIG SNIP]Feedback please.
Much more social (and easier!) to just get people together. Find a boozer with a function room, pick a weekend, and gfi.
Not sure I'd want to play any Deathbowl in a mini-League/qualifing rounds format. Got enough on my plate with Wodell, MBBL and MBBL2, plus I intend to get plenty of playtesting in the lead up to the Spiky and the BB.
Give me a weekend to turn up for fun and mayhem, and I'll be there! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

im from oop north

Post by cunningstunt »

well, im from oop north but im down in essex for the year - if youd like me to rep the 'somewhere' esle things that'd be cool...

im originally from durham (near newcastle, and no i am NOT a geordie, im a mackem)

i dont mind organising, and i lovew blood bowl...

had a sour taste in my mouth after my last win in the leauge - lost my krox (DEAD - i HATE that f*kin minataur!) and got loads injhured - limped away with the 1-0 win tho...

"The more new stuff I learn the more old stuff I forget!!!"
cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

and on top of that

Post by cunningstunt »

also, i can get my old gam,ing clun in sunderland invlved - they had well over 30 members and im sure theyd get 8 players for a leaugue easy peasy

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Cunningstunt - thankyou!

I'll put you down for a position in the Essex region for the moment.

If your club could orginise 8 players and take a conference that would be great. Could you have a word with them please?

Feedback for the DeathBowl has been really good. Basically, lots of people want it! The confrence idea I mentioned earlier will be going ahead as it looks like we will have 32 teams to flesh out all the divisions. What I need to know is this.

Voyagers, DD, Zy-Nox, etc. You all belong to gaming clubs right? Can you let me know how many of your guys would be interested so I can start a rough head count please. I don't think that 2 divisions for the whole of Essex is going to be enough and we may need to actually use 3 of the 4 divisions (the other going to CS' gaming club).

Next I need to know when would be good. If you can attend would you like to play in November?

Also, I need to know who would like to be on the comittiee for sorting out rules, structure, time tables, etc. I'd like a NAF guy in please (looks at DW :wink: )just to give advice.

So, as soon as I get this feedback we can begin to orginise.

Keep it coming chaps!

cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

no prob!

Post by cunningstunt »

no worries genno...

like i say, they should take to it pretty well!

i can have a word with my very good frinds gospel and gretch (whos a GW staffer) and get them to sort it out...

just so i can pass some info on to them, would you be able to send me some slightly more detialed arrangements? as in, games, conferencs etc just to make things a little clearer at their (and my) end!

just some info for you while im on - they meet on a tuesday, wich should mean that i would be able to get the results to you by the friday at the latest. would that be ok?

also, are we going to subdivide essex into regional confrences? i dont mind travelling a bit but id rather nt have to go to far!

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

CS,

Sounds great! I hope to get some time tonight to write up the overall 'plans' for what I've got in mind, I'll get them on here asap.

Are you up North at the moment then or in Essex? Where would you like to play?

Let me know,

Rhys

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I will let you know what the lads feel like regarding the DB league sitch. but as I said in the pm they did like the game last night.

Also I have 3 challenges on the go in the next 7-10 days as our new league kicks off, so I will have to pass on next Tuesday for now. pm me your mobile no. and I will call you at the weekend to confirm if I am going.

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi guys,

Ok I've worked on a format for the DeathBowl. Nothing is final yet and everything is subject to change once we get a proper group setup to work on this.

The idea is as follows. The tournement is a DeathBowl tournement - the rules for this are still to be decided. We won't be using the ones straight out of the compendium but they will remain similar. There will be 32 teams entered, all split into 4 groups of 8 teams. Each group will be known as a 'division', represent as follows:

North - CunningStunt's gaming group
East - Essex contingent
South - Essex contingent
West - Unkown - Possibly a mix of players who arn't from Essex like DW, etc.

Each team will get to play in 4 games over 2 days. The Essex people will be playing (not confirmed) in a hall in Southend-on-Sea. CS' group will probrably play at a location suitable for them. The event itself will be held in a weekend of November, possibly the 16th and 17th.

Points will be awarded on how your team performs in it's DeathBowl games. I'm not sure of a scoring system just yet.

After the 4 games are up then the top 2 teams of all the divisions will meet for the final games. They will then be split into two groups of 4, the top 2 of each group then going to a final to determine the overall winner.

Obvioulsy the top 2 winning teams will need to travel to Essex if they are not here alraedy. If you come within the top 2 but can't make it then the person immediatly below you will take your place, and so on.

The games will be played with the following teams over the following days:

Day 1

Round 1

Game 1
1 v 2 v 3 v 4
Game 2
5 v 6 v 7 v 8

Round 2

Game 1
1 v 6 v 3 v 8
Game 2
5 v 2 v 7 v 4

Day 2

Round 3

Game 1
1 v 6 v 7 v 4
Game 2
5 v 2 v 3 v 8

Round 4

Game 1
1 v 2 v 7 v 8
Game 2
3 v 4 v 5 v 6

Teams must be official LRB1.3 (or higher, depends if a revision comes out) teams. The only allies avaliable are Big Guys. Teams start with a TR of 100.

Ok this is just a bit of blurb to get us started, this is the base I'd like to build on but now I need people who want to help. So far it's me and a guy from Southend gaming club. I'm assuming CS will want to help along with his friends from their club. Would anyone else like to help?

Please PM or mail me at rhys@fragalot.com if you are interested in helping.

In the meantime to learn a little more about DeathBowl you can see the NBBL's version here - http://www.fragalot.com/deathbowl.htm

We can't go ahead on this without help guys, so please help us out!

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I think I understand what your doing.
Basically 4 conferences. north,south east,west?
Each one sets up an event for its members, the winners(or top two) of all four then meet up at a convenient time to play the final?/finals?
Hmmmmmmm..if this is right,It sounds good,I'll PM you, the date sounds OK, I should be able to get time off from work as long as it doesnt get changed(Hell even if it does I'll still attend.)
Are teams going to be using league rules (ie SPP gaining,if so that might be a bit of a beech,tracking teams spps, skills and TR, how would handicaps get worked out?)

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

I've not looked at that yet, that's what I need people to give feedback on you see. :)

Dependant on who can attend it looks like November may be a bit too early, but we shall see. If not then we will make is Spring 2003.

So, league points and team tracking. Idea's please?

How about the style where you get 2 skills per game to allocate randomly to players? Other than that there are no winnings and no handicap rolls. League points are a whole differnet bone of contention.

Any ideas?!