BUBBA Bowl V - 3rd Mar - MAP on Pg 10

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: BUBBA Bowl V - 3rd Mar - MAP on Pg 10

Post by sann0638 »

Well, I'll be bringing 5. There's a 4 game tournament right there! ;)

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Itchen Masack wrote:Unless there is a huge change in the weather, I wont be coming. Dont wait for me if I'm not there :D
Same here, my car is snowed in...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Merrick wrote:Even if the weather does permit us to go ahead, would there still be an issue of lack of numbers causing a cancellation?
I will definitely be there and run for however many can make it - still need final word from venue so until they comment I’ll cross one bridge (crevasse?!) at a time.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Snows getting worse in Newport lol :lol:
20180302_132331.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
FluffytheAlien
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FluffytheAlien »

frogboy wrote:Snows getting worse in Newport lol :lol:
20180302_132331.jpg
Aren't you just kneeling down? Lol

Anyhoo. I'm really gonna try be there. I've even shoveled and rocks salted two tyre tracks so I can get out my street. (Might bring one or 2 with me if I can manage and they trust my driving lol)

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

OK...

I have had a confirmation from the venue that unless something changes they will open for us tomorrow! We are therefore going to try and soldier on.

I have had a look at the roads in the local area and the A4 and main road into Keynsham up to the train station are relatively clear. There is still some snow on the local roads but cars are going up and done at the moment. TBH I think if you get out on to the main roads where you are then you'll get to within a couple of hundred yards of the venue.

I have had a few people say they are not able to make it but many more say they want to try and get here; so I will be there at 8.30 tomorrow. If people know for definite that they won't make it do say here.

Obviously journey times will be longer in most cases and I will try and be flexible. I have already considered that we might have to run as a 3 rather than 4 game tournament; that will be held in reserve and i won't make a decision on that until 9.30 tomorrow morning.

I would appreciate it if people could keep me updated here.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Right... on the tricky subject of refunds... I have paid money to the venue for hire and I have paid money for prizes; I will not be seeing any refunds from those. I have paid for food for 34 but if we only get 20 tomorrow I may be able to negotiate some of that back. Once I see what happens tomorrow I will refund whatever I can to those who can't make it.

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

I’ll try! Won’t know till morning but like you said will if I can get out of my village my end so will update well before kickoff.

NAF Name: Cornish
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Its snowing harder than ever in Newport East and unless the rain forecast about midnight clears a route, frogboy's car wont be going anywhere.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Loki, I definitely wont be there tomorrow and obv dont expect a refund. You cant be expected to control the weather in my region too! :)

Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dionysian »

I'll post whether I'm going in morning. Fully expect buses and trains to be cancelled again, so it's likely more whether I fancy reenacting The Day After Tomorrow.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

I'm going to try and get out of my village. We got hit quite hard by snow this afternoon so we'll see what its like in the morning.

I'll keep you updated.

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

GWR website says my trains from Taunton to Templemeads then Keynsham are still OK. I will be checking every couple of hours. No more snow at the moment and none forecast so fingers crossed. Of course it only takes one snowflake at 7:30 am tomorrow to ruin my day - and anybody who looks forward to playing my flings :lol:

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Just had another look outside, its getting much worse...
20180302_160054.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Very sorry to say I won't be in attendance, I'm terribly sorry not to be there but weather being what it is and I'm coming from London, but not only that it's been a bit of a mad week personally speaking and it's best I stay at home.

Hope it goes ahead just fine and good luck to all.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."