Essex Bowl

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Essex Bowl

Post by GenoNBBL »

Hi guys,

Well as has been mentioned before, an awful lot of people on here come from Essex and as mentioned in the NAF Strips thread there seem's to be an interest for an 'Essex Bowl'.

I'm not saying that I would orginise it (heck, I'm trying to orginise a BBQ Bowl for 6 players at the moment and that's bad enough!) but who would be interested?

I suppose we could rent a hall for a couple of day's somewhere, but it would depend on attendance. I reckon, to cover costs of a hall, etc we'd be looking to get about 16 players in, minimum.

This isn't so much of a thread for 'where shall we do it, who's going to do it' but more for who's interested.

I know the NBBL contingent would be, as would people from the Southend-on-Sea gaming club, so there's roughly 8-10 players to start with.

Who would be interested, and would other members of your club be interested too? Maybe you have idea's for where to host it as well?

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I would be up for it based upon location and duration. I will check with the boyz. I am sure a couple of them would love it too

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I'd definately commit to an Essex Bowl so count me in.
I dont have time to organise such an event though, but I reckon you should host it in the southend area as most of you come from down there, Its easy access and I also know it pretty well.
When would you try to do it? Reading is October, End of August is a Good time or early next year?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Count me in. Can't say how many others, but at least one. As for where, schools are cheap. Mayflower School in Billericay rents out halls. Laters DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

You could also advertise in the Chelmsford store. Why is no-one else replying? Any-one actually organised a tourney before, coz I think this would work?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Well at the moment I've got the BBQ Bowl starting tomorrow. Depending on how it all goes I may put myself up to orginise the EB.

I'll keep you posted :)

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

How much work is involved? What is the process? I may be at least able to help. DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

this still an idea?

Post by cunningstunt »

is this still any sort of a possibilty?

got to say id be interested and a s a ne'er do well infrequent (trains, trasins i tell you!) member of the chelmsford GW store club (where BB is rather popular) i reckon at least 4 players would come (myself not included)...

this thing would be over a weekend? becasue some drinking/social arrangememnts would be nice!

if you want me to spread the word at the chelmsford store, shouldnt be a problem.

cheers

"The more new stuff I learn the more old stuff I forget!!!"
Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

What about having a deathbowl final to it,between the top four teams,or better still make the whole event a Deathbowl, it would make it more unique,.......If you arrange it they will come. :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Right, I'm back from the BBQ Bowl, which went superbly. :D

I've spoken to a friend from the Southend GW Club and they should be able to muster up a few people. I guess we're looking at a total of around 20 teams (which is a hellova lot), and yes a DeathBowl tournement would be rather interesting :o

What are people's opinions on this. Would you like to enter a tournement based on DeathBowl? Or would you prefer to play on a smaller 1 on 1 capacity. I've got to say a DB Tourney would make it very unique, and there are plenty of other tourney's at the moment that offer 1 on 1 games.

Alas I have work to do today *boo* but I'm going to work on getting the BBQ Bowl info up asap. Once this is done I'll start asking round about a possible DB. Before we spread the word could I get a general consenus (sp?) on what everyone's feeling's are on this?

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Death Bowl sounds fun. Count me in. DD.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

:/

Post by cunningstunt »

what would be the basic tournie structure of a death bowl?

i think, if 20 teams are going to be there, itd be good if everyone got at least 5 'official' tourny games, and some tables kept spare for friendlies...

cheers

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I like the idea of friendlies as well. My brother from London would probably want to get involved.
Would we be playing the Death Bowl rules as exactly as they appear in the Compendium?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Ok, more discussions last night, with the following results....

We came up with the idea of a MegaBowl, not a DeathBowl.

Same pitch, different rules. The rules haven't been finalised yet and a lot are missing and open to input. All I've thought about so far is scoring and structure. Anyhooo........

Basically you'd create your team with TR100, find a 'buddy' (preferably someone you play with locally, if not we can sort something out) and then play against another 2 people.

So that'd be 4 teams on pitch, but rather than all v all it's going to be 2v2. The team(s) that score the most TD's win. I'm not entirley sure on what to do about scoring yet. We may do something like this:

'Once the ball is activated (picked up) roll a D8 (scatter dice). Dependant on the roll the following endzone has been activated for TD's.'
1-2: Player 1's Endzone
3-4: Player 2's Endzone
5-6: Player 3's Endzone
7-8: Player 4's Endzone

This could favour some teams at some points in the game, BUT those of you who have played a DeathBowl will know that once you've had your go you have to wait for THREE other teams to move before you can move again. It's real madness!

We'd also incorporate neoliminal's stadium rules to add a different spice to all the games. We used them in the BBQ Bowl and it lead to some very interesting games.

This is just a 'very rough' idea at the moment, but would people be interested in this?

The concept of tag-team Blood Bowl could prove very interesting, but it could also be taken down in flames as it's not 'true' Blood Bowl. But as we've said, there are plenty of 1v1 tournements out there already, maybe people will enjoy something that's a little more different? I know I would.

Feedback appericiated.

cunningstunt
Rookie
Rookie

:/

Post by cunningstunt »

i have to say it sounds a little too extreme - i think thatd play better alongside another normal 1v1 tourny...

im aware that this would be a nightmare to organise but i would think that fewer people would be interested in playing a crazy tourney like the megabowl, so it wouldnt involve everyone anyway...

personally, id prefer a simple 1v1, champions league style

i.e. groups etc etc